Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
MrSpoon
Avalon Senior Member

Default [UK] government is prepared to go "quite a long way" with civil liberties

I saw this statement live on TV my jaw dropped to think what this country has become.

Links

BBC

Lib Dems' communities spokeswoman Julia Goldsworthy said it sounded like "something I would expect to read in [George Orwell's book] 1984" and questioned whether the government and councils could be trusted not to misuse the powers.

She asked: "How much more control can they have? How far is he prepared to go to undermine civil liberties?"

Mr Hoon interjected: "To stop terrorists killing people in our society, quite a long way actually.

and

The independent

Speaking on the BBC's Question Time programme, Mr Hoon admitted he was prepared to go "quite a long way" in undermining civil liberties to stop people being killed, and added "the biggest civil liberty of all is not to be killed by a terrorist".
MrSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: [UK] government is prepared to go "quite a long way" with civil liberties

60 million people in the UK, just how many are terrorists???
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
Powerinourhandsl
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: [UK] government is prepared to go "quite a long way" with civil liberties

THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM

0: People killed in the USA by terrorism/WMD in 2006.
(Thousands killed by the US and its allies in foreign countries.)

0: People killed in the UK by terrorism/WMD in 2006.

0: People killed in the USA by terrorism/WMD in 2005.

52: killed in the UK by terrorism/WMD in 2005 (all on "7/7").

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.

2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on "9/11").

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

1.2 MILLION: People in killed in road accidents EVERY YEAR.

430,000: Americans killed by cigarettes EVERY YEAR. (The equivalent of 9/11 repeated every two days forever.) Bush's response to a real threat? His election promise to stop the Justice Department's law suit against the tobacco industry.

400,000: Americans die each year from obesity (while much greater numbers around the world starve to death).

11,000: the people killed in America every year by guns, a human tragedy equivalent to a new 9/11 every 3 months.

8,437: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Iraq in 2003.

3,800: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Afghanistan by 2002.

135,000: Deaths from cancer in UK alone EVERY YEAR

3 MILLION: Killed by HIV/AIDS in 2003.

780,000,000: People starving to death RIGHT NOW.

1.2 BILLION: People "living" on less than $1 a day.
Powerinourhandsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah i saw it on tv last night- it was held in stoke where i live.Jeff hoon kept using the mantra-"Terrorist,terrorist,terrorist" i felt angry as hell-wanted to voice my opinion and tell him who the real terrorists are.The govts. who invade third world countries and rape and murder their people and resources!!!
Such as the U.K. and the U.S.We're always taking the yolk for these lot-i'm thoroughly fed up with it.Mantra after mantra-it was as if he was properly mind controlled! Always beware when politicians and others start using the repetition of words such as terrorist/ism.They're trying to justify their own underhanded movements.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
orwellsbud
Avalon Senior Member

I'm a Terrorist and so is my Hamster 'Dave Semtex'

According to the criminal cabal that is the government we're all potential terrorists...hmm!

Shouldn't they be locking each other up?

P&B
OB
orwellsbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
hobbit
Unsubscribed

I rarely subject myself to the BBC ( british brainwashing company)
but I did catch that last night.
I would suggest that we all forgive Mr Hoon, because he knows not what He does, he's a puppet, you could almost see the strings on his jaw.
IMHO, there are no terrorists, only the ones created by our own secret service and war mongering machine.
We need to destroy them with floods of positive love, do not allow yourself to become annoyed and violent, look on them with pity.
their days are numbered, rise above and demonstrate the positive, no matter what depths they descend to, do not follow them.
Hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
I rarely subject myself to the BBC ( british brainwashing company)
but I did catch that last night.
I would suggest that we all forgive Mr Hoon, because he knows not what He does, he's a puppet, you could almost see the strings on his jaw.
IMHO, there are no terrorists, only the ones created by our own secret service and war mongering machine.
We need to destroy them with floods of positive love, do not allow yourself to become annoyed and violent, look on them with pity.
their days are numbered, rise above and demonstrate the positive, no matter what depths they descend to, do not follow them.
Hobbit
In agreement mate,but yer know what i mean!!lol.When these mantras are so easily branded about and no-one approaches the user of them with the basics of morality then it does get up my nose a little.No-one on that panel even questioned his use of the term 'terrorism'!!
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
energymyfoot
Avalon Senior Member

hahahahha....I wonder why TERRORIST only attacks US and UK 100% of the time...

These two countries are the most blood sucking countries in the world...They will keep sucking till people realize the game of politics and conspiracy...
energymyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #9
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I don't think they have ever attacked us, I know they are fecked off with us for invading Iran and Afghanistan but not enough to do 9/11 and 7/7 imo we have our own governments to blame for those.

Oh new smilies

Look into my eyes, not around my eyes
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote