Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Default WaMu COLLAPSE: OPINIONS: IDEAS?

Yesterday when I got off work I turned on the tv to hear about the WaMu collapse. I was wondering what people on the fourm thought about the whole situation with the so called buy out. The real economists here in the states believe that there is no way the buy out will help. Alex Jones claims that it will raise inflation up to 40%. I do not want to get caught in the middle of a civil war on the streets between starving people, so I was wondering what other people are thinking right now. If people cant afford food they WILL steal it, weather it is from their neighbor or the nice morman family down the street.
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
angelite
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: WaMu COLLAPSE: OPINIONS: IDEAS?

The bail out will not work! write your congressperson and tell them no! Below is what Ron Paul says about it.

AS far as hungry people well this is why I have already moved to the mountains and am growing my own foods raising chickens for eggs and have a milk cow.I plan on feeding the people who come here. Yes they will be hungry and may want to steal but I plan on opening the door feeding them and then having them help in the garden to grow more food to feed more people. Peace and love is the way. We are the ground crew who came to help and show the way.

1.) End the Bailouts - Congress must revoke the Federal Reserve's authority to bail out failed businesses at your expense.

2.) Cut Taxes and Curb Regulation - If we really want to stimulate businesses and revive the market, we need to cut corporate and capital gains taxes, spurring investors to come back to the market and making it easier to attract new workers and clients. It is also time to end failed legislation like Sarbanes-Oxley, which has crippled capital markets, diminished our competitiveness, and greatly harmed small businesses.

3.) Reduce Spending - We must freeze all non-entitlement spending by the federal government at current levels and eliminate wasteful spending both domestically and in our trillion-dollar overseas budget. Our debt has to come down, and it won't until we start living within our means.

4.) Reform the Monetary System - If we are to have long-term economic progress, we must end the system of printing money out of thin air. The current laws limiting the circulation of gold and silver-backed currency must be overturned. We can no longer base our money on the empty promises of bureaucrats that it is sound.

The federal government is trying to scare us into accepting more tyranny. Don't stand for it.
angelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
Jeffrey
Avalon Senior Member

From what I heard a little while ago WaMu was taken over by the Feds without announcements. The CEO of WaMu was on a plane when this happened and had no idea that his company had been pulled away from him from under his feet. The obviously JPMorgan (are they affiliated to Rockefeller or Rothschild?) "rescues" WaMu.

It all seems too fishy to me.
Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Orion Morris,

I stated this a some days ago now, that if I were American, I would go straight to the bank and withdraw my savings whilst the bank is still alive.
Those who had more than 100000 US with WAMU have lost out.

Other banks will follow suit and the insurance money to pay depositors should a bank fail will not last forever...

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
Yesterday when I got off work I turned on the tv to hear about the WaMu collapse. I was wondering what people on the fourm thought about the whole situation with the so called buy out. The real economists here in the states believe that there is no way the buy out will help. Alex Jones claims that it will raise inflation up to 40%. I do not want to get caught in the middle of a civil war on the streets between starving people, so I was wondering what other people are thinking right now. If people cant afford food they WILL steal it, weather it is from their neighbor or the nice morman family down the street.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #5
edwina

hi orion...
I live in canada, but have been following the US bank closures. Most of the banks that going under are investment banks, we don't have these kinds of banks up north, so I was wondering if many average people keep basic chequing/savings accounts with them? If not, and it is mostly corperate accounts and such, it would seem to me that some 'house cleaning' is going on..which makes me extra nervous because I know many of our canadian banks are owned by big investment holders....hmmmmmmm