Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
rinauldi
Banned

Default New posting guidelines

First off, my opinion has flipped on this many times upon re-reading and meditating upon the email sent this morning.

One thing that has been consistant is my admiration, respect, and support for the work of Bill and Kerry.

On one level, I understand the desire to keep the forums clean. However, on another level, it screams at me as stifiling communication. I've participated in community forums since the dial-in days of BBS's in the early 80's. There is much value to me in hearing opinions thoughts, and seeing references that don't meet the criteria set forth. Namely:

So, I would like to request that ALL members think twice before posting any reports into Project Avalon.

Before you post, does it satisfy the following criteria:

* Is it accurate
* Is it verifiable from at leat 2 different sources
* Is it relevant to the current situation

I've already noticed that posts have significantly dried up.

However, respct must be given to B&K if this is what they want.

On the other hand, unfettered communication has contributed significantly to my spirtual growth and physical prepration. Personally, I wish to know what everyone is seeing - even if it is unsubstantiated rumor. I'm capable of researching the facts and developing my own opinion. To me, a forum is not a place that requires the print media's requirements of multiple substantiated sources.

A such, I offer up the forums at http://www.us-arc.com for free and unfettered communication.

My intention is not to supplant the posts here, but to provide a place for communication and discussion for items prior to their meeting the above criteria.

Personally, I will continue to review this forum, and support Bill and Kerry to my maximum ability.

Peace...
Old 10-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: New posting guidelines

I think it's a great idea to put unconfirmed news in an unconfirmed reports subforum. I don't know how that stifles anyone? It keeps us focused on what is confirmed...there's too much misinfo out there already. Why clog up General Discussion with misinfo and create unnecessary fear, panic, etc. How does that serve a good purpose?

It's also a good idea in another way. When we read something in an "unconfirmed" reports section wouldn't it spur us to do further investigation looking for confirmation?

I love this idea!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
rinauldi
Banned

I respetfuly disagree. Things are happening too quickly for the requiement of such standards prior to posting.

However, obviously no one else either got the email, or is choosing to follow it. Out of the dozens of new posts, I've yet to see one that meets the proposed guidelines. I'm not disappointed.

Although the forum at http://www.us-arc.com will continue to be available, I would prefer to keep the 'signal' on one channel - and I wholeheartedly think this is the place.

I hope both the email, and my post were mutual over-reaction. I'm pleased to see the free flow of commnication here continue.

Bill and Kerry, keep up the good work. You are constantly in my thoughts an prayers. You are both beacons in the darkness.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Shechaiyah
Banned

We don't always KNOW, beforehand, when something is real or not.

But I suppose we could calmly acknowledge that a news item needs to be MOVED to an unverified News Section ...

... instead of being offended when informed that is necessary.

Shech--
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
rinauldi
Banned

Agreed.

For some strange and unknown reason, I tend to take freedom of speech seriously. I've had close family die for it. I also tend to take offense when someone who proclaims the same ideals moves to sifle it.

If that email had come from any other source, I would have never returned. However, it came from a MOD and not B&K. Although I hold the minority position, I think it was wrong.

Agree or diagree, but when access to information is stifled - we all loose.

As I've said in each message... I respect the overall ideal here as well as the PTB. I'm not disparaging them. To the contrary, I hold them in higest esteem. However, delegation of authority must be done carefully. Enough said.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
GOTZEUS
Avalon Senior Member

Agreed.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinauldi View Post
If that email had come from any other source, I would have never returned. However, it came from a MOD and not B&K.
You obviously did not read the email correctly then.

I sent that email out,not a Mod, not B & K, and I decided on those guidelines, yes me, the forum Admin!

Yet again it seems I have to explain to YOU that they are not rules, not orders, not stifling of free speech, but GUIDELINES to enable the faster flow of relevant, accurate information to the groundcrew.

Would you have preferred the 4 post's that sprang up, caused by vague news reports, that an American war plane had been brought down in Iran to have gone straight into the News and Updates forum unchecked then? No doubt panicking quite a few members into believing that WWIII may have started!

Well...? Would you..? Do NOT try to twist my words to suit your purpose!

It appears that you have a forum as well, congratulations..I hope it grows & prospers..and your edict of "..free speech for all" get's you many members..I really do!

Then, if your unhappy with the [in your words] stifling of free speech at Avalon you can post to your hearts content in your own forum

Have a wonderful day..

Old 10-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #8
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

I have been a member since the first day of the comencement of Project Avalon and I have not started a single thread. Often people starting threads are too lazy to read the threads already posted on that subject .We are getting an endless amounts of threads all about the same subject . I am all for freedom of speech and freedom of expression but there's just too much no value added information. My advice is think twice before starting a thread and please make sure you are not you are not the 20th person starting the same thread, ie. Oct.14 something or other. Lets make project avalon a quality valueable information forum. Now there's a lot of good threads that I have read here to those people I thank you . Lets all invest our time in helping each other in these times by posting threads which can enrich each others lives or at least make us laugh. Read, verify information think about the subjects of your threads, have fun
Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #9
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Strewth mate! I have the odd problem posting to an existing thread sometimes. As to starting a new one, I wouldn't have a clue how to go about it - for that, everyone should count themselves lucky.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #10
rinauldi
Banned

Well, I recieved the email from... (and I copy and paste) forum_admin@projectavalon.net

Yes, I would have prefered that. The PTB tell me not to panic too, and I choose to decide for myself, not let others choose for me. Twist your words? Please explain. Me thinks you sound a bit paranoid.

If you send an email as forum_admin to the entire list, you speak for and as the PTB. Doing so, to me, speaks with the full authority of B&K. Either you should be more careful, or they should !!!!- if your broadcast was personal and not sanctioned. If someone did that on my forum, they would no longer have admin rights. Spamming the membership with personal opinion has consequence - and should only be done with admin agreement.

The only panic I saw was the email.

Last edited by rinauldi; 10-07-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinauldi View Post
If someone did that on my forum, they would no longer have admin rights
..and your forum has how many members exactly..? 10 I believe when last checked.

Oh..wait you've posted yet again, I'll answer that 1st

Closed Thread