Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
vril
Avalon Senior Member

Default Just saw Avatar

One of the best films I have seen in ages.
Highly recommend seeing it in 3D if you can afford it.
The special effects are mind blowing, never seen anything quite like it.
Didn't mind the story either.

Cant seem to reply to threads atm?
So im going to reply here just once.

The story is fairly predictable. It was better than I expected though.
I have to admit I'm more interested in the FX when I see a film like this.
If you enjoy great special effects it worth checking out on the big screen.
It's better than 2012, though that's not saying much I guess
vril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Soulcrafter
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Just saw Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vril View Post

One of the best films I have seen in ages.
Highly recommend seeing it in 3D if you can afford it.
The special effects are mind blowing, never seen anything quite like it.
Didn't mind the story either.
Same as the 2012 flick ? Nice Fx but BLX story? Not worth watching it seems.
Soulcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Pennelp
Avalon Senior Member

Hi new member here.

Yes I saw AVATAR in 3D...it was an absolutele sublime masterpiece. yes the special effects are they best I have ever seen.Nothing compares .I especially luved the msg the film conveyed.(alot could apply to the atrocities taking place here on Earth)..recommend everyone see it....my new fav #1

2012 sucked A**..
Pennelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Bilko
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks guys,
i was in 2 minds whether to shell out and go and see it so i think i'll give it a go now.
Bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

hey folks,

im native and i dont go to see too many movies....

but i am considering taking my daughter to see this movie because of the dynamic between oppressors and indigenous culture.

i would ****** off to no end if i took her and it turned out to be another dances with wolves type ******** where the oppressors win out and "oh the poor natives have to go off hiding" or whatever.

please tell that the blue people win.

i dont mind spoilers so if you could PM me thatd be swell.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

This is out today or tomorrow here i have been waiting to see this one for ages. Sounds very good the story line is very feasible i feel, didn't see the 2012 film i guess i didn't want to get sucked in to the whole scenario not saying it won't happen but and that's a big BUT!
Just want to ask do you have to see this in 3D do all cinemas cater for 3D if not i have a feeling my one will not be viewing it this way.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Did you notice the subliminal messaging???
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post
This is out today or tomorrow here i have been waiting to see this one for ages. Sounds very good the story line is very feasible i feel, didn't see the 2012 film i guess i didn't want to get sucked in to the whole scenario not saying it won't happen but and that's a big BUT!
Just want to ask do you have to see this in 3D do all cinemas cater for 3D if not i have a feeling my one will not be viewing it this way.
Most cinemas' have 3D screenings. Have you got a VUE or Odeon nearby? They'll have it. I think it's best to see it on a huge screen, maybe the IMAX, but they give me motion sickness.

And no it's showing in 2D too.

Will see it at the weekend in 3D.
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

avatar opens here this weekend ... i am eager to go see it ... from all i read and what others have written here the special effects are worth going ...

thanks for the 3d heads up ... that's the route i'll take ...

oh ... and welcome pennelp ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
Soulcrafter
Avalon Senior Member

Looks very plastic fantastic.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
vril
Avalon Senior Member

The basic message I got was that humans are pretty greedy , selfish and mean. Although some of us can be pleasant to our neighbours when given a chance to get to know them.
I was expecting a very overt green message from the film, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in that respect.
The message is certainly there, it also has a very Manga flavour to it in regards to the aboriginals connection to their earth through their spirit. This is explained in a convoluted way that I didn't really understand, I have a feeling the James Cameron didn't either.
All said and done the film was entertaining.
The story was not boring and I found the long play time of around 2 hours 40 minutes went by very quickly.
The FX are certainly taken to the next level in this film, the monition capture technology they used has really made a huge leap that adds a great deal of realism to the digital characters, their integration with real world footage is totally seamless, I was completely taken in by the digital characters, they convey an emotion and realism I have never before seen achieved with motion capture data and digital assets. The facial gestures are so closely matched to the actors portrayals it's as if your watching real flesh and blood beings. I certainly connected emotionally with the characters in this film and I did so straight away, that is a huge achievement in regards to this type of film making. Its only ever been done once before and that was with Gollum from LOTR. No surprise its Peter Jacksons WETA digital that achieved this breakthrough for Avatar.
I think the Alien world is incredibly done also, from the florescence that seems to purvey almost everything on the planet, the forest, plants and animals are all amazingly realised.
They truly capture a unique take on what an alien world could be like.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #12
vril
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
hey folks,

but i am considering taking my daughter to see this movie because of the dynamic between oppressors and indigenous culture.

i would ****** off to no end if i took her and it turned out to be another dances with wolves type ******** where the oppressors win out and "oh the poor natives have to go off hiding" or whatever.

Spoiler alert here folks

Hey Thunderbird I can't figure out how to pm you so I shall just give you a hint.
If your daughter is old enough to deal with a bit of violence, it's not gory or anything but death is not glossed over.
I would take her to see it.
The portrayal of an aboriginal culture in harmony with their planet is treated with what I believe to be a fair amount of respect.
They are not push over's by any means though, so don't expect to be disappointed in that regard. They are warriors indeed!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #13
whiterose
Avalon Senior Member

We saw Avatar tonight in 2D, and it was visually stunning, so I would think 3D would be even more so.

I found it very moving, and in some ways it made me ashamed to be human. If that's how humans are seen in the rest of the galaxy, I wouldn't be surprised if the aliens shot down anything that left Earth's atmosphere!
whiterose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #14
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

I just got back from seeing it, and I can honestly say it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. The special effects are absolutely stunning.

It filled me with both love, and sadness. Love for the native peoples who live in perfect harmony with their world. And sadness because I envision a greed filled corporation doing the same things to a native species.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Just thought I would bump this along as my thoughts were exactly the same as described in this article...

The film was awesome by the way.

"I can't help but suspect that Anastasia or her consciousness had a hand in the making of Avatar the movie. which is the most expensive film ever made at $230 million dollars.

In a world called Pandora, populated by gigantic blue people who live in close harmony with their environment the humans show up & attempt to desecrate the environment, kill the indigenous peoples, & steal the minerals while all along calling the people they are killing & displacing savages. Where have we heard this story before? How many times has this same story played out here on Earth with various gov't military involved?

I noticed a week before Avatar opened there was a message that came over the AP news wire suggesting that although the special effects were great that the story line was poor. This message appeared day after day until opening. It's obvious to me that it was the dark forces that were attempting to steer people away from one of the greatest movies ever made. The story line is obviously a parallel to how the worlds military has been used by the dark forces & not something they want people to understand, thus they are scared people will learn about this through this movie.

Also, it's apparent that these blue forest people are highly intelligent, spiritually connected, & their environment is gorgeous, which is a whole other aspect to this movie that the dark forces wouldn't want people to understand. It might cause people to attempt to go back to nature to find happiness. These are radical ideas that could lead to the technocratic world losing some of their slaves.
lol :-)

"Anastasia" is the first book in the Ringing Cedar Series. It's based on a real life forest dweller in Siberia that has all kinds of special human abilities by our standards of understanding of what a human is capable of."

M Hazelwood.

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #16
Spregovori

Have not seen it yet (waiting for it to become khm accessible)

but I saw the trailer and have only one thing to say:

another movie from the twisted human minds...and yet it is more real than most people think...look in the mirror human animal....see yourself
Old 12-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #17
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

OMG .. that movie was totally mind blowing.. I am still in shock hours after having seen it from the floods of energies released through that visually perfected piece of art.

This is not even a movie , it has the history , present and future of humanity all packed into a 2 and half hours.

What Matrix did to change consciousness 10 years ago .. Avatar is doing it right now... on a bigger and deeper scale. Only years later, just as with the Matrix.. people will start to compare the details and draw all the parallels with our situation.

This movie should be mandatory viewing .. no exceptions allowed... so so relevant to the current state of humanity.

That you should see it in 3D goes without saying.. save money , drive for 200 km if you have to .. doesn't matter.. its a huge energy upgrade to your consciousness.

Only 2 movies have touched me so deeply before this one... just amazing stuff like this is getting mainstream.. the results will be earthshattering after so many people's subconsious levels are exposed to this (again same as with the Matrix)

I *knew* I just had to see it as soon as possible when I saw the trailer and saw few details that were a dead giveaway this movie was working on a very high level. That it was dubbed in Czech language made me annoyed and I was not going to see it.. but then .. I felt I should bite the bullet language concerned and still go ... and it was well well worth it. I might just as well see it for a second time.
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #18
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

I just watched it this morning at a local IMAX. Overall, I thought it sent a very positive message to an audience that needs to receive it. The story was quite predicable, but there were hints of esoteric knowledge embedded in the film. One line in particular that stood out was a comment by the antagonist leader that mentioned ingraining a horrible event in the racial memory of his adversaries such that they would be forever afraid of a place that was sacred to them. I'm sure the general audience isn't too familiar with 'racial memories,' so I was happy to see such tidbits thrown into the storyline.

I cannot say that I was completely blown away by the movie, but with all that I (and probably all of us) have studied over the past few years, it will take a lot to open my mind to something that causes complete awe.

G
Gevaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #19
HENNA
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
hey folks,

This is an awesome movie!! I found this "Cowboy and Indians" story line cliche, BUT OMG, this is a wonderful example of how some of us humans can be so materialistic, cold hearted and naive about the energies of the universe, yet others of us also so willing to change and see the bigger picture.

My theater didn't offer it in 3D, but it still had AMAZING effects. You have to watch this on the big screen, do not wait.
Yes, not all the story line is perfect or all the acting lines....but so what!

This is more than just a movie, this opens so many feelings inside.

Tall, dark and blue....way cool. Take that Edward Cullen!

I felt very small (in so many ways) walking out of this movie.
HENNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #20
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...th-Smurfs.html

Smurfs?

Are there smurfs in this movie - can someone who has seen it please tell me.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #21
beren
Avalon Senior Member

No smurfs.Sorry.

They are blue but 7 meters high ...

Very interesting film by the way.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #22
Soulcrafter
Avalon Senior Member

I've seen the movie also, the bue ones (paladins) and monsters look a lot like some of the world of warcraft charachters.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
Spregovori

Just saw an atricle about Lisa Kaltenegger stating that Pandora like moons (rock that can support life) might soon become a reality...something about a new telescope (James Webb Space Telescope) planed to be set in space in 2014, which is to be able to find such objects...

They are practically stating that life is out there....how much disclosure does one need?

http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~lkaltenegger/
Old 12-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #24
Soulcrafter
Avalon Senior Member

The message of the movie was quite clear to me.
We have to unite as ONE.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #25
beren
Avalon Senior Member

One thing that really stuck the chord is how the corporation is being presented in the movie.
Greedy and lustful.
Yeah they are teaching natives english and rest but they only do that in order so the natives can peacefully go away and let the leeches dig the rock worthy of 20 mil.

Then they go to war against natives with typical BULLSH*T attitude of nowadays -you know who- in this world.

And also that mention of erasing the collective memory ...

I wonder will Cameron be silent afterwards just as brothers Watchowsky after Matrix...
beren is offline   Reply With Quote