Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #26
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 14yr old Political groomed leader?

Interesting..... Here's a link to his biography:

http://www.defineconservatism.com/index.php/authorsbio

Quote:
Jonathan Krohn is a 14 year-old home schooled young man who has been performing on stage since he was eight. Inside Edition’s Debora Norville named him “Atlanta’s Most Talented Child” in 2006. Jonathan has had 3 call-backs for the Broadway part of Michael Banks in Mary Poppins.

Jonathan has recently been seen as John Darling in Peter Pan, and Scott in Dear Edwina, Young Cain in Children of Eden, Colin Cravin in the Secret Garden, as well as parts in The Wizard of Oz, Tom Sawyer, The Jungle Book, and Alice in Wonderland.

In 2007, Jonathan was Guest Narrator for the Gwinnett Philharmonic's rendition of Benjamin Britten's Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra. For the last 3 years Jonathan has performed on the Internet radio show “The Life Connection Show”, with the last year taking over as the principal writer for the show.

He has played the cello since he was 4 and has recently taken up the Banjo. He is active at his church, Peachtree Corners Baptist, and in his spare time he is playing with his dog Spot, and listening to anything political. He loves talk radio. He has also taken up golf in hopes to play with his favorite politicians.

And then there's this...

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/mai...rticleID=51614

Quote:
10/16/2008 12:01:00 AM
Staff Photo: Jason Braverman
Jonathan Krohn, a 13-year-old Duluth resident, has written book on conservatism titled “Define Conservatism.”
Politics passion
13-year-old pens book on conservatism

By Deanna Allen
Staff Writer

LAWRENCEVILLE - Jonathan Krohn has been told he is a 35-year-old living in a 13-year-old's body.

Ask him about conservatism, a topic about which he is particularly passionate, and he may seem even older than 35.

The Duluth resident's belief in the conservative political viewpoint has led him to pen a primer on conservatism. Based on research and interviews with politicians he conducted himself, Krohn has outlined four principles on which he believes conservatism is based: respect for the U.S. Constitution, respect for life, less government and personal responsibility.

"Shucking it down to the cob, I noticed that almost every conservative without an exception pretty much said that those four basic principles were important and key to being a conservative," Krohn said.

The home-schooled student interviewed state legislators Tom Rice, Barry Laudermilk, Tom Graves and Clint Day. He also interviewed conservative talk show host Michael Medved during his research.

Krohn said he wrote his book for current and potential conservatives.

"If you believe in something, it's best to understand it better and to learn more about it," Krohn said, "and I believe that conservatives need to continue to do that and new conservatives need to understand the viewpoints they're getting into."

Krohn developed an interest in political processes about age 8 after hearing about a Democratic filibuster on talk radio while riding in the car with his father, and Krohn became a fan of Bill Bennett's "Morning in America" radio show.

"Because of (Bennett) I really started getting involved in politics and started looking at things and analyzing it on my own," Krohn said.

The teen speaks eloquently about his passion for politics and the values that have directed him toward conservatism.

"The reason I'm passionate about politics is because I know by promoting conservative values I can promote conservative alternatives to the liberal ideas that are out there," Krohn said.

"Define Conservatism for Past, Present and Future Generations" was published this year. Krohn spent five months writing his book, giving up his summer, said his mother, Marla Krohn, who is helping her son to promote his book. The two have embarked on a mini book tour around northeast Georgia, which they hope to turn into a broader tour.

"It is humbling and exciting at the same time to see Jonathan have such confidence in himself, more than most adults do, and to watch him interact with adults on adult issues and hold his own," said Krohn's father, Doug Krohn. "(Jonathan) has a passion for something he goes for it without fear, which is a God-given gift."

"I really want the American people to better understand conservatism," Jonathan Krohn said. "That's the main point of this book."
Peace and Good Will

Last edited by WiNaDeYo; 03-17-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote