Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
sylph16
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Future of Lighting

I found this interesting. Of course it will cost you and GE has their mitts in it but futuristic technology none the same...wonder where they got the idea? LOL

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/10/10/s....ap/index.html
sylph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: The Future of Lighting

I've often thought that strategically placed skylights and mirrors would work during the day and solar lamps would work for evening.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I've often thought that strategically placed skylights and mirrors would work during the day and solar lamps would work for evening.
Yup. And LEDs just keep getting better, as do batteries and solar panels. With new photovoltaic technologies, we're starting to see some bargains in older-type solar panels, too. Harbor Freight even has some small ones under $30.

Another exciting idea was pioneered in Japan, where they've grown vegetables underground using sunlight piped in through fiberoptic bundles. I didn't think too much about this one until I saw a huge spool of fiberoptic cable for sale cheap at a salvage yard....

I believe in my heart there is a way to coax a glow from a crystal, but I don't know what it is.

whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Really interesting developments. . Looks like if we can keep it all together for a few more years, that the new technologies can change the world. The most important one, in my view, is the ZPE, fueless technologies.
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

that is very cool...

but check this out.... a light... the size of a pill......... brighter than a 1000 watt streetlight!!! http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/04/07/...ma-light-bulb/
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote