Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 11:55 PM   #26
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Disappearing threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
Hi, arcora, the thread that you are looking for is being reviewed by staff. I'll let you know more when I find out, OK?

Hey, gazbom, I remember that thread.. it was a good one. I'm trying to find out what happened to it. I'll get back to you!

Peace..Cookie
Thanks Cookie

Whatever is decided it needs to be done transparently. I know from experience that Moderating behind closed doors is a recipie for disaster. I know things are moving very quickly at the moment and that we should be patient.

The recent posting from Carol containing Bills thoughts on the structure of Avalon is an example (the post not necessarily its content!) of exactly the kind of transparency required. (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...9992#post29992)

Yesterday, I asked the question on the spirituality sub-forum in the thread "So Long" concerning Henry Deacon apparently leaving the forum "Are we being hacked" the answer I got was "No", followed by two moderator comments, one of which was that the service provider had applied a security script without telling anyone and this had caused some errors.

So if we are not being hacked, then threads are being removed from view officialy.

Quite apart from any of our self deluded ego reasons as to why we think our contributions are important - to be honest my main concern is that if feels quite out of character with the rest of what is going on on this forum - whch by the way is absolutely amazing.

A..
Old 09-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #27
SynchrOMicity
Avalon Senior Member

Location: S.KY Foothills of the smokey's on a big lake,110 miles from any major city in a vortex
Arrow Re: Disappearing threads?

MOD-ER-ATOR interesting concept, profanity yes,out and out rudeness yes,very fine line, whos da judge? I had one nuked of only two threads, that i felt to share. i had private contacts that shared the same experience ,with profound energy shared. But i understand alot has to be organized in a very short amount of time, this forum is still a baby as far as iam concerned. i will be around until iam not.

just a note on guns, in Indy gun sales went up 100% this week, according to their local news! Interesting.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:58 AM   #28
Cookie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynchrOMicity View Post
. But i understand alot has to be organized in a very short amount of time, this forum is still a baby as far as iam concerned.
SynchrOMicity... thank you for understanding! So much has happened here so quickly. I know that it appears that staff is hiding information, censoring information, but, the is NOT the case.. We are trying to organize this place and it is an enormous job.

Peace..Cookie
Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #29
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
The most recent one to disappear began as a discussion about guns and became a very interesting discussion about the morality of self defense.

Now it is gone. Poof. It doesn't exist.

Should I keep you posted as I notice others?

Yeah, I'm mad too. I was just starting make myself look smart on that thread.

And why would a discussion about the morality of self-defense need to be reviewed? That seems to be an extremely relevant topic considering the whole world is going to explode by Oct. 14th.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:24 AM   #30
kungfugrip
Avalon Senior Member

I have had several disappearing threads as well
Old 09-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #31
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

Maybe we should take our threads to the local news, and make flyers of them and post them everywhere...you know, hide them out in the open.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #32
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherab View Post
Yeah, I'm mad too. I was just starting make myself look smart on that thread.

And why would a discussion about the morality of self-defense need to be reviewed? That seems to be an extremely relevant topic considering the whole world is going to explode by Oct. 14th.
Aloha Sherab,

I think they planned to move that thead to the Camelot Forum. However, we already know you're smart.
Mahalo,

Carol
Old 09-29-2008, 06:31 AM   #33
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

So you've already dug the grave? What, no wake?

Last edited by Sherab; 09-29-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #34
sirian77

Quote:
I keep noticing threads disappearing.

Are they being deleted?
they must be on the other timeline!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #35
yettyn
Avalon Senior Member

Last week I posted in another thread, and later also sent a PM to Bill, about the possibility that this forum might be running an insecure version of vBulletin and that a patch release has been released (as early as 4 sep.). However, so far I have seen no reaction, no response from Bill to my PM or that the version label in forum footer has changed. Unfortunately, in lack of valid response I fear this forum has been taken over some how. Please prove me wrong!

There is the vBulletin announcement, as as you see the flaw allows accounts to be compromised and hence with enough privileges could do things like deleting threads or implementing a new set of 'policies' to 'review' aka censure posts.

Quote:
vBulletin 3.7.3 PL1 and 3.6.11 PL1 Released
vBulletin 3.7.3 PL1 / vBulletin 3.6.11 PL1

A report was published recently pointing to potential flaws within the random number generator in PHP applications who use a weak seed and then go on to disclose any of the random numbers generated. This flaw could allow random numbers within vBulletin to be predicted and under the correct circumstances allow an attacker to obtain access to a user's account. To resolve this issue, it is necessary to release patch level versions of vBulletin 3.7.3 and 3.6.11.

This original flaw was discovered by Stefan Esser and its application within vBulletin by Tom Harwood.

The upgrade process is the same as previous patch level releases - simply download the patch from the Members Area, extract the files and upload to your webserver, overwriting the existing files. There is no upgrade script required.

As with all security-based releases, we recommend that all customers upgrade as soon as possible in order to prevent any potential damage resulting from the flaw being exploited.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #36
Stephen

If the Staff here is going to delete or move threads to a locked area I would STRONGLY suggest then to PM the people that have been affected.

If someone has the time to Delete/Move threads then they have the time to PM people and let them know what is going on.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #37
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirian77 View Post
they must be on the other timeline!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #38
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If the Staff here is going to delete or move threads to a locked area I would STRONGLY suggest then to PM the people that have been affected.

If someone has the time to Delete/Move threads then they have the time to PM people and let them know what is going on.
It appears that your suggestions have fallen upon deaf ears...
Old 10-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #39
SplatPantZ

Mod Simons Avalon thread missing, over 1 hundred posts and this morning vannished!

Hi splat..

From my understanding, Simons thread has been taken off for a 'review' under request of Bill. As soon as I have more info then members will be informed ok.

peace

Kate

Last edited by Kate; 10-30-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #40
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

[QUOTE=SplatPantZ;65667]Mod Simons Avalon thread missing, over 1 hundred posts and this morning vannished!

Hi splat..

From my understanding, Simons thread has been taken off for a 'review' under request of Bill. As soon as I have more info then members will be informed ok.

peace

Kate
Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #41
SplatPantZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
From my understanding, Simons thread has been taken off for a 'review' under request of Bill.

Kate
Many thanks for your reply Kate.

I thought i was going mad!

Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #42
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettyn View Post
Last week I posted in another thread, and later also sent a PM to Bill, about the possibility that this forum might be running an insecure version of vBulletin and that a patch release has been released (as early as 4 sep.). However, so far I have seen no reaction, no response from Bill to my PM or that the version label in forum footer has changed. Unfortunately, in lack of valid response I fear this forum has been taken over some how. Please prove me wrong!

There is the vBulletin announcement, as as you see the flaw allows accounts to be compromised and hence with enough privileges could do things like deleting threads or implementing a new set of 'policies' to 'review' aka censure posts.

Hi Yettyn,

Just to reassure you....this forum has not been 'taken over' however, as many members ARE now aware, the site has/iss experiencing technical probs in addition to 'attacks' in various guises.... We are working to the best of our ability to work through issues as they appear, however, its not always possible even with the best intent!!

Bill is finally managing to 'catch up' on PMs and is now aware of the problems.

all the best.
Kate
Old 10-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #43
Deoxyan

Quote:
I know that Bill & Kerry have invited us here to discuss issues with like minded people. It is their 'home' and, as such, if I am to participate I need to follow their rules.

I bought into the line that the forum was recently changed to remain in line with the core focus of the founders. It didn't feel right to me, but I bought it.

Now there are basically two forums. One (Camelot) is where we can go and read about the things we are not allowed to discuss. The second (Avalon) is where we can discuss the things that are allowed.

Now evidently, as discussions arise, someone (The Decider) will determine whether or not a particular aspect of What Is Allowed may be spoken of.

No offense guys but this reeeeeeeeks of mind control.

This forum is beginning to remind me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E

and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qlJqR4GmKw

That being said - I am not accusing anyone here of trying to form a cult. However, restricting freedom of thought is mind control and sets a dangerous precedent that leads down a slippery slope.

So.

Are we adult free thinkers who have been invited here to discuss topics and issues that are of mutual concern? Or are we being indoctrinated into someone else's belief system?

Do the founders and mods here have faith that if a member starts a thread about furry spotted puppies that the rest of the members will not be interested and the thread will die? Or is the mindset of 'management' more controlling in nature?

I ask seriously and would like serious answers.
i always thought the same about this forum. The videos show exactly what is happening here.

Nevertheless i am just an observer.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #44
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Simon the moderator's good bye and good luck thread disappeared in front of my face as did my reply in my profile, in the part where you can see all the discussions you have been involved in.

I thought it was me being thick...........but methinks now that we are being "handled" a little no? people saying things like we are not ready etc....

If in this place we are not ready to review information, however mad it may seem then where I ask you. Facebook ? hehehe I think not unless of course it come with a picture of a cat wearing glasses or something equally hilarious ........

tongue firmly in cheek, but of course
Old 10-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #45
SplatPantZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Simon the moderator's good bye and good luck thread disappeared in front of my face
This is thread i refer to in my post, hopefully somehow we can get it back?

Old 10-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #46
StarSeed1947
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplatPantZ View Post
This is thread i refer to in my post, hopefully somehow we can get it back?
I knew this was going to happen, so I saved my last post to his thread late last night.
The problem we are experiencing is that too many people have become awakened. Those of us who are not afraid of death will continue to bring the truth out despite the constant attacks we have been subjected to.

Have faith. Everything will soon become clear to those who possess a loving heart and a sense of purpose.

Originally Posted by Simon
All is not what it seems at Avalon.

Do not believe everything you are told.

Sincere best wishes to ALL of humanity for the days ahead.

===============================

Simon, could this have anything to do with my thread that you re-opened today?

And who closed my thread again?
I am confused.
You replied to my post on the last page and now your post is gone.
I wish I would have saved it.

Please be safe. Hopefully Bill or Kerry will open my thread and upload my video after they view it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
My thread was closed until the video was ready and I totally understand.
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5979
Old 10-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #47
Swanny
I dont need a label !

My friend told me to have a look at the things are not what they seem thread but it's gone
Why is stuff being deleted like this????
Old 10-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #48
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Splatz,

Yes I think we all just posted at the same time. Maybe Simon was upset and posted something dramatic when it was an internal problem amongst the team. Or maybe not, however the censure has proven to give credence to his claims instead of calming anyone. Don't see why we can't discuss it though. we put our faith in the forum's open-mindedness so why is this faith not returned in kind. All relationships are a 2 way street, even this platform.

I hope we will find out that someone ate his piece of birthday cake from the fridge and not something awful

g
Old 10-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #49
SplatPantZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSeed1947 View Post
I knew this was going to happen, so I saved my last post to his thread late last night.

My thread was closed until the video was ready and I totally understand.
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5979
Hey Starseed did you get a pm from me?

How did you know this would happen?

Old 10-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #50
SplatPantZ

Hi Harper,
I was having a quick look through the long posts as i allways do to get an idea of whats going on then back track to the beginning.
It was so diverse and even another mod was apologising for something that they had done/said.
There was also posts of major expected events this weekend?

Closed Thread