Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 02-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Question WHY do AMERICANS not CARE anymore?

This is a question we all need to ask ourselves?

I just ran across this thread at the ABOVE TOP SECRET website and I think it says it all.

Why do Americans not Care anymore?
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread439158/pg1

PEACE AND LOVE OVER AND OUT

Please consider checking out http://www.campaignforliberty.com and get behind someone who wants to organize and help us!

Or we'll all be getting these in the near future:

And some of this:

Good Read

Review here: http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0810g.asp

Last edited by peaceandlove; 02-24-2009 at 05:52 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Lunaris
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: WHY do AMERICANS not CARE anymore?

its not only america...

they don't "care" in canada either!
Lunaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I don't think it's a matter of not caring, I think it's a matter of not knowing. In other wards, those that have jobs and carry on with everyday life don't really see what's going on besides their own little world, and that's still the majority! When things get turned around and the unemployed and homeless becomes the majority instead of the minority, then I think we'll see massive uprisings and protests.

Remember that we're only a few thousand on all these forums who really know and pay attention to what's going on, compared to the millions that don't. Once it gets turned around things will change attitude wise!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:56 AM   #4
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Restore The Republic

Hey Dan,

There may only be a few thousand people on these forums, but there are other groups of people interested in restoring freedom.

Aaron Russo's
Restore the Republic
Check out the video top right that says 'Turn Me On'!
http://www.restoretherepublic.com/

And there is:

Freedom Force International
http://www.freedom-force.org/

This is a G. Edward Griffin site who is the author of 'Creature from Jekyll Island, A Second Look at The Federal Reserve'

More books by G. Edward Griffin:

'An Idea Whose Time Has Come'

There is no point in worrying about the erosion of personal freedom that is the reality of our present era if we can do nothing about it. Knowledge without action is useless and leads only to apathy and despair. So the question is: what type of action can reverse this trend? Here is the answer to that question, the ultimate solution we have been seeking. DVD

'Late Great USA'

The coming merger of the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
The process of giving up America's soverignty is far advanced - a complete political, economic, and military merger. Here are the chilling details of a plan, largely carried out in secret, by global elitists to terminate the United States.

'Hidden Agenda' (Video)

Norman Dodd, Congressional investigator of tax-exempt foundations, reveals their concealed plan for merging America into world government. DVD

'Hidden Agenda' (Audio)

The testimony of Norman Dodd, former staff director of the Special Committee to Investigate Tax-Exempt Foundations. Mr. Dodd reveals that the major foundations have been promoting an agenda that has little to do with charity or good works.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:02 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Restore The Republic

I don't think it's fair to generalize people like this.

I care and I know people who care. However, some people are too caught up in their everyday lives to notice anything.

My parents juggle raising a granddaughter every day with their own lives. Are they ignorant to you?

What about the average person that works a minimum wage job? Are they ignorant to you?

People are so distracted that it's hard to focus their attention where it really should be.

I beileve in loving people and helping them. Hell, I want to. But, we're not helping people by labeling them as sheep and ignoramuses.

Your thread title is not only misleading, it is downright unfair to those that may not seem enlightened to you.

When it comes to procuring food and staying afloat, I know a lot of people who care.

After all, we're no better.

Let's help our fellow brothers and sisters. When we prepare for the inevitable, we should include them in our plans. It's all about offering a hand when you know someone in need.

Some people don't have time to watch the latest Ron Paul video or participate in a mindless political petition from the Left.

They are too worried about staying afloat.

And lord knows that if anyone harms my family, I will harm them back.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

100.000 people in Ireland went to streets to protest the economic situation. And they were angry.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Restore The Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I don't think it's fair to generalize people like this.

I beileve in loving people and helping them. Hell, I want to. But, we're not helping people by labeling them as sheep and ignoramuses.

Your thread title is not only misleading, it is downright unfair to those that may not seem enlightened to you.

Let's help our fellow brothers and sisters. When we prepare for the inevitable, we should include them in our plans. It's all about offering a hand when you know someone in need.

Some people don't have time to watch the latest Ron Paul video or participate in a mindless political petition from the Left.

They are too worried about staying afloat.

And lord knows that if anyone harms my family, I will harm them back.
Blessings Humble Janitor,

First of all Ron Paul is not really a Republican, at least not in the current sense of the word. He did run as a Republican, since running as a Third Party Candidate does not usually afford you the opportunity to be visible in debates, since the mainstream media is manipulated, they only feed the public what they want them to know.

The mainstream media managed to twist his words during the debates he was in and then they eliminated him from being viewed at all on TV because he was a threat to their agenda. Now that the elections are over they are not as concerned about him...finally a little bit of truth is getting out and people are finding out that there is someone that has their best interests at heart.

This is the reason for this forum is to share alternative news and views of people who wish to create a more peaceful world. That is Ron Paul. He wants to get out of the wars, get rid of the IRS, get rid of the Federal Reserve, get the economy back on track and stop spending yours and my money. Our money is the 'fruits of our labor'. He does not promote being coddled by the government from cradle to grave.

Have you checked out the thread at ABOVE TOP SECRET I referenced yet?

Here are a few comments.

Quote:
"In my humble opinion, the ONLY WAY to tackle this old problem now, which is in the throes of victory, is to talk to everyone. THEY WILL THINK YOU'RE NUTS. Thats ok!
Tell everyone whats really going on. This is all done by design, the more people you talk to, it could help screw up the global plans and this can be done PEACEFULLY.
You know?"

"America for a while now seems to let politicians control everything and Americans never seem to do anything about it."

"I think that a lot of the problem is that people tend to think that "oh the guy down the street will do something, send a letter, an email, go to the representative's office". Its cesspool of mentality thinking that someone else will do it so I dont have too.

Well when you get a huge portion of the populace thinking like that, then you only end up with a mere fraction of the populace that actually does something while the rest loaf on the couch and continue to eat potato chips and drink beer and watch football.

But usually those couch potato loafers are the ones who complain first about something not working for their benefit. Well why should it work for them? They did nothing to help change things so that is why things are the way they are. "
Unless people are inspired to do something by someone, nothing will happen.

Did you notice in my title (which is actually the title of the thread at abovetopsecret.com) how I had two different colors and some words were capitalized and some were not? One set of colors read: Why Americans Care. The other set of colors read: do not anymore.

I am asking people to think about it. Do they care or do they not care?

Do you want peace or do you want war?

We are not here to label anyone, we are here to help wake them up, to create a network.

But still the question remains, how to help our fellow brothers and sisters, to open their eyes, get up off the couch, turn off the TV, join your local freedom loving organization, no matter what it is, Left Right Top Bottom Center. Make a difference. That is what it is about.

What motivates YOU?

Here is another comment on the thread I was referencing at ABOVE TOP SECRET:

Quote:
"I think plenty of people care. Seems to me people are paralyzed by fear."

"Anger motivates me. Anger has always gotten me to take action, always and with a vengeance. It blows my mind that people are not angry enough yet? What else needs to happen before people realize they will have to ACT or just plain not survive? The apathy in this country is killing me! Don't people realize that continued sleep is not only going to wipe themselves out, but also the friends and family that Americans profess to love and care for so much? Ask people on the street if they would fight to save their friends and family and they will say "absolutely I would/will" so....where the heck are they, or is that all just a bunch of smoke and lies also?"
Wishing you Peace.

One last quote from the ABOVE TOP SECRET THREAD: "Anger.... It CAN be a good thing!"

Ron Paul is my Hero, but he does not have to be yours. There are quite a few people on this forum who believe in Ron Paul.

Last edited by peaceandlove; 02-23-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Why are Americans ignorant and apathetic? I don't know...and I don't care!! Seriously...you MUST watch this Norman Dodd interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUYCBfmIcHM. Keep up the good worK peaceandlove! GO RON PAUL!!
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

A lot of us 'choir-preachers' are in transition. We are formerly sleeping giants who are now semi-conscious...but not fully awake. We need the positive reinforcement...and also the peer review...to determine whether our conceptualizations have merit...or not. To enthusiastically go marching into the cold cruel world with a little bit of knowledge is a prescription for failure. The existing paradigm has been repeated and reinforced for decades...if not centuries. The things which are discussed on this site are a hard sell to the vast majority of the general public. I also like to think that the 'Powers That Be' monitor this site...not just to find out who the trouble-makers are...but to actually help them(the CFR types) figure out how to get out of the horrible mess they have been instrumental in creating. I have a feeling that they have been taken for one helluva snake-ride...and that many of them are now trying to get off...without being eaten alive. The New World Order people may hate the New World Order more than we do. They may want to swap sides...but it's probably sort of like trying to leave the Mafia.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 02-22-2009 at 07:26 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Hooray Peace and Love...we need a good kick in the hind end sometimes to remind us...we do need to get off the couch...nothing can change without getting the job done. Anything worth having is worth working for...I love the people of this country..but they need to wake up and get up and move toward a better standard of living...
I think we have to tear down the structures that have led us here, and recreate the ideals of what our constitution was based on.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
Baggywrinkle

Default The argument for voluntary simplicity.

Not long ago an elderly man froze to death in his home in
Michigan when his electricity was turned off. The bill was
on the table along with the money to pay it. The temperature
in his home was 32 degrees. After his death his estate donated
$400,000 dollars to his favorite charity. How could this happen?

It would not have happened if his neighbors and his community
had been looking in on him. He was literally forgotten to death.

We cannot teach what we do not know.
Most of us are 2-3 generations removed
from the language of our forebearers.
We have also lost the ethics and morality
of community. So our children grow up feral
not knowing any better than to expect hand
outs from the centralized government. Why shouldn't
they. The family is broken and The centralized government
raised them.

How can you know what you have lost if you were never
taught. Please take a moment and allow the Amish to
remind you:

Saturday:

Today we had our first Amish friends here for supper. They have been very helpful in showing us some of the ropes around here. We wanted to thank them over supper. They came from about 4.5 miles with horse and buggy. They were very good friends with the people who lived here before us. Their horse knew the way they said without their lead. It took them about a ½ hour to get here. They hooked the horse up to our hitching post and came in for supper. I am amazed they really still travel in this archaic way.

We chatted over dinner, sloppy joes, corn casserole, chips, dilly beans and dilled pickles. We served cherry dump cake cooked on the woodstove (all these recipes coming in the book J) and hot coffee from the French press. They were very intrigued with the French press as they had never seen one before. They loved the coffee and noticed the great taste. I think we know what we will get them for Christmas.

{...}

Everything made a lot of sense with what they said. A lot of myths were debunked. They DO read the Bible on their own and they DO read books. In fact, they came from the library book sale this very day with a book about horses for our children as a gift. They buy books for their church (their sect) lending library. I was very surprised when I mentioned to them that I was formerly a nanny and they had just finished read the NY Best Time Seller, The Nanny Diaries…?? I didn't ask much about that J.

They were very respectful to us and said they admired the courage to leave living on grid and that it took a lot of guts to do it. They wondered if we were getting a lot of "flack" from friends and family. We told them yes and no. They said, "Don't worry if people do not understand why you are doing this, they are missing out on the freedom it really is bringing you". They said that going without electricity is easy, it's the other things being Amish is hard about. You must get along with your church family, it is not an option. These people are you sole support, your community, even your insurance. You see the everyday at times. When you build or buy a home, these same people self-insure your home with you that in event of fire they will rebuild it; you do the same for them, even if you are not "fond" of them. They said it's something they have really had to learn and still are. Being Amish in "D's" words provides 100% security from the cradle to the grave. They are very close knit and they help each other daily in getting all the farm work finished. They do not go anything alone. If someone needs to butcher a cow and can 49 quarts of meat, then you do it together on Monday and then on Tuesday you go to someone else's farm and you help them. You eat together, you raise your children together and you do so many things even we would not do as immediate family together. Even Christmas baking, 30 ladies will get together and bake on a large army surplus size stove and then divvy up all the goodies at the end and then you have your baking done in about ½ day and in a very large quantity. It's really neat. I wish it could be like that for us but honestly I would have to really mature a lot in the people area as I seem to be more of a loaner J… Yes, I really just said that…

A Spoiled Generation
By Eli Stoll 7-77

Several years ago I noticed a small cartoon in a newspaper that caught my attention. It showed a picture of a living room in a typical modern home.
A brightly lighted and gaily decorated Christmas tree was in one corner. A ten year old boy stood in the middle of a wide assortment of toys he
had just unwrapped. {...}

It was a simple cartoon but it told a complete story. He held the last gift in his hands with a frown on his face. The caption was; "You mean this is
all I get?"

What a spoiled child! His parents had spent a couple hundred dollars on several dozen toys gadgets, and playthings. Instead of being awed and grateful,
he complained because there wasn't more. Instead of complaining, his eyes should have been shining and his lips saying, "You mean I get all THIS!"

However it is hard to believe that a child could be so spoiled, the truth is that all of us have more in common with this child than we like to think.
In a way, all of us have become spoiled children, unbelieveably blessed in material things, and yet standing in the midst of plenty and waste and asking,
"You mean this is all I get?"

We have life rather easy compared to our forbears. They were hunted, persecuted, tortured, and killed. The government passed special laws against them.
{...}

Our immigrant fathers toiled with their axes and hoes to wrest a living from thick forests and tree stump covered. We have rich dark soil, loose and
fertile and productive, and teams of horses to work it with. They had to make almost everything, from their axe handles to their homespun clothing.
We go to town and buy what we want. No weary hours working into the night carving, weaving, spinning.

We have it easy. We have grown fat, soft, lazy, and spoiled [mind you, this is an Amishman talking to the Amish!]. We have forgotten how to suffer, and
refuse to even be inconvenienced. Everything has to be handy {...}

The luxuries of one generation become the necessities of the next. Let's look at just one area of life, our water supply. Our forefathers carried water
from a nearby spring. Many trips for water morning, evening, and even through the day. It was tiresome, timeconsuming labor, but it was accepted without
question because it had to be done.

Gradually as homes became more permanent wells became common. What a luxury this must have seemed! A well within a hundred feet of the house

{...}

After a generation pumps came on the scene. No more straining backs and tired aching arms, pulling the rope to bring up a bucket of water.

{...}

Nevertheless, what one generation thought was easy the next found tiring. They felt pumping water by hand was a hardship and took so long.

{...}

Fill a tea kettle, did you say? What for? To heat water to wash the dishes? Ha, guess again. That's not for us. We're the next generation. Who
has time to heat water when we want it?

{...}

That brings us to the present. What will the next generation want? {...} What we appreciate, our children take for granted.

Satan likes to make us believe that if we only had this, or that, we could be so much happier. If only the Church would allow this, we'd be satisifed.
We couldn't ask for more. We'd be content.

Would it really work that way? {...}

Then are they contented? Are they satisfied with what they have? The answer is obvious. One look at the headlines of a newspaper should convince
anyone. Riots. Strikes. Demands. Boycotts. Protests. Marches. Welfare. Unrest. Crime. Divorce. Suicide. Rebellions. Violence. Tension.

There never was a generation that had so much and appreciated it so little. Young people grow up and never lift a finger to work. Still they are
dissatisfied and run away by the thousands. No, people of the world are not content with all the luxuries they have. Jesus said long ago, "A man's
life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses (Luke: 12:15)

The time has come for each of us to stop and ask some questions. Where are we as [plain] people? Where have we come from? Where are we going?
What factors have brought us to where we are today?

{...}

We don't need more conveniences as much as we need more convictions. In this world of emphasis on luxury and earthly posessions, it may be
difficult to be content with little. But it is impossible to be content with much.

************************************************** *****************************************

We behave like spoiled children. Greed and lust for power has the insiders eating sixty four thousand dollar lunches while children in this world
go to bed hungry? Raised feral, we behave feral hiding in our houses and our cars afraid to venture out to assist each other. Meanwhile the
insiders are forging the shackles to bind you, the outsider slaves.

My wife prepared a fine spaghetti dinner for her children which they all enjoyed and complimented her on. After dinner she was clearing the table
and she asked her eldest daughter for help cleaning up. The feral child replied, "F--- y'alls dishes, I'm going to my trailer."

Folks, we get the government, and the children we deserve. In the soil of our lust, greed, and
apathy lie the seeds of the next holocaust.

That is all I have to say.

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 02-22-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #12
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Nice reminder Baggy We are spoiled...and most of us would not know how to survive like that...good reminder...we may be there sooner then we know...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I might like to add....Baggy, don't blame the children for the example their parents have given them...they are the product of their parents..and if their parents let them become this, then that is only the direction their parents gave them...
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 AM   #14
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
I might like to add....Baggy, don't blame the children for the example their parents have given them...they are the product of their parents..and if their parents let them become this, then that is only the direction their parents gave them...
Brook,

We are all the children and we are all feral. That girl
now has a daughter. What can she possibly teach her
except to share her ignorance?

Unless, in her love for her child her neighbors and community she reaches outside what she has been
taught and strives to gather that which she lacks?

A mammoth undertaking which is likely to fail without
the conviction Mr Stoll speaks about. People who have
lived through a holocaust have conviction. We, the
spoiled generation do not. Perhaps once we have
remembered how to suffer it will be easy to find conviction once again. People who have been persecuted
have no problem finding their passion.

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 02-23-2009 at 12:28 AM.