Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Red Letter Church

Hello! My name is Deep Thought.

Welcome to the Red Letter Church! Actually, welcome to RedLetterChruch.net. This website consists of 76 posts in the Spirit of ‘76, and in the Spirit of Jesus Christ. The truth will set you free! It's primarily about the Teachings of Jesus Christ. It’s secondarily about the Constitution of the United States.

http://redletterchurch.net/ contains some ideas which I tend to gravitate toward. It's quite different than anything else I have encountered. Take it or leave it. It may be one more piece of a very complex and confusing puzzle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-Letter_Christian

The goal is Responsible Freedom attained through a Minimalist Church and State! The historical foundation is the Red Letter Teachings of Jesus, dating back 2,000 years, and the Constitution of the United States, dating back over 200 years. In principle and concept, they are two sides of the same free coin. This is sound-money, if you will! Constitutional Responsible Freedom is the coin of the realm!

OK, I admit it, I’m a Red Letter Christian. Campolo made me do it! Just kidding! But Tony used the term Red Letter Christian before I did! A Red Letter Christian is a follower of Jesus, who strives to believe and do what Jesus told us to believe and do. We believe that in a red letter edition of the Holy Bible, that the words which are printed in red, are the first and last word in any Bible study. They are supremely important!

I have resisted the temptation to over-edit the words which I typed onto my website…day after day…for nearly three months. I wanted this manuscript to read like a disjointed brainstorm…because that’s what it really is! Actually…I’m just lazy! You will quickly notice that I place exclamation marks at the end of many sentences! I have tried to make each sentence worthy of the Exclamation Mark Award (EMA)! I have been criticized for writing this way! I have been told to use periods! I have been told that I cannot be taken seriously because of this style of writing! Well guess what? That’s the period…I mean…the point! I don’t want to be taken seriously!

It’s sort of like David Letterman wearing white socks with not quite long enough pants every night on national television! There is way too much seriousness in life in general, and Churchianity in particular! This manner of writing is designed to shower readers with mental ice-water! It’s supposed to wake them up! Let my sub-prime style of writing, incorporating excessive exhibitions of exclamation marks be my trademark! Forget the Mark of the Beast…it’s the Mark of the Exclamation that you’d better fear! (!!!) Is worse than (666)! Exclamation Critics beware! You are marked!

Unfortunately…some people can’t see the truth for the exclamation marks!!! Therefore, with great sadness and deep regret, I have been forced to removed some of the exclamation marks. The Devil made me do it! I have been told that this style makes it appear that I’m ranting and raving! Well I am! I’ve read books by John Shelby Spong, and as a result, I suffer from Spong-in-rare-form Encephalopathy, or for those of you from Rio Linda…Mad Christian Disease! I’m mad at Hell! I’ve had enough! And I’m not going to take this any more! And neither should you! PERIOD.

All-righty then…where was I? I guess I’m trying to imitate Martin Luther’s posting of his 95 Theses on the door of the castle church of Wittenburg, protesting the sale of indulgences (Salvation4Sale) and other evidences of corruption (Righteousness by Ritural)! But did Martin Luther use the Teachings of Jesus to make his case? Did he promote Everything4Nothing? Check it out. I am posting my 76 Theses in the Spirit of ‘76, on the internet, protesting the rejection of the Teachings of Christ by the church of Christ for 2,000 years. It is my Declaration of Independence from Churchianity!

You can have truth or rest…but not both! I promote Salvation by Responsibility, Righteousness by Righteousness, and Something4Something! Do I think that I’ve found the ultimate truth? Well…um...I…OK! I admit it! I don't have everything all figured out! Don't look at me! I didn't set this thing up! I don't have the answer! I'm not even sure what the question is! Could someone please repeat the question? Don't trust in what I write! I don't even trust myself! Think for yourself! Do your own research! And don't forget to pray! "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."--1 Corinthians 13:12 New International Version (NIV).

I think that I’ve located a neglected directional sign…not a destination resort of the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So help me, God, to find the truth! If you think you “have” the truth…you probably don’t! It’s only by relentlessly pursuing the truth that you get a glimpse of it now and then! And you have to make sure that it is not a chimera or a mirage! I must confess that I think I’m probably deluded! Come to think of it…I think we’re all deluded! We just have conflicting delusions!

Allow me to apologize in advance for offending or hurting anyone. I mean no harm. Really! I am using a unique, almost irreverent approach, which may come as a shock at times! Religion can be a source of unbelievable conflict! I am basically brainstorming…and pretending, at least, that I have a completely supportive and understanding audience! I really, really like my fantasy-land! They say that to undo, you have to over-do! I do believe I overdid it this time! I’m ready to fire myself! Actually, I’m really a smart asterisk!

We don't have church buildings and we don't ask for money. Jesus didn't either! Contribute to your favorite charitable organizations, including your local church. Follow the money!

But first, get plenty of exercise in nature, plenty of rest, and plenty of prayer! Without doing these things, everything else is mostly a waste of time and energy! If you never go outside and smell the roses, never go running, walking or hiking, don’t get enough sleep, and think that you don’t need to pray…well think again! This is not optional! It is essential! Please do not skip over this paragraph!

Meet me here tomorrow! Same Time. Same Cyber-Space. The truth is in here! Follow the truth! And make sure that you are not being followed…especially by Silas!

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 03-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote