Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #26
Scarab
Banned

Default Re: How does one deal with the 'boredom' of existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post

I've been extremely lucky with my looks & interlect
Interlect. That's funny.
Scarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #27
tpmputterman
Avalon Senior Member

I feel very bored myself!!! I think my lesson in this personality for me has been to awken to the truth of ones self and the world.

I still feel like you, confused in the process. I feel like I understand the purpose of the process, but don't really agree with it all the time.

Why should I have to deal with this level of existence because I want so much to learn and grow at others levels where money, hate ect.. don't exist.

I often ask myself to take me away because I am ready to go, very ready to move on "so to speak" I feel bored as you do!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder even though most of my thoughts are good and I have gotten away from fear, hate, judgement ect... for the most part, what does it even matter??? Because I still have to deal with money problems, mood swings ect... I used to think that the better my mind the better my life got.
Latlet my mind is better but my life around me suffers and I ask why??

Thats the part that I am most confused and bored with
tpmputterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #28
yellowcosmicseed
Avalon Senior Member

I feel that the type of society that we currently live in will soon dissipate. Many people are waking up. I also look at the great demoralization, desensitization, the mass disorder, and selfishness that is going on. This makes me think that change is absolutely needed and is inevitable to occur. And there is no need to wait, because change occurs NOW in the moment. One does not have to wait to feel fulfilled, fulfillment and true happiness has always resided within us ever since our conception, and it is just waiting for each and every one of us to discover the inner self and to bring upon the liberation of mankind on earth. One that is in one of the worst of situations can still remain at peace inside, and once that suffering one achieves recognition of the spirit, then they are much more likely to become 'liberated' from their sufferings. Though the process is not an easy one.

yellowcosmicseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #29
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Good question, I don't know the answer, other than to say...

Just deal with that boredom, know that you're not alone by any measure, and find something to fill the time.

You know I wish I were bored but never seemingly have the time. Every 5 minutes theres something to call up.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

Sounds like you’re in the beginning stages of awakening. Waking up from a long deep slumber often leaves you feeling groggy and confused. It passes…

Boredom dosen't exist for me anymore...not since I took control of my ship.

make it happen Captain

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #31
alchemikey
Avalon Senior Member

find your passion...follow your bliss
share your gift...boredom will shift

peace,
mikey
alchemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #32
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

I have to deal with serious boredom syndrome.

My passion was truth seeking. And, nowadays, there is nothing to be found out there, or in the internet. I know everything, and this planet is small for me, thatīs all folks, life is hard...

Nothing humans ofer here or there is of any interest as i know it already or its outcome is predictable by my great intelligence, so...

I need to see beyond this boring planet, with boring people, with boring 2012 syndrome.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #33
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcosmicseed View Post
Nothing should exist, but the truth is:

everything and nothing exists and does not exist at the same time.

After all these realizations I am still depressed. I even have very very convincing evidence of the existence of past lives but I am still depressed. (side note: the abuse that occurred to me occurred in a past life, my father is much better in this life. but me and my father still carry on the effects of abuse laid on both of us. oh the agony...)

i am VERY SORRY for my negativity and let down. i should have posted this on GODLIKEPRODUCTIONS, not AVALON.

Repeat after me: "I am a human being god-damn it, my opinions have value!"

Why: because they do.

You are welcome to post here. I hope that it helps.

Its not all about combating this and that.

One of the nicer things about being alive is "bliss".

Can you recall a moment of sheer wonder and bliss?

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #34
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post
I'm right there with you yellowcosmicseed, mate!

The bottom line is that we did not ask to be created or suffer like we do. Many great self-realized Masters have argued this very point with God. It's all just a divine show, doesn't cut it with me when I see so many people suffering. And how boring is it going round and round in bleeding circles.

I'll leave you with a quote from the Gospel of Thomas:

Jesus Said:

Let he who seeks
remain always seeking
until he finds,
and when he finds
he will be troubled,
having been troubled,
he will marvel,
he will reign over All.

Love,
Kriya

Just out of curiosity, how do you know we never asked to be created to suffer the way we do? Who are these great self-realized Masters that you speak of that have argued this point with God?

Winter Wolf
WinterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #35
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWolf View Post
Just out of curiosity, how do you know we never asked to be created to suffer the way we do? Who are these great self-realized Masters that you speak of that have argued this point with God?

Winter Wolf
Paramhansa Yogananda, Lahiri Mashaha, Babaji, Sri Yukteswar who are the Gurus of the Self-Realization fellowship.

Several stories in PY's writings mention this, e.g Autobiography of a Yogi., Man's Eternal Quest and Journey's to Self-Realization to name but a few.

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #36
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcosmicseed View Post
WARNING: LOW LEVEL VIBRATION LINGERS HERE. (PLEASE TOLERATE MY DISTURBANCE.)

I am facing a certain dilemma: I believe that the divine plan is boring and worthless.

(I do suffer from affects of child neglect/abuse and am suspected to be on the autistic spectrum and I want to know if this is a factor to why I have been having the ponderings/conclusions/feelings that I have recorded here.)

Okay lets begin:

Everything began with nothingness/nonexistence (empty space), and then this became aware of itself and it manifested the great I AM. This led to the manifestation of all things that could possibly exist. This was accomplished through the appearance of light and vibration. Everything is made of vibration, and vibration is formless. This is how something comes out of nothing, the nothing uses vibration (made of formlessness) and condenses it to make something. So form is only merely the movement that lingers in the infinitive expanse of space/nonexistence. The purpose of the creation of form is for the 'One' to disidentify itself from all labels and things to go back to the peace state of 'Nonexistence'. Evil, suffering, and trial is used to progress the One back to the Peace state.

This is when I get depressed. Our existence is meant only to experience and combat evil?

I know the state of love and increased consciousness is great, but to what purpose? I totally despise the state of evil/suffering, but now I am getting distressed with the state of loving consciousness.

When an entity grows and evolves in loving consciousness then does that entity get to experience the joy of the feeling of being present in all possible experiences? When I get to that point in my train of thought I get an ugly feeling, because I then come to believe that the only mission of an entity of love consciousness is to go on its mission to combat other evils and guide others entities in their evolution. FOr some reason that sounds boring to me.

I want to have fun and joy in experiencing the many creations. But for some reason I think about how that joy does not bring true fulfillment.

I feel that the growth in loving consciousness only leads to unfulfilling glutonny of paradise and of the boring mission of combatting evil and guiding others in evolution. But the thing is I also despise service to self, because service to self and evil leads to never feeling fulfilled and eventually destroying one's self. I feel that existence is too boring. Increasing awareness of other realities feels unfulfilling to me, because they all hold the same trial of overcoming evil, in which I think that the overcoming of evil is also a boring feat.

Do I got the right picture here? Bear with me.

How do you know what the divine plan truly is? Do you have a direct link to God's mind? We all see mere glimpses of a great symphony that is ever revealing itself to those who are more discerning.

Why exactly would anything want to go back into "nonexistence?" To exist in whatever given form is to explore, to feel, to learn, to grow, to seek, to touch, to taste, to be and more.

However, if what you've stated above is true about the divine wanting to go back to the state of nothingness..what would have been the point of making anything in the first place? Would it be to escape boredom? If so..why create worlds, galaxies, consciousness if it only wanted to go back to being bored again?

In my opinion, nothingness is boring. Existing is dynamic.

Winter Wolf
Old 12-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #37
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Paramhansa Yogananda, Lahiri Mashaha, Babaji, Sri Yukteswar who are the Gurus of the Self-Realization fellowship.

Several stories in PY's writings mention this, e.g Autobiography of a Yogi., Man's Eternal Quest and Journey's to Self-Realization to name but a few.

Love,

Kriya

Thank you. I may have to look this up.

Winter Wolf
Old 12-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #38
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dr David Hawkins had blissfull expeiences as a teenager yet became an athiest because the total suffering of mankind throughout all of history was revealed to him. He could not believe in a God who created suffering.

He hit rock bottom and in the depth of his personal hell cried out "If there is a God I ask him to save me" He says that the thought of passing Arkangel lifted him from that place into the enlightened state.

In that state he knew that God did not create suffering, God is LOVE, the ego created suffering.
Through having free will we got led away from our Creator.
95% of the history of the human race is one of conflict, through our ignorance we have created a nightmare. We are now comiing out of it bepole are becoming spiritually awakened.
Jesus on the cross said. "God forgive them for they know not what they do"
With that we are forgiven too.
We have been spiritually asleep, if we knew better we would have done better.
The ego is not an enemy, just self serving, so to be looked on with compassion

I think most seekers go through dark nights of the soul, seeking is not easy.

Anyway I hope this helps.

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #39
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
I have to deal with serious boredom syndrome.

My passion was truth seeking. And, nowadays, there is nothing to be found out there, or in the internet. I know everything, and this planet is small for me, thatīs all folks, life is hard...

Nothing humans ofer here or there is of any interest as i know it already or its outcome is predictable by my great intelligence, so...

I need to see beyond this boring planet, with boring people, with boring 2012 syndrome.

Either this is a big tongue in cheek post or you are actually serious about this.

If this is a serious post then what is the point of you being on here or anywhere? If you think you know everything already then you have stopped growing or learning in any meaningful way...

Do you think you could give me the winning Megamillion lottery numbers for the next couple of decades to come? I think I could feed a lot of people with that sort of wealth.

Winter Wolf
Old 12-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #40
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...dom+of+choice#

it is all a choice and there are no coincidences....your boredom and/or self proclaimed pessimissm along with your elated states of bliss and/or everyday demeanor is a choice on your behalf of the way you wish to experience the situation presented infront of you. despite what u have endured in the past, including past lives, the situation today and tomoro provides an opportunity to address the experience with a frame of mind and a way of being only you can determine right there and then.
you are bored simply bcos u choose to be...imo

love and blessings
peace always
mikey
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #41
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Just to clarify what I mean by suffering. Although God doesn't create suffering, He, himself doesn't suffer, He isn't affected by karma or suffering, like we are. We should view life like God does, as a huge cosmic drama.

However,IMO, I think a better way to view it is to say, that God does suffer through each of us as we suffer because He is part of us. I know anyone reading this will think its a complete contradiction, but the mysreries of life cannot be fathomed by rational thought, it goes beyond thought.

But for me, I take issue with the whole set up. If God doesn't have karma or suffering then nor should we.

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #42
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWolf View Post
Either this is a big tongue in cheek post or you are actually serious about this.

If this is a serious post then what is the point of you being on here or anywhere? If you think you know everything already then you have stopped growing or learning in any meaningful way...

Do you think you could give me the winning Megamillion lottery numbers for the next couple of decades to come? I think I could feed a lot of people with that sort of wealth.

Winter Wolf

Im actually serious with a bit of sense of humour included. My point in being here is keep looking, if there is anything new worth considering. Right now, and since itīs foundation, there isnīt anything useful yet (for me). This kinds of places gives an slight opportunity to see things we havenīt yet seen humans do. They are not based on official institutions.

I havent stopped learning, or growing, that never ends, but, what happens in my case is that what 99,9999% of what people offers, i already know, or itīs useless. We are living in a limited planet, with a limited number of people over it, thatīs why this can happen.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #43
UncleJohn
Avalon Senior Member

Actually it is very easy to deal with the 'boredom' of existence.

Just go to a forum like project avalon and start a troll thread with the title this one has.

Watch everyone trying to solve your problem for you.

I would also suggest getting an ant farm for entertainment.
UncleJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #44
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

this is not a troll thread, at least for me.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #45
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJohn View Post
Actually it is very easy to deal with the 'boredom' of existence.

Just go to a forum like project avalon and start a troll thread with the title this one has.

Watch everyone trying to solve your problem for you.

I would also suggest getting an ant farm for entertainment.

i personally can not understand how anyone can be bored......not when the mind and soul can go off travelling
always someting lovely to do.......being lovely to others is a start! bringing peace and light to those around you would stop the boredom
mogs x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat

Last edited by morguana; 12-24-2009 at 12:44 PM.
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #46
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Just to clarify what I mean by suffering. Although God doesn't create suffering, He, himself doesn't suffer, He isn't affected by karma or suffering, like we are. We should view life like God does, as a huge cosmic drama.

However,IMO, I think a better way to view it is to say, that God does suffer through each of us as we suffer because He is part of us. I know anyone reading this will think its a complete contradiction, but the mysreries of life cannot be fathomed by rational thought, it goes beyond thought.

But for me, I take issue with the whole set up. If God doesn't have karma or suffering then nor should we.

Love,

Kriya
Hi Kriya
On occasion I have felt like you that the human race has a raw deal.
However we dont have to suffer if we realise that there are consequences for our actions and that is part of karma.
One guru on being asked why a certain pair were in the condition they were in.
The blind one pusing the wheel chair of the crippled one.
The reply. They were torturers in a past life. One blinded prisoners the other broke legs, so this could be described as pergetory (Earth) a chance to learn from previous mistakes. Even though the self dosent remember past lives the higher Self know exactly what went on and will bring about situations for the self to make right and evolve.
self is coming to know that it is Self. Self realization
Thats the essence of it as I understand it.
Rgards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #47
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
Im actually serious with a bit of sense of humour included. My point in being here is keep looking, if there is anything new worth considering. Right now, and since itīs foundation, there isnīt anything useful yet (for me). This kinds of places gives an slight opportunity to see things we havenīt yet seen humans do. They are not based on official institutions.

I havent stopped learning, or growing, that never ends, but, what happens in my case is that what 99,9999% of what people offers, i already know, or itīs useless. We are living in a limited planet, with a limited number of people over it, thatīs why this can happen.
So you have merely scratched the surface and have not
found the depths.

Perhaps you should seek harder. By saying I know everything already so now I am bored seems a bit like a cop out to me.

Your original post did not imply you were still learning and growing. If you were, how could you be bored?

Curious Winter Wolf
Old 12-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #48
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

I know all that people offered to me, all that i needed to know from what they could offer, thatīs the "all i know". To get more is harder and harder to find because humanity is in one specific place, with one specific general state of consciousness. When you go too much beyond such general state, and when you are well aware of such, the dangers you face are boredom, too; not only loneliness, and isolation. Truthseeking is a very risky endeavour. You sanity is at stake, and mine has been several times, i have had to fight hard to keep my mind balanced with what i progressively had learnt.

In my case to continue with a normal growing i should go off this planet to see whatīs beyond this tiny space.

Not meant to be arrogant, or presume to be "better than", just different, but even here people are light years behind me. Because i did the same in the past that most of you are doing here right now, i asked myself the same questions, and reached my own conclusions; my path took me to another place. Who knows where it will took you, in your personal cases?, we had some questions in common in my past.

Everyday that passes by is harder to find real food for thought. There is a stupid 97% fearmongering mixed with phony promises everywhere. Thatīs very sad.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #49
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I agree Winterwolf....the surface has only been scratched. Maybe looking on the outside is not the answer.

I have found that looking inside, and finding answers, have actually brought a different vision to what is outside. And things look much different. Much more beautiful, in color, and for what it's worth, things have a different meaning.

Keep in mind that there has been a dumbing down that has been exposed, and once you can see past that, things look much different. And it's a whole new learning process.

The things you perceived to be true, are now different, and it's a whole new ballgame. Much more exciting..filled with much more life, and brilliance.

If you are still bored with this new existence..then you really have only scratched the surface.

Last edited by BROOK; 12-24-2009 at 08:43 PM.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #50
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

No, "the inside" is not the answer. To learn more you have to look at everything. And i mean everything, not just your inside, thatīs not good.

Even from boredom there are many things to be learnt. But to do so, you have to be bored, indeed. I talk from experience.

People decide themselves what is a surface and what is not. Many of you maybe donīt get that. Fractally speaking, you are ALWAYS scratching surfaces, no matter how far you think you have gone.