Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-21-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

Question if i told you a story...would you believe it?

once upon a time back in the 60's there was peace,love,and higher consciousness. it came from out of nowhere. that generation was so on the money,no pun intended,it wasn't funny. they really awakened the world and started to change it,and for all the right reasons. for the first time people were experiencing what it was like to have uninhibited freedom. music,sex god,clothes,talk,culture,everything and were willing to fight for it. the medium age was 19,which meant there was way more young then old. they became uncontrolable and did the opposite of everything society wanted, without fear. they were trying to change the world because they knew it was screwed up and wanted a better place. it messed up a lot of the elitist plans and got then all nervous and jerky. vietnam,money,war,drugs,society,etc...so much that the elitists decided they could never let this happen again. aids was invented ,costs of living began to rise and propaganda was sent out. that cured free sex and social habits. the average family had 3.5 kids. that went down to 1.2. instead of just dad working,now mom and dad worked. drinking age was 18 now it's 21. a drink was .50 cents,now it's 10.00 dollars. they started having talks about management population control and it's coming to fruition today. they have made it so that before your even born you're in debt and stay in debt till the day you die. they used divide and conquer to yada,yada,yada.....

well,let's cut to the chase. i didn't know anything back then like i know now,but i knew something was wasn't right with all these changes that were all about control. they were making the population conservative ,overworked and docile. here we are today, 35 years later,and look at this mess.

the 60's was the beginning,"right on" target. there will always be that fire,that mark imprinted in anyone who experienced those days. peace,love and higher consciousness,without fear,and you can accomplish anything. thank you for reading my rant.
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:23 AM   #2
JrBoyMadGlorious

Default Re: if i told you a story...would you believe it?

I believe you made a profound statement saying that everyone did these things without fear. I'm a generation X'er and often wonder what I would have been like. The ants were starting to figure out what the grasshoppers were doing and the grass hoppers put a stop to this. I couldn't imagine doing those things now without the fear of repercussions.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:35 AM   #3
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

Location: a box in the inner city w. a slight chance of suburbia New Jersey

The beatles still kick ass for that reason! The world still can be changed but as stated above elitists have been tightening the strangle hold since. Iv noticed the music industry has been suffering a lot from lack of true talent the last few decades. Care to elaborate as to if you experienced the summer of Love first hand?
FrostyMcunicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 AM   #4
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
...there will always be that fire,that mark imprinted in anyone who experienced those days. peace,love and higher consciousness,without fear,and you can accomplish anything...
I was there. I'm still here. I would love to see that fire return. I've been waiting for the pendulum to swing back for 40 years.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #5
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

There's a neat article around somewhere on the net about how it is only 5% of the population controlling everybody else, but that 5% is sociopathic. They have no conscience. All we have to do is get up and start walking, don't go to work, don't turn back when they say we have to, don't stop because we don't have a permit. They'll shoot some of us, but they can't kill all of us. 95% of the people on this Earth are good people. For 95% to be kept in fear by 5% is ridiculous.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
For 95% to be kept in fear by 5% is ridiculous.
Hmmm but the 5% have an extraordinary amount of nasty weapons on their side and most of them are now remote controlled so they don't have to worry about a pilot reluctant to shoot down his own countrymen... they can do it all from a computer instead

Old 09-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
angelite
Avalon Senior Member

I have never outgrown being a hippy of the 60s
I still believe in peace and love and patching your jeans instead of buying some over priced brand name made by someone for 5 cents a day.
Down with the establishment! All you need is LOVE!
angelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #8
New Avtar

Even though I was born in the 60s, I relate to that era more than I can to this one..the freedom, consciousness and nonconformity was the order of the day....just the mass of people who believed in that time was enough to change the direction of this planet...we need to come together yet again this time..its time to show our people-power and love for each other. Its not that difficult is it?