Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:55 AM   #76
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Food for Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbeing View Post
Thank you Truthseeker360 for posting
the information re yin and yang in chinese cooking

As is with everything in life: BALANCE is the KEY

picture of sushi (japanese), but you get the drift....

Food for thought

Namaste
lightbeing
Oh how I wish I would develop a love for fish! I hate it. I loathe the taste of fish, ok tuna is NOT fish, I repeat, it's not fish. It comes out of a can, always has and always will

I would love to wake up tomorrow and LOVE fish, and maybe even oysters... ugh. As of now, I have never liked fish or any of that "stuff". I think it's called seafood,

I know it's good for me, well except for the mercury laden stuff, but otherwise it's good. I could go vegetarian once I learn to believe steak smells like a dirty cow. I'm open to the universe helping me to desire to eat fish.

Unified Serenity
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:12 AM   #77
Truthseeker360
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Food for Thought

Ha ha ha..

Thanks for the chuckles,and yeah tuna in a can prob not fish but mammal,so no porpoise in eatin that...

But seriously,fish can be presented in many ways many textures flavours smells....

Monkfish blackbean sauce,meaty texture little smell taste awesome..

Tuna steaks

Jamaican salt fish ackee spicy salty

English fish n chips mushy peas tartar sauce..

Scallops gotta be tried

Salmon,smoked steamed (TINNED)shhh

Mussels white wine cream / tomatoe sauce livened up with green hot chillies and shhhh(bacon smokey)but i didnt tell ya

But see -food an option with swine flu, foot n mouth ,mad cows disease,bird flu.

So unless mercury takes lead out me pencil,still gonna chow down on fish

Veggie only safe option soon ??

On a serious note i loved meat all types,missed it in my head but not my belly.
After a while no temptation,taste buds change.

So fish next of the menu for me.....

love light Tinned fish
Truthseeker360

See food ,really is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post
Oh how I wish I would develop a love for fish! I hate it. I loathe the taste of fish, ok tuna is NOT fish, I repeat, it's not fish. It comes out of a can, always has and always will

I would love to wake up tomorrow and LOVE fish, and maybe even oysters... ugh. As of now, I have never liked fish or any of that "stuff". I think it's called seafood,

I know it's good for me, well except for the mercury laden stuff, but otherwise it's good. I could go vegetarian once I learn to believe steak smells like a dirty cow. I'm open to the universe helping me to desire to eat fish.

Unified Serenity
Truthseeker360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #78
Truthseeker360
Avalon Senior Member

When we go outside we hear the rush of traffic, we hear the sirens of fire trucks, we hear the cry of a baby, yet do we hear the silent call of nature? If we listen really close we can expect to hear the subtle call of nature's great concern. You see as you are all aware, we have been toxic dumping in our rivers, streams and oceans. This water gets recycled and is the same water that rains on our vegetative crops. We can find these vegetables in our local grocery store. The next time you sit down to eat a meal with life-giving vegetables, just remember the impure water, air and soil they have grown in. I don't tell you this to scare you. I tell you this to inform and motivate you. I challenge each one of you to take personal responsibility and action for doing one thing to significantly help this precious and deprived planet. I say deprived as we starve of vitals of life which include clean air, clean water and clean soil.

© Nicholas Tschense

http://www.nicholastschense.com/home.html

Last edited by Truthseeker360; 05-27-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Truthseeker360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #79
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker360 View Post
When we go outside we hear the rush of traffic, we hear the sirens of fire trucks, we hear the cry of a baby, yet do we hear the silent call of nature? If we listen really close we can expect to hear the subtle call of nature's great concern. You see as you are all aware, we have been toxic dumping in our rivers, streams and oceans. This water gets recycled and is the same water that rains on our vegetative crops. We can find these vegetables in our local grocery store. The next time you sit down to eat a meal with life-giving vegetables, just remember the impure water, air and soil they have grown in. I don't tell you this to scare you. I tell you this to inform and motivate you. I challenge each one of you to take personal responsibility and action for doing one thing to significantly help this precious and deprived planet. I say deprived as we starve of vitals of life which include clean air, clean water and clean soil.

© Nicholas Tschense

http://www.nicholastschense.com/home.html
very good advice indeed
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #80
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a great website for the Ayurvedic diet:

http://ayurveda-foryou.com/treat/doshadiet.html

We all know that for healthy living we require a balanced diet constituted of protein, carbohydrates and fats, minerals ,vitamines etc.
Ayurveda has considered about the diet in detail. The Ayurvedic diet is one that not only nourishes the body, but also restores balance of 'Tridoshas' wich is very much essential for maintaining Health. Depending on our dosha, or constitutional type, some foods can be beneficial, and others should be avoided. These same foods may have the opposite effect on another dosha. The science of Ayurveda teaches that right diet is the foundation of healing. For maximum health and vitality, the ideal diet is one that balances our doshas.

You can find the complete article here

Eat Right for a Healthy life:

http://ayurveda-foryou.com/treat/eat_right.html

Our diet is an essential factor for the formation of our body. It is clearly mentioned in 'Charak Samhita' that consuming improper diet in improper way is the main cause of 'Disease'.
According to 'Charak ,"An appropriate and suitable diet in a disease is equivalent to hundred drugs and any quantity of drug hardly compares to good results in disease without following proper dietetic regimen"

" When diet is wrong medicine is of no use.
When diet is correct medicine is of no need. "
[Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb]

Ayurvedic classics have mentioned following principles for living full span of life with perfect health.

Diet should be regulated taking into account the 'Desha'(territory), 'Kala' (Season as well as time of the day) etc. One should be in a habit of taking all six 'Rasa' (tastes) in order to prevent nutritional deficiency disorders.

Time of consuming food : A person should take meal only when he feels hungry. Lunch should be taken early between 12 and 1P.M. this coincides with the peak Pitta period, Pitta is responsible for the digestion. Ayurveda recommends that the lunch should be the largest meal of the day. The supper should be lesser and lighter than lunch

Quantity of food : Generally half of the capacity of stomach should be filled with solids, ¼ th with liquids and rest kept empty for the free movements of body humors.

Sequence of consuming food :Madhur (sweet) rasa food like fruits are advisable to take in the bigining of meal, food with Amla and Lavana (sour and salty) rasa in the middle and Katu,Tikta,Kashay (bitter ,astringent and pungent) foods should be taken at the end of meal

Method of consuming food :
* Wash the face hands and feet before meal. Dine in an isolated neat and clean place in pleasant environment with the affectionate persons in sitting position.

* Eat only food prepared by loving hands in a loving way. This increases the vitality giving quality of the food.

* Food should be taken after complete digestion of previous one.

* Chew your food until it is an even consistency before swallowing.

* Hard items should be consumed in the beginning followed by soft and liquids subsequently.

* Few sips of water is advised now and then while taking meal.

* Heavy substances are contraindicated after meals and should be avoided

* Do not drink cold drink just prior to or while eating, also don't drink large quantities of liquid during meals. This weakens digestion.

* Consumption of excessive hot food leads to weakness. Cold and dry food leads to delayed digestion. Intake of food prepared by giving extra

* Heat leads to 'Glani'. Hence consumption of such food should be avoided

Incompatible Food (Viruddha ahara) :
    • Milk followed by fruits and vice versa.
    • Soar substance along with milk.
    • Milk with salt, horse gram, green gram & cow gram
    • Wheat preparations in gingelly oil(Tila taila)
    • Hot drinks after alcohol, curd or honey.
    • Cold and hot substances together
    • Banana with curd and butter milk
    • Chicken with curd
    • Ghee kept in bronze vessel
    • Radish with jaggery
    • Fish with jaggery or sugar
    • Jingelly seeds with kanjika.
Use of incompatible food leads to skin disorders, Gastro intestinal .Disorders , anaemia, leucoderma hyperacidity impotence etc. hence should be avoided

The rest of the article can be found here

Enjoy!

Namaste
lightbeing

Last edited by lightbeing; 06-21-2009 at 11:08 AM.
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote