Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Rothschild and Freshfields founders had links to slavery, papers reveal

I don't suppose this will really surprise anyone here.

I don't know if this link will persist, but the story should be searchable on the FT site for those interested http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7c0f5014-6...44feabdc0.html

Quote:
Rothschild and Freshfields founders had links to slavery, papers reveal

By Carola Hoyos

Published: June 26 2009 23:32 | Last updated: June 26 2009 23:32

Two of the biggest names in the City of London had previously undisclosed links to slavery in the British colonies, documents seen by the Financial Times have revealed.
Quote:
In the case of Mr Rothschild, the documents reveal for the first time that he made personal gains by using slaves as collateral in banking dealings with a slave owner.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Rothschild and Freshfields founders had links to slavery, papers reveal

I`m not surprised at all Anchor there are roughly 6.5 billion slaves here on earth right now. Some are ready or becoming ready to leave the slavery lifestyle . If you are paying any taxes you are a slave you just haven`t figured it out yet
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Rothschild and Freshfields founders had links to slavery, papers reveal

Slavery is their rule of thumb ....it does not surprise me at all
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Anchor,

I can't say that I'm in the least suprised.

Slavery here in Brazil was abolished in 1888. That means that your granny, depending on your age had at least one.

Over here the slave cultre still exists even though slavery has been abolished. Almost every lower middle class family has a housemaid that is paid a minimum wage (some are even paid less if they live in).

In the US slavery was abolished even later and in the Southern states the mentality is still social segregation for some (even if it is illegal). Even the proper White House was built using slave labour.

Even Australia was built using slaves also not that many years ago.

I think a smear campaign agianst wealthy banking families about something that we are all guilty of is not very useful. We should remember slavery as we would WWII. We remember it so it doesn't happen again.

We must look forward for the solutions, not the past.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I don't suppose this will really surprise anyone here.

I don't know if this link will persist, but the story should be searchable on the FT site for those interested http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7c0f5014-6...44feabdc0.html
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

@Steve_A: Point taken. My aim is not to smear, simply to contribute to the ongoing identitification of the main troublemakers. Verifiable facts are useful for this.

Slavey is completely intolerable, however, somehow, we managed to get it to be tolerable for a long time. How? This is something we all answer to. We were duped but it does not excuse us.

Those of use who may have been slave owners may also have been slaves in the ongoing unfolding of the incaranations we experience through time. Doesnt make it right, but karmically all will balance.

All is one.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:52 AM   #6
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Angry Re: Rothschild and Freshfields founders had links to slavery, papers reveal

follow the money
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote