Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #26
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Yellowstone swarm passes 901 quakes in five days as scientists watch closely

I watched the Horizon program on BBC quite some time ago and it was fascinating.
The essence of it as I recall is that Super Volcanoes etc have caused bottle necks in mankind ie near extinction on several occasions. They worked that out from the rate of gene mutation in the female DNA.
Anyway why worry? Our form will have served its purpose at some point of time and exit this world we will. If its a natural disaster we will have a lot of company.

I sometimes wonder if we have it back to front ie The so called chosen ones are leaving now and going to a new world-- smiling.
The survivors of any event might just still be in a 3d world

All is in Divine order. We will be exactly where we are meant to be.

The chips are down. ----Wee Sottish smile.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #27
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Yellowstone swarm passes 901 quakes in five days as scientists watch closely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Volcanic ash and fried Americans
They should have stayed at home and left Turtle Island alone then

I think we'll be in for three days of darkness after that one pops.
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 PM   #28
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Fear: I thought about that very thing as well. Linda
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:43 PM   #29
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
Fear: I thought about that very thing as well. Linda
No fear here dear
fyi fear = man in Gaelic, dia = of God

But the famine was good practice for the coming tribulation.
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #30
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Oh, goody, thanks for defining your name...I don't know much Gaelic, as my great grandmother wouldn't speak it very much. She was trying not to be an obvious immigrant! So, you are a Man of God! I love that! Take care of yourself! Linda
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #31
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
So, Swan, You're into fried American? I could serve up a couple to ya right away! Do you want fries (chips) with that order?
Just tomato sauce please
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #32
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Just tomato sauce please
No Swanny...you'll get them in ash....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #33
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
No Swanny...you'll get them in ash....
he might get vaporized and insta-fried by the pyroclastic flow first!
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #34
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Update...

Press Release...

YELLOWSTONE SUPER VOLCANO - University of Utah Seismograph Stations

This release is a continuation of information updates building upon our three previous press releases on the ongoing earthquake swarm on the west side of Yellowstone National Park.

The University of Utah Seismograph Stations reports that a pair of earthquakes of magnitude 3.0 and 3.1 occurred in the evening of January 24, 2010 in Yellowstone National Park. The first event of magnitude 3.0 occurred at 11:09 PM and was followed by a magnitude 3.1 event at 11:21 PM. Both shocks were located around 9 miles to the southeast of West Yellowstone, MT and about 10 miles to the northwest of Old Faithful, WY. Typically, events of this magnitude are felt in and around the Park, but there were no reports of these particular events being felt.

These two earthquakes are part of an ongoing swarm in Yellowstone National Park that began January 17, 2010 (1:00 PM MST). The largest earthquake in the swarm as of 9 AM MST, January 25, 2010, has been a magnitude 3.8. There have been 1,271 located earthquakes in the swarm of magnitude 0.5 to 3.8. This includes 11 events of magnitude larger than 3, with 97 events of magnitude 2 to 3, and 1,163 events of magnitude less than 2. There have been multiple personal reports of ground shaking from observers inside the Park and in surrounding areas for some of the larger events (for felt reports, please visit http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/dyfi/). Earthquake swarms are relatively common in Yellowstone.

http://www.seis.utah.edu/EQCENTER/PR...s.htm#20100125

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #35
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

at the Brussels conference last year Stan Deyon mentioned that he felt the New Zealand cauldera has a better chance of blowing than Yellowstone....

Although Dr. Pete Peterson said that geologists around Yellowstone were getting concerned because the ground had risen 5ft in one area of the park. Although, unless they were keeping the data top secret I couldn't find any corroborating evidence of that anywhere on the internet, it had risen a few inches but not 5ft.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #36
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Yes I heard that as well...although they say the activity increasing at Tungurahua in Ecuador ...

quote...
It hasn't really made it to much of the English-speaking news, but the current eruptive activity at Tungurahua appears to be on the up-tick. Hugo Yepes of the Geophysical Institute of Ecuador suggests that a larger eruption is not out of the question (link in spanish), but right now the activity is confined to explosions (vulcanian?) and ash fall around the region, specifically on Pillates and Choglontus overnight (2/1) from the ~ 2 km / 5 000 foot plume. Looking at the specifics (link in spanish), the Geophysical Institute is reporting 32 explosions, 30 long-period seismic events and 20 episodes of volcanic tremor in the last 24 hours. Government officials have issued a number of warnings for people living near the volcano and began preparation for evacuations. You can listen to Hugo Yepes report here (in spanish).

One of the few articles in English media regarding Tungurahua was a report about the difficultly of getting people to evacuate in these situations. We've heard this before, where people don't want to leave their home/farm because thieves will steal their meager possessions and livestock. Now, that might seem crazy to you and me, to be (as one of the commenters on the article says) more worried about possessions than life, but many of the residents of this area in Ecuador live a very scant existence, so losing their livelihood (such as their animals) is tantamount to, well, death.

This is a great web site...all you need to know about Volcanic Eruptions and more...
http://scienceblogs.com/eruptions/20...at_tungura.php

And further info about Yellowstone here...
http://scienceblogs.com/eruptions/20...hquake_swa.php

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #37
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Any news on Yellowstone?? Has it gone quiet??
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #38
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

It appears that they are dying down at the moment.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14373614?source=rss

El
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #39
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

The "alleged" 7 Billion dollar underground city built below Denver airport is 30-40 miles from Yellowstone, I wonder if it would be able to withstand this type of an eruption...

Could this be one of the reasons it was created to protect the public?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #40
observer
Avalon Senior Member

I have a sister and two nephews living in Wyoming, so I've been watching the Yellowstone quake swarms for several years now.

Most of those making comments on this forum are already aware of the Tesla, Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) experiments relating to creating earthquakes. This is technology the "unseen government" has had for nearly one hundred years, now.

Further, it is well known that a series of low magnitude quakes will ward-off a larger quake by relieving pressure along any given faultline.

As I've been observing the quake swarms at Yellowstone, I've also been aware of a large ranch owned by our former Vice President very near the Park in Wyoming.

I just wonder if all these earthquake swarms have anything to do with protecting the assets of ol'Dickie-boy? The technical possibility is not beyond the reach of a man of his obvious power....
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #41
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

well there have been over 1300 since mid January up from 900 the year before for the same amount of time, it has been 640,000 years since the last eruption but experts are saying these are standard shifts to the faultlines and not from Magma so nothing to worry about...

According to one expert, if it blows it won't matter where you are, this would be a world wide event that would kill off the planet...

don't you love experts with so much positive to share... lol
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #42
FullyAwake
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
The "alleged" 7 Billion dollar underground city built below Denver airport is 30-40 miles from Yellowstone, I wonder if it would be able to withstand this type of an eruption...

Could this be one of the reasons it was created to protect the public?
Just a correction - I live in Cheyenne Wyoming 9 miles from the Colorado state line. DIA is 100 miles from here and Yellowstone is in the opposite corner of Wyoming (northwest). I'm guessing that makes DIA more like 500 miles from Yellowstone.
FullyAwake is offline   Reply With Quote