Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
Dakini
Avalon Senior Member

Default Natural Treatment for Herpes (like Shingles) of the Eye

Yes, herpes can develop on the cornea of the eye, most often from a scratch or trauma to the eye that leaves it vulnerable to the virus - that lays dormant in our nervous system for a large percentage of the population. It is related to the shingles virus.

This is a crazy-crazy-painful situation and leaves you unable to tolerate any brightness, drive, read, etc. or even open the eye fully. See an opthalmologist immediately. If untreated, you will be in danger of losing your eye. You may need to see your doctor every other day for him/her to monitor you until you are out of the woods.

Vision will be lessened (blurry) after this thing heals for many people, the cornea is scratched, and scar tissue forms. It may take a year for the tissue to be healed. It may be possible to eliminate some of the scar tissue with Lumbrokinase, a powerful enzyme from earthworms, and to a lesser extent, Nattokinase enzyme from soybeans.

Not to be messed with, you will be using a prescription anti-viral eye drop and for some people, taking an oral anti-viral may be indicated. Stay compliant with the medications, as this virus is very aggressive.

Here are some natural solutions you can incorporate that were approved and encouraged by my opthalmologist:

Anti-virals - Wild Oregano Oil, Monolaurin capsules, Coconut oil by mouth, Camu Camu - in large doses
Anti-inflammatory - Turmeric capsules
Eye support - L-Lysine (some say it works, others not so much)
Anti-inflammatory/Anti-scar tissue - Bromelain, proteolytic enzymes like "Zygest"
Immune suport - Colostrum with Lactoferrin, Host Defense - multiple mushroom formula by NewMark

Others:
*Licorice extract - (liquid) supposed to break the DNA chain of herpes so it can't multiply
*King Chlorella (absorbs the toxins that are released by dying virus)
*MSM

Note: It is said that Wild Oregano oil will kill off some friendly gut bacteria, causing an imbalance - so you will need to take a Probiotic in a very large dose - eating yogurt doesn't cut it. You may need up to 125 billion cultures to re-establish the bacteria for a week after you have finished the oregano. Pharmax makes the best products, in my mind.

Preservative-Free artificial tears can be used after you are off the medication, to keep it lubricated. You will be sensitive to light for up to three months afterwards, per normal injury. You may need to use a nightime sterile eye ointment for a couple of weeks after it's healed, normally made from mineral oil, to keep the eye moist.

I did not try Eyebright or any herbal eye washes, bc the prescription drops are supposed to stay in the eye and not be washed out. Also, it is imperative that anything you use in your eye be sterile.

Any herbs you need that you can't find, email me. I can also get you a 20% discount.

THANK YOU TO MY HEALING TEAM from Avalon, who provided me with energy and spiritual healing. Much appreciated!!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Natural Treatment for Herpes (like Shingles) of the Eye

So great to see you back and posting Dakini.

Love to you

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote