Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
Darren Swisher
Avalon Senior Member

Default Hypothyroid disorder

Recently i was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, My Family Doctor put me on Levothyroxin 125mcg once a day. I did some reading about this and the pineal gland and it reactions to iodine's. I have noticed that since i have been taking this Levothyroxin my dream state seems altered to the point I seem paranoid, or worried or waiting for something to happen. Weird i know. What can I do to clean, detox, renew or regenerate my thyroid to work in the correct manner?

Thanks
Darren Swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
angelite
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Hypothyroid disorder

This happened to me to as far as the problem and the same prescription. I went to my sisters for a month and went through a detox at her healing center because I had worked in a supperfund site which was so toxic.
I went off the drug and did the detox and my IQ went up 15 points.
I feel fine now and have normal thyroid blood work now.
angelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
Baggywrinkle

Sorry Darren,

Can't help you with the thyroid function itself. Perhaps
some of the others can bring something useful.

T3 & T4 levels are another kettle of fish.

Hypothyroid is associated with

Fatigue
Weakness
Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
Coarse, dry hair
Dry, rough pale skin
Hair loss
Cold intolerance (can't tolerate the cold like those around you)
Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches
Constipation
Depression
Irritability
Memory loss
Abnormal menstrual cycles
Decreased libido

Hyperthyroidism is associated with
Palpitations
Heat intolerance
Nervousness
Insomnia
Breathlessness
Increased bowel movements
Light or absent menstrual periods
Fatigue
Fast heart rate
Trembling hands
Weight loss
Muscle weakness
Warm moist skin
Hair loss
Staring gaze
mood swings

It could mean that your synthroid dose needs tweaking.
Too much or too little can cause problems. Somewhere
there is a sweet spot that will be right for you.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
Daria
Avalon Senior Member

Don't know if this is appropriate, as it happpens just got an enews letter form something called Rawkathon that I signed up for. I put a link here, see if you are interested.

Below the radio link you can put your own email. I won't put anyone's email to anywhere without permission.

Hope this helps

http://www.rawkathon.com/special-guest-2.html
Daria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Darren,

When Levothyroxin is given in too high doses you get the symptoms you describe and even worse.
It is good to stop for a few days and start again eventually with a lower dose untill you are used to it.
Have you consulted your docter about these problems?

Furthermore you can try (ear-)acupuncture as an alternative.
Results at least as good or better and no side-effects.

By using (ear-)acupuncture you stimulate the thyroid-gland directly while with oral medicine you have to absorb it through the small intestine which is an unnatural way and that causes the symptoms.(It's a hormonepreparate you know)
Second: Stimulating the thyroid gland by acupunture will restore the natural bodyfunctions while chemical medicines tend to take over the natural functions of the body and will even reduce the function of the gland because it is not needed anymore and by doing so aggravate the problem.

Last edited by Peer; 10-11-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
captainlockheed
Avalon Senior Member

not sure about the above post

my son was diagnosed with hypo thyroidism at two weeks old and is currnetly on 150 micro grammes, does display irritability but none of the other symptoms and talks a lot in his sleep !

in fact i would suggest you stick to what your doctor tells you as this is a well researched area.
captainlockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
SIR GALAHAD
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Darren thanks for coming back to me. I have an underactive thyroid which i know for certain, I have had a goitre in the past had many blood tests which only ever show normal to border line, so I have in the past taken iodine supplements, this was fine for a while as sometimes i took too much which sent it the other way, which made me paranoid and racey for eg paranoia would be about my girlfriend deceiving me it has been very hard to get my thyroid working correctly, i was told by my guides to find the answers on the internet & i was going to post a similar thread to yourself, but you beat me to it, your urge was correct. I have researched this & meditated on this problem & have found that the thyroid does have an effect on the hypothalamus which regulates perception, reasoning & mood from a spiritual point of view & in relation to your dreams, when my thyroid is out of balance which is most of the time I can see lower spirit forms hence why your dreams may change. For me when my reasoning goes out the window it is very distressing. Now heres another twist to this tale & some sychronicity/coincidence for you, I am a healer & I noticed that a person called angellite answered your question about your thyroid just to let you know she mentioned healing & my girlfriend name on ebay is angellite so maybe we are being helped, I hope this helps you, plz keep in contact as I feel through experience I could help you with your imbalances & maybe we can find some conclusions to this problem. many thanks .
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
Darren Swisher
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIR GALAHAD View Post
Hi Darren thanks for coming back to me. I have an underactive thyroid which i know for certain, I have had a goitre in the past had many blood tests which only ever show normal to border line, so I have in the past taken iodine supplements, this was fine for a while as sometimes i took too much which sent it the other way, which made me paranoid and racey for eg paranoia would be about my girlfriend deceiving me it has been very hard to get my thyroid working correctly, i was told by my guides to find the answers on the internet & i was going to post a similar thread to yourself, but you beat me to it, your urge was correct. I have researched this & meditated on this problem & have found that the thyroid does have an effect on the hypothalamus which regulates perception, reasoning & mood from a spiritual point of view & in relation to your dreams, when my thyroid is out of balance which is most of the time I can see lower spirit forms hence why your dreams may change. For me when my reasoning goes out the window it is very distressing. Now heres another twist to this tale & some sychronicity/coincidence for you, I am a healer & I noticed that a person called angellite answered your question about your thyroid just to let you know she mentioned healing & my girlfriend name on ebay is angellite so maybe we are being helped, I hope this helps you, plz keep in contact as I feel through experience I could help you with your imbalances & maybe we can find some conclusions to this problem. many thanks .

Thanks Again
Darren Swisher is offline   Reply With Quote