Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Daily Solar Status and how to protect oneself

Actually... I've been thinking about our ground crew and something else which is pretty important when we look at the various projected data regarding solar flares. Patrick Geryl, Paul LaViolette and even Astralwalker all have expressed concerns as to what is coming down the road regarding the sun.

How can we prepare?

At heart... on the most basic level I'm a nuts and bolts practical sort of person who just looks for ways to deal with what is on the horizon. I just am a nutter for a variety of back-up systems and try to keep things simple in the process.

We don't have to post all the data that is already on the forum but good links help and discussion can take place in the threads that already exist.

There is lots of data and this thread can provide links to other info we already have... like a Faraday cage, how to protect computers, or solar equipment to name a few.

Some folks are looking for caves as Cliff High suggested and he is also into making an unsinkable boat. Who knew?

I'd appreciate it if this thread becomes a sticky where we just do a solar watch and provide tips or links on how to survive a CME. I know Cliff had talked about warning signs. What are they? How can we work together as a global community toward helping one another through something like this? Cliff is also talking about the internet going down. Well one can protect their computer from EMF and CME by putting it in a grounded microwave oven. At least I did hear that and thought "okay, I can do that" but when would I know to do it? If the net stops due to other reasons then at least I will have my flash drive loaded up with goodies if its possible for the computer to work.

I'll put a link to the sun so we can keep watch and meanwhile, when all else fails, we pray... or pray first... as prayer is an ongoing process. I do have faith that the awakening is just around the corner. Hence, there is also excitement and great anticipation. Fear is gone when an action plan has been developed with multiple back-up plans as options. At least that is how back-up plans help me out.

So please feel free to add links and let us know how the sun is affecting the area you are living in for a little daily watch.

For instance, Hawaii ~ vog here as the winds are from the south where our active volcano is and trade winds from the east are not blowing. The sun is obscured by vog and it is unseasonably warm. Cool at night and hot in the afternoons almost like summer weather. It's been dry on this side of the island.