Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Obama Requests Info on Planetary Challenges

I don't generally get involved with political threads but this was too good to pass up..

The Obama Administration has asked the "Evolutionary Leaders" to communicate about what is transpiring on the planet, and how we can change the course of the unprecedented events that are challenging this planet. This is a window of opportunity that must be taken! A deadline was given for this information to be conveyed to the Obama Administration.

The Evolutionary Leaders like Deepak Chopra, Gregg Braden, Michael Beckwith and many, many others, gathered together to write up the information to present to the Obama Administration. They are also asking us to sign a petition to show the Administration how many people are in favor for these changes to occur. They need 10,000 signatures. We need your help to reach that number and beyond! Below is the information presented to the New Administration.

The petition link can be found here:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/248704259

By the Evolutionary Leaders
The human family is in the midst of the most significant transformation of consciousness since its emergence in Africa over one hundred thousand years ago. Consciousness has been evolving for billions of years from the first cell to us. We are becoming aware that through our own consciousness the universe can know itself. This awareness reveals incredible new potential for our individual and collective humanity.

Simultaneously, we are the first species on this Earth aware that we can destroy ourselves by our own action. This may be the greatest wake-up call to the evolution of consciousness since the origin of Homo Sapiens. We now realize that we are affecting our own evolution by everything we do. This knowledge awakens in us the aspiration to become more conscious through subjective practices including meditation, reflection, prayer, intuition, creativity, and conscious choice making that accelerate our evolution in the direction of unity consciousness and inspire us to deeply align our collective vision.

THE CHALLENGE
At this juncture in human history, urgent global crises challenge us to learn to live sustainably, in harmony and gratitude with one another and with the living universe. The changes required of humanity are broad, deep, and far reaching. Only by acting swiftly and creatively can we birth a planetary culture that will bring well-being to every form of life in the Earth community. The good news is that a compelling new story of our potential as a whole human species is emerging-a story of collaboration, citizen action, dialogue and new understandings propelled by unprecedented levels of democratic freedom, multicultural exchange, and access to communication technologies. It is nothing less than the story of our
collective evolution.

OPPORTUNITIES FOR ACTION
We recognize that the inner and outer aspects of life evolve together. A dramatic awakening in consciousness will involve an equally dramatic shift in outward aspects of our lives. In particular, we see the following as vital opportunities for our conscious evolution, both personally and collectively:

Cultivating a Paradigm of Aliveness: We regard the universe as deeply alive and conscious by nature. In a living universe, our sense of subtle connection and participation with life around us is the basis for a compassionate and cooperative approach to living.

Educating for an Evolving Consciousness: Awakening consciousness is the foundation for all the change we seek to see in the world. We can work to elevate our capacity for conscious reflection and creative action in our personal lives as well as our collective lives as communities. We must support research and educational strategies that optimize human capacities and explore the nature of consciousness.

Restoring Ecological Balance: The balance of planetary ecosystems is fundamental to our survival. We must reverse the pollution of our global commons-the water, air and soil that nourish all life. We must encourage the proliferation of clean, renewable energy sources and expend all necessary resources toward mitigating the effects of climate change.

Encouraging Conscious Media: We must find innovative ways to use the new electronic media as the mirror of our positive evolutionary story, investing in their capacity to reach across differences of generation, culture, religion, wealth, and gender to build a working consensus about our collective future.

Engaging in Social and Political Transformation: More sustainable ways of living will require the support of a more conscious democracy and vibrant civil society from which more enlightened leaders will emerge. All individuals should be encouraged to use their gifts to create participatory, responsible and compassionate models of governance.

Working for Integrity in Commerce: Conscious businesses that are aware of the scope, depth, and long-range impacts of their actions are key to achieving sustainability. Business must become an ethical steward of the Earth's ecology and consciously establish an economic basis for a future of equitably shared abundance.

Promoting Health and Healing: The science of mind-body-spirit health has demonstrated the profound connection between the health of a whole person and the health of the system in which he or she lives. Whole systems healing, respecting both traditional knowledge and modern sciences, must be supported in physical, social, and spiritual domains.

Building Global Community: The new story is about all of us who share this planet. Together, we can create a culture of peace that eliminates the need for armed conflict, respecting and appreciating the glorious diversity of our human family.

YOUR PARTICIPATION IS VITAL
Our group has done its best to articulate possibilities for the evolution of consciousness at this crucial moment in time. Please reflect on this document, feel what resonates in your being and calls forth a response on your part. We invite you to discuss it with others, continuing this global conversation by adding to it the wisdom that is uniquely your own.. Together, let us co-create a new narrative of conscious evolution that is a call to individual and collective action, birthing the most significant transformation of consciousness in history. Join in the Call to Conscious Evolution by signing the pledge now.

The petition link can be found here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/248704259

FOUNDING SIGNATURIES
Chopra Center , Carlsbad , California , July 26, 2008
Michael Beckwith, Joan Borysenko, Gregg Braden, Rinaldo Brutoco, Thomas Callanan, Deepak Chopra, Mallika Chopra, Dale Colton, Gordon, Dveirin, Duane Elgin, Leslie Elkus, Barbara Fields, Debbie Ford, Ashok Gangadean, Kathleen Gardarian, Tom Gegax, Charles Gibbs, Kathy Hearn, Jean Houston, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Bruce Lipton, Judy Martin, Rod McGrew, Steve McIntosh, Lynne McTaggart, Deborah Moldow, James O'Dea, Carter Phipps, Wendy Craig-Purcell, Carolyn Rangel, Rustum Roy, Peter Russell, Gerard Senehi, Emily Squires, Brian Swimme, Diane Williams, Marianne Williamson, Tom Zender.

Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Obama Requests Info on Planetary Challenges

Quote:
Simultaneously, we are the first species on this Earth aware that we can destroy ourselves by our own action.
That's quite an assumption, I didn't realise we were conversant with all the other species in existence and formally in existence, related to Earth.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Steve_G

A little information about the company that Deepak Chopra and Gregg Braden are keeping. Draw your own conclusions.

http://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/2...-club-of-rome/

Quote:
The First Global Revolution of the Club of Rome
August 10, 2008 · 1 Comment

“It would seem that men and women need a common motivation, namely a common adversary, to organize and act together in the vacuum such as motivation seemed to have ceased to exist or have yet to be found. The need for enemies seems to be a common historical factor…Bring the divided nation together to face an outside enemy, either a real one or else one INVENTED for the purpose…

Democracy will be made to seem responsible for the lagging economy, the scarcity and uncertainties. The very concept of democracy could then be brought into question and allow for the seizure of power.

In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. The real enemy [of the elites and their minions] then is humanity itself.”

- “The First Global Revolution” (1991) published by the Club of Rome.

Last edited by Steve_G; 03-23-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

It's interesting to see Deepak Chopra's name involved, I usually associate him with ayurvedic principles but mainly mecidinal.

It seems to me that population control as an issue in the Western world has been highlighted in its link to the environment as the common adversary/goal so that it's not taken too seriously in general and so that it can be actively achieved, like you said Steve, as a product of it's own cause i.e. over population but as a product that is actively manipulated as well. So whilst those that think population control is needed for the environment are being generally ignored or considered as 'PC', it allows certain opportunists to make sure it happens.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

So, the CoR that Chopra and Williamson belong to (don't see Braden's name on the list) is the one with the social and cultural focus. The other two groups are the political one.

You know, I'm thinking that people like Chopra and Williamson probably get asked to join organizations frequently - and they're presented with agendas and group goals that probably sound like something they'd particularly want to espouse. They may not even attend a single meeting. But their names are on the letterheads, and the other names of well known people there give them more cachet as thinkers and doers. It may well be that their only "sin" is that they're not as knowledgeable about what the other guys are doing as "we" are.

There are several ways to achieve population control - one is through abstinence and/or responsible family planning. Another is through forced family planning. A third would be through genocide. I'm guessing that for most people, when they think population control, they think of the first. I know I did for many years. Here we seem to only think of the third.

alys

Last edited by alyscat; 03-23-2009 at 03:11 PM.
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
Steve_G

You're right alyscat, Braden isn't on that list. I'm pretty sure I heard him mentioned in connection to the CoR in another thread but I could be mistaken- I wonder why his name popped into my head (apart from the article of course)? I've got a couple of his videos downloaded but I've only seen a few minutes.

Regarding population control, haven't they already tried options 1 and 2 in China without success?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #7
RaKaR
Avalon Senior Member

Quite an interesting initiative; thanks for sharing, Luminari.

Salome.
RaKaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
EarthBowl
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_G View Post
You're right alyscat, Braden isn't on that list. I'm pretty sure I heard him mentioned in connection to the CoR in another thread but I could be mistaken- I wonder why his name popped into my head (apart from the article of course)? I've got a couple of his videos downloaded but I've only seen a few minutes.

Regarding population control, haven't they already tried options 1 and 2 in China without success?
Greg Braden?

FOUNDING SIGNATURIES
Michael Beckwith, Joan Borysenko, Gregg Braden, Rinaldo Brutoco, Thomas Callanan, Deepak Chopra, Mallika Chopra, Dale Colton, Gordon, Dveirin, Duane Elgin, Leslie Elkus, Barbara Fields, Debbie Ford, Ashok Gangadean, Kathleen Gardarian, Tom Gegax, Charles Gibbs, Kathy Hearn, Jean Houston, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Bruce Lipton, Judy Martin, Rod McGrew, Steve McIntosh, Lynne McTaggart, Deborah Moldow, James O'Dea, Carter Phipps, Wendy Craig-Purcell, Carolyn Rangel, Rustum Roy, Peter Russell, Gerard Senehi, Emily Squires, Brian Swimme, Diane Williams, Marianne Williamson, Tom Zender.
EarthBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: Obama Requests Info on Planetary Challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Ra View Post
That's quite an assumption, I didn't realise we were conversant with all the other species in existence and formally in existence, related to Earth.
Human Beings have been and are the only species on Earth which have developed any lasting technological society.

So far, we have not found any cities left behind by T-Rex or the Velociraptors.

Simultaneously, Humans are the only species which has propagated itself into near oblivion through Over-Population. All other species limit themselves to the "carrying-capacity" of their environment.

In Peace

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #10
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_G View Post
A little information about the company that Deepak Chopra and Gregg Braden are keeping. Draw your own conclusions.

http://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/2...-club-of-rome/
I noticed ROBERT THURMAN (Uma thurman's father) on the Club of Rome list with Deepak Chopra...

These are GOOD people, I love both Robert and Deepak's work.. they don't have a sinister bone in their bodies.

I guess when you reach a certain level of 'visibility' in the public arena, you have to 'run with the wolves' so to speak in the hope that you can guide them in an ethical manner towards making more positive decisions to effect change on a large scale.

More so than hiding out on a mountain somewhere in spiritual retreat.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
Steve_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBowl View Post
Greg Braden?

FOUNDING SIGNATURIES
I meant on the CoR members list from the link- Deepak Chopra's name is on there but Gregg Braden's isn't.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_rod7 View Post
Human Beings have been and are the only species on Earth which have developed any lasting technological society.

Simultaneously, Humans are the only species which has propagated itself into near oblivion through Over-Population. All other species limit themselves to the "carrying-capacity" of their environment.

In Peace

Having lasting technological society doesn't equate to being the only or first species with awareness/commincation and more specifically 'the first species on this Earth aware that we can destroy ourselves by our own action' - that is what I find to be an assumption. Our orthadox i.e. official archaeology does not go back that far and unofficially we have reaearch of artifacts dating 30,000-40,000 years ago but that is still a tiny proportion of Earth history, much of which could be lost to us, especially with our techniques, degradation/decomposition or simply out of our sensual range, for a long time if not forever.

Last edited by She-Ra; 03-24-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #13
Steve_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_rod7 View Post

In Peace

If those cities had been built, say, 65 million years ago, how much evidence would you expect to find now? I bet the velociraptor olympics would have been something worth seeing though

On your final point, do other species limit themselves to the carrying capacity of the environment or are they limited by it?

Tags
change, evolutionary leaders, obama