Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #26
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vitamin D3

Yeah, vitamin D is next up on my supplement 'to do' list. Although I do get some from my liquid mulit-vitamin. I recommend naturalnews.com as a source for health related info. Vitamin D myths, facts and statistics for instance.

I found it interesting/worth noting that people with dark skin pigmentation may need 20 - 30 times as much exposure to sunlight as fair-skinned people to generate the same amount of vitamin D. Being an albino is actually helpful in generating vitamin D, who would have guessed?

For the highest quality vitamins I usually start by looking at the Integrated Health website. They also have a tendency to include useful cofactors. And the site is very educational too.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:13 AM   #27
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Just Once Naturals, it's a food based multivitamin by a company called Rainbow Light, the site is www.rainbowlight.com
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:32 AM   #28
Animos
Avalon Senior Member

vau vau people, people

Henry told you...and...you go and buy whatever he will tell you???!

Stop for a while. No offence Henry, but it is not so easy with things like vitamins. http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3103

Vitamins are also artificial drugs and nothing else. They can bee good for short terms but never on long term.
They are artificial and as such they do not exist in nature. In fact vitamins can kill you on long term because you become addicted to them. Vitamins also contain or are form of "secosteroids" which is not far from steroids...which is the drug they use to grow pigs, cows and other meat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholecalciferol

If you want to stay healthy dont become addicted to vitamins or any other artificial drug at all, including vitamins. Use only water as clean as posiible. The best medicine you should use for antiviral and as preventive for you health is colloidal Silver and/or gold.

Originally Posted by Henry Deacon
Your sun is now radiating wavelengths which may be harmful to you - depending upon your skin color, your latitude, exposure time, bio-sys functions, etc.

Certain undesirable wavelengths have increased in intensity over the past few decades. This will not continue to be the case, as solar activity in general, is a cyclic thing... (this is not to say that Sol has been acting "normal" lately)

The energy efficient office lighting which many are exposed to for many hours each "day" is a wonderful source of UV... wonderful for stimulating growth of skin cancer, that is.
(If i am wrong about this... please correct me)

The story about Sol is a bit bigger and need to be understood from different point of view. The Sun is the main reason that frequencies are rising on this planet and while the wavelenght of the light is rising our consciousness is rising. UV light is not harmfull. In fact it is good for your health. Aspecialy sun's UV light. I am practicing looking into the sun in the morning and in the evening. What this is doin to you is: It cleans your blood with pure light.

I will try to explain all this in separated thread some other day...

So instead of drugs use: Water, Colloidal Silver/Gold and Hydrogen Peroxide

Thats all you need for perfect Health and desinfection.
Animos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:41 AM   #29
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Vitamin D3 or supernanovitamin nutr nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Deacon View Post
This is a very important subject.

Thank you for reminding others about D3.

i do not sell anything.
i have no desire to receive anything from anyone.

There is Much more value which can be derived from D3 than protection from influenza. The real benefits of D3 (the sunshine vitamin) have been suppressed for too long.
Pain reduction for chronic pain.... Mood enhancement.... Cancer prevention... the list is very long.

Forget about nano-masks and other snake-oil scams.
These products will do Nothing positive for You...
They will only provide income for salesmen/con-artists.

i am not at all happy with those who are taking advantage of others. Knowledge and access to knowledge should Always be free of charge. i see too many well-educated, but greedy, people selling worthless products to those who are truely in-need of protection and/or assistance.

There is nothing wrong with asking for donations to support worthwhile causes... Worthwhile causes will be supported by those who have the means to do so and who feel that the causes are of value.

------------------

Those who have a valid knowledge base and yet knowingly produce (or sell) material on the internet which is misleading should be identified -- in order to protect those less educated in those subject areas.

if i could safely disclose those individuals to you, the reader, i would do so. i cannot afford to engage in any form of energy draining conflict. So i can only attempt to alert those who are attempting to be happy and healthy - to be well aware of these scam artists who instill fear and then prey on others.

Beware of slick (instilling fear/doom and then buy my products) tactics.

For Your Happiness and Your Health (Physical and Non-physical)

Henry

-------------------------------
I am sorry your flower looks so wilted Henry...is this due to a psychotronic attack/s...take good care.

Kick at the Darkness until it bleeds Daylight...Bruce Cockburn
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #30
VinnieCooper
Avalon Senior Member

So if there was a big cloud of dust in the sky. And no convieniant little factorys pumping out D3. Can you chew Sheeps wool? or doyou NEED Uv to convert the cholesterol?
VinnieCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #31
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

We can still get some d3 from being outside when it is overcast right?

Or must we be in direct sunlight?
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #32
Oiran
Avalon Senior Member

"Vitamin D3 is one of the most useful nutritional tools we have at our disposal for improving overall health...

A growing number of researchers who have widely studied Vitamin D3 are almost begging the general public to consume more of this important nutrient. Due to Vitamin D3’s high safety profile in doses up to 10,000 IU per day and because of the wide role it plays in our health, consuming 2,000 to 4,000 IU per day of this nutrient at times of the year when sunlight is scarce is a prudent way to improve overall health."

Taken from, "Vitamin D3: Higher Doses Reduce Risk of Common Health Concerns" http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art2130&zTYPE=2
Oiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #33
estepechito
Avalon Senior Member

I eat mine every day just not too much
estepechito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #34
bakseat
Avalon Senior Member

vit
amins are very essential,
iam a vegiterian &my matobolisem is very quick
so,iam athin man with avery actick life....not long ago i started taking vitamins
...iam now taking once aday B12 vitamin...the reaction it as on my body is amazing,i used to wake up wiv very strong pain in my stomack,b12 helps the liver it helps the circulation of the liver,making it stronger&pures the blood.
its also makes the body smell change,so if u are to use it afew month stright,u might start to smell like pacholi,or mayb its difrent to every individual.

also taking vitamin D complex,its really helps with keeping the spitits high....
&gives u good moods&relaxs....

take vitamins to maintance ur body,u&the body need those super powers for the super life

health&happyness
bakseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #35
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

I find it fascinating that no one has picked up on the fact that it is not a matter that we do not get “enough” of vitamin D3 it is that we can no longer utilize or process D3.

Even people who do get 10 to 20 minutes of sun a day are very low on D3.
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #36
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Waste of time buying some tablets then??
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #37
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Perhaps a more engaging question would be “why one can no longer process natural forms of D3”.

I would bet the farm that most individuals who are low on D3 and other vital minerals and vitamins do not grow their own food or get their food from a reputable organic or natural farm.

90 to 95 % of ALL food that is produced (especially here in the US) is grown from GMO seeds and plants. In order for the plant to be able to with stand the toxic amount of weed killers (herbicides) and pesticides they are dowsed with before and during the growing season they have been muted away from their natural state. Putting it very simply the amino acids and proteins (building blocks of all life) have be severely altered. When we eat this food our bodies do not recognize these “new” forms of amino acids and proteins and we do not and cannot digest them.

Most illnesses and certainly dis-eases that have exploded in the last 15 years (prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, breast and reproductive cancers, autism, neurological disorders, depression, allergies, asthma, obesity to name a few) can be traced back to GMO’s. Even the disappearance of the honey bees can be attributed to this travesty.

If you have this misfortune to eat this type of “food” your body is struggling just to maintain cellular function. Because you are not ingesting proper or natural forms of proteins and amino acids you do not have the “tools” to break down and utilize D3 or any other vitamins or minerals.

This is why I will be giving homesteading and gardening classes free or at cost here at my farm. We have to grow our own food or support a farmer or community that can.

Give a fish to a person and he will eat for a day . . . . teach a person to fish and he will never go hungry

www.seedsofdeception.com
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #38
dreb13
Avalon Senior Member

another benefit of Vitamin D:

Secret to summer loving: vitamin D

THE reason why many couples seem to conceive while they are on holiday may have been explained by scientists: sunlight might be good for a man’s sperm

Quote:
New research has indicated that vitamin D — which is produced by the human body when exposed to the sun — is critical to the production of sperm, and that a lack of the nutrient may be linked to male infertility.

The findings, from a team at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Centre in Lebanon, New Hampshire, suggest that boosting vitamin D production, either by increasing exposure to sunlight or by taking dietary supplements, might improve fertility among men.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle496275.ece
dreb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #39
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

I heard there are 3 types of Vitamin D that need to be balanced in the human body. Anyone know about this?
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #40
SIR GALAHAD
Avalon Senior Member

d3 link 5000iu http://www.seeknatural.co.uk/product-1798.html
SIR GALAHAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 AM   #41
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufire77 View Post
I find it fascinating that no one has picked up on the fact that it is not a matter that we do not get “enough” of vitamin D3 it is that we can no longer utilize or process D3.
Well now... if the radiation from the sun is at a different frequency, perhaps our skin does not know what to do with it?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #42
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting reading. Thinking about trying out a Vitamin D supplement and cutting out the other supplement I take (a regular multivitamin with chromium) and trying to eat more fruits and veggies.

Vit D would definitely help during a Vermont winter. I also tend to get sicker in the wintertime and it's a good idea to have something to help fight that.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #43
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vitamin D3 or supernanovitamin nutr nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreb13 View Post
I get the impression that our Sun has more secrets than we know and with that said, how can you put the Sun in pill form??

You said it brother!
The Sun is fantastic!

I also would like to let people know if you are in a cloudy region you still get the Vitamin D if you stand outside. The sun is also not the reason for skin cancer. Your acidic body state is the reason. Fix that and you can stay in the sun all you want.

Last edited by Ampgod; 11-08-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:34 AM   #44
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

I just received this info from a collegue.

Vitamin B3 Reduces Alzheimer's Symptoms, Lesions: Clinical Trial On Nicotinamide Effect In Alzheimer's Patients

ScienceDaily (Nov. 5, 2008) — An over-the-counter vitamin in high doses prevented memory loss in mice with Alzheimer's disease, and UC Irvine scientists now are conducting a clinical trial to determine its effect in humans.

Nicotinamide, a form of vitamin B3, lowered levels of a protein called phosphorylated tau that leads to the development of tangles, one of two brain lesions associated with Alzheimer's disease. The vitamin also strengthened scaffolding along which information travels in brain cells, helping to keep neurons alive and further preventing symptoms in mice genetically wired to develop Alzheimer's.

"Nicotinamide has a very robust effect on neurons," said Kim Green, UCI scientist and lead author of the study. "Nicotinamide prevents loss of cognition in mice with Alzheimer's disease, and the beauty of it is we already are moving forward with a clinical trial."

The study appears online Nov. 5 in the Journal of Neuroscience.

Nicotinamide is a water-soluble vitamin sold in health food stores. It generally is safe but can be toxic in very high doses. Clinical trials have shown it benefits people with diabetes complications and has anti-inflammatory properties that may help people with skin conditions.

Nicotinamide belongs to a class of compounds called HDAC inhibitors, which have been shown to protect the central nervous system in rodent models of Parkinson's and Huntington's diseases and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Clinical trials are underway to learn whether HDAC inhibitors help ALS and Huntington's patients.

In the nicotinamide study, Green and his colleague, Frank LaFerla, added the vitamin to drinking water fed to mice. They tested the rodents' short-term and long-term memory over time using water-maze and object-recognition tasks and found that treated Alzheimer's mice performed at the same level as normal mice, while untreated Alzheimer's mice experienced memory loss.

The nicotinamide, in fact, slightly enhanced cognitive abilities in normal mice. "This suggests that not only is it good for Alzheimer's disease, but if normal people take it, some aspects of their memory might improve," said LaFerla, UCI neurobiology and behavior professor.

Scientists also found that the nicotinamide-treated animals had dramatically lower levels of the tau protein that leads to the Alzheimer's tangle lesion. The vitamin did not affect levels of the protein beta amyloid, which clumps in the brain to form plaques, the second type of Alzheimer's lesion.

Nicotinamide, they found, led to an increase in proteins that strengthen microtubules, the scaffolding within brain cells along which information travels. When this scaffolding breaks down, the brain cells can die. Neuronal death leads to dementia experienced by Alzheimer's patients.

"Microtubules are like highways inside cells. What we're doing with nicotinamide is making a wider, more stable highway," Green said. "In Alzheimer's disease, this highway breaks down. We are preventing that from happening."

Adapted from materials provided by University of California - Irvine.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:35 AM   #45
fairangel
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks so much for this post. My mom died from Alzheimer's and now we have an epidemic of it out there, starting in the 50's age group. I have many patients who have this, and I feel so for them. I will check this out, and perhaps research it so the families know what they can do for their loved ones. They feel so helpless, just as I did.

Peace and Love
fairangel is offline   Reply With Quote