Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Australia and New Zealand

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #276
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace2all View Post
Hi, Fellow Mellbournians & others in OZ. I agree with Robski reg: subscriptions, when you consider the wealth of information and knowledge you get from this forum. Let alone the amazing people you can met on a similar level to ourselves here in Melb and on the other side of the world! How can you argue for a few dollars for that?

I thought Sirdiablo69 might know about this stuff, but if any one knows more - it might be what a few Aussie families might need if things get worse. I found this link on an Australian site http://www.loveforlife.com.au/node/5760
ITS REGARDING; Australian laws, citizens rights, Banks & credit control to how to get out of speed camera tickets. What do you guys think?

Its great to see people rallying around Johno, I'm sure it helps him to know people do care. Maybe we can consider a pre Christmas get together???
Peace and be good to you. Pep
Gday All,

great link peace to all, l would also heartily recommend also the earlier links to forums provided by Aussie Babe, a word of warning the dudes there are not politically correct, please please please if you check the forums just mentioned do not l repeat do not waist their time trying to correct their apparent injustices, my reason is simple the regular guys on the aussurvive forum provide of wealth and l mean a wealth of info and links that very lickel will save your sorry little **** as well as that of those you love, therefore l insist l realy realy insist that all of you refrain from correcting them, as they are what they are, and the service they provide will save your sorry little buttsky and if it dont then it isnt because you weren't forwarned by them, as their title suggests aussurvive is about survival, and in ant emergency/dire need its simply foolish to debate the finer pionts of your political/religous/philosophical beliefs when your life hangs in the balance please please keep this in mind, if you can keep your personal political etc beliefs on the back burners you will reap of wealth of essential life saving well informed info from those sites, but do not l repeat do not go there expecting to play the teacher/authority figure and please please do not take any action to have there sites closed/sued etc they perform an extremely valueable service for fools such as us living a dream.

Cheers sirdiablo69,

ps l would reccomend the frugal squirrels link as an intro to set the scene l warn all of you this is heavy ****

important note the regulars at the forums Aussie Babe gave the links are not avalon types do not make the mistake expecting them to be that

first port of call http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/cgi-b...1;t=044387;p=1

second port http://www.aussurvivalist.com/forum/...TID=12237&PN=1

followed by http://www.2012forum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

something like avalon http://www.astrovera.com/forum/index.php

and remember to add them to favourites the moment you get there

Last edited by sirdiablo69; 12-01-2008 at 12:06 AM.
sirdiablo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:03 AM   #277
Peace2all
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Dakini7;88584]Greetings everyone

I am about to relocate back to Melbourne after a hermit phase in the forest of NZ...and am keen to connect with other likeminded individuals interested in working together to create a safe haven for us all outside of Melbourne CBD. So count me in to the Ground Crew! I have many skills to contribute...

HI DaKini and a BIG WELCOME. Wow hermit phase in NZ sounds interesting... I bet it has taught you many valuable live skills. The Melb.Ground Crew is still finding its feet but it would be good for more to eventually met up. Maybe we could see if others are up to a pre Christmas meeting?? How about it, anyone....

Questions to all: Was there someone on this post that was an expert on Straw buildings, hobbit homes? I thought maybe Tuza? Would love to get in touch with them for some practical advice, like where to buy cost effective straw etc.

The other subject we are starting to research is barrel turbine for power backup. I just received an email from US forum member and he said some one in OZ was making?? Does any one have any info or links regarding this topic? Have a great day everyone...Pep
Peace2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #278
vesta
Avalon Senior Member

Hi folks,

definitely not experts but we built our straw bale home in rural nsw and I can tell you now should we ever build again we will be choosing the same materials as we've used this time!!!

Couldn't be more pls'd with the outcome and depending on the council running the shire you are considering some are more open to load-bearing walls.... ours are in-fill walls which works for us.

The only thing we would recommend is that you put a decent eave all the way around the house not like the 'modern eaves' ie non-existent! We would probably build a verandah all the way around next time but that's a minor change to the overall functionality of the home for us not structural overhaul. Our pergola area is used by all the family and is a much loved extra room in all weather, but if we want to go to the front verandah we're out in the weather if we don't walk thru the house.... oh well, lesson learnt for the next one!

Can send more info/photo's if you would like it!

Blessings,

Vesta
vesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #279
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Gday All,
cant comment on the straw home thing but l'm expection some building info with plastic condubeing as the framework you know plastic pipes they come in a lot of diameters as well as t-sections etc and according to add for the literature very very inexpensive to produce an effective shelter
Old 12-02-2008, 04:59 AM   #280
Peace2all
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesta View Post
Hi folks,

definitely not experts but we built our straw bale home in rural nsw and I can tell you now should we ever build again we will be choosing the same materials as we've used this time!!!

Couldn't be more pls'd with the outcome and depending on the council running the shire you are considering some are more open to load-bearing walls.... ours are in-fill walls which works for us.

The only thing we would recommend is that you put a decent eave all the way around the house not like the 'modern eaves' ie non-existent! We would probably build a verandah all the way around next time but that's a minor change to the overall functionality of the home for us not structural overhaul. Our pergola area is used by all the family and is a much loved extra room in all weather, but if we want to go to the front verandah we're out in the weather if we don't walk thru the house.... oh well, lesson learnt for the next one!

Can send more info/photo's if you would like it!

Blessings,

Vesta
Thanks Vesta for all your advice , It's great to hear from you and that have actually been through the process, and its always easier the next time! I would love to see your pics. I found this link also from OZ reg earth homes, tree houses and straw designs. http://www.loveforlife.com.au/node/5917
I was trying to figure out with the cathedral type log ceiling pic if they mounted the post into bearings or concrete or just the straw bales?
I am snooping a site that seems OK except for sea level. Thanks again for the feedback. How are your two fur babies? I have many projects, learning, reading, action, kids, household, and everything else on, it is great to get shortcuts and tips to help along the way.
Cheers Pep
Peace2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:19 AM   #281
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

Post Hello Ground Crew Members

Hello to ALL Melbourne/Victoria Ground Crew members

This is Relayer, aka DarkMatter, aka Johnno.
I sincerely apologize for my long absence on the Forum. I have had some major personal issues that needed to be resolved before I was ready to return. There are some members, that I will not mention, that know of the true nature of my absence. This is an issue I will not go into, so please don't ask.
I am very sorry to anyone who tried to contact me during my hiatus. I was not deliberately ignoring you, I was just not ready to contend with anyone at the time.
Also, many thanks for all the well wishes from most of you, I sincerely appreciate all the encouragement you gave me. This will not be forgotten.
Things have been very tough for me, but I feel that I'm ready to make my mark in this Forum once again. Therefore...
I propose a meeting to be held at my place on Sunday the 14th of December at 1:00pm, to which everyone is more than welcome to attend. I sincerely hope to see you all again, plus I look forward to seeing new members showing their faces and members that haven't yet attended a meeting.
This meeting is not restricted to members only, your more than welcome to bring partners friends and/or relatives whom you feel will benefit from all the input and information, and very importantly, as well as any information you would like to share about yourself, your fears, information you have researched etc.
This meeting will not only be for getting down to the nitty gritty, its also a time to socialize and get to know each other.
Food and drink will be provided. Anyone not wanting to drive but are willing to catch a train, I can pick you up from St Albans station, just let me know.
The gap between the last meeting has been too long, and this next one will be a bit of a catch up.
I strongly urge everyone to attend, this is not only for our benefit, but yours as well.
I also request you RSVP by posting in here as soon as possible. I realize that this is very short notice, but as Peace2all has already mentioned, a meeting would be ideal before the Christmas break.
Those interested in coming, please PM me for the location details.
Please don't disappoint by not attending.
Take care all and I'm very much glad to be back with the Melbourne/Victoria Ground Crew.
Best regards and peace from,
Johnno
Relayer

Last edited by Relayer; 12-05-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Relayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #282
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Sunday the 21st of December at 1:00pm (that's next Sunday)

Johnno, good to see you back!!

Can you please clarify Sun 21st is not next Sunday, next Sunday is the 7th
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #283
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieG
Johnno, good to see you back!!

Can you please clarify Sun 21st is not next Sunday, next Sunday is the 7th
Thank you for the welcome back my friend, its very much appreciated.
Thank you also for letting me know about the date mix up. Looking at my time and date on my PC, I realized the date format I'm not used to. This is the format on my PC: MM/DD/YYYY I'm too used to: DD/MM/YYYY
Sorry to anyone for the confusion.
Once again many thanks AussieG.
Take care my friend.
Best regards,
Johnno
Relayer
Old 12-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #284
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

At this juncture I have to say something in regards to some members of the Melbourne/Victoria Ground Crew. When they read this they will know who they are.
During my absence, some members rallied around me, knowing the predicament I was in, and gave me the support, love, best wishes and help I could ever have hoped for. There is no way I could have made the transition of getting better so fast without their fantastic support. I just wished all of humanity only had an ounce of what they gave to me, the world would be a Garden of Eden.
I want to sincerely and warmly thank them here on Avalon just to show that there are people in this Ground Crew that really care about each other and all fellow human beings. This is a point in my life I will treasure forever, so no oppressive governments or major disasters will ever take that from me.
I give thanks to all who helped me, a debt I can never repay.
Take care all and peace be with you.
Best regards,
Johnno
Relayer
Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #285
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

Welcome back Johnno you were missed. Hopefully now the ground crew can get back to the business at hand.
Once again it's good to have you back.

Peace to you all
Aussie babe
Barb
Aussie Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #286
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

What shape are your Chakra's in? A very accurate quick and easy test to find out.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/

Peace to you all!
Aussie Babe
Barb
Old 12-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #287
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Gday All,

Hope to make your aquaintence one and all at johns pl;ace on Sunday 14TH DEC if john has any difficulties arranging any lifts from St Albans Railway Station I may also be able to assist,

Will be great to see you all in person.

John has reccommmended to me the option of using SKYPE for some of our communications sounds like a great idea perhaps we could all make that step forward e.g no extra cost involved in speaking to one another across the globe providing we have internet access and a suitable headphones.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:50 AM   #288
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Babe
Welcome back Johnno you were missed. Hopefully now the ground crew can get back to the business at hand.
Once again it's good to have you back.

Peace to you all
Aussie babe
Barb
Thank you for the warm welcome Barb, its very much appreciated.
Please take care.
Best regards,
Johnno
Relayer
Old 12-06-2008, 07:03 AM   #289
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdiablo69
Gday All,

Hope to make your aquaintence one and all at johns pl;ace on Sunday 14TH DEC if john has any difficulties arranging any lifts from St Albans Railway Station I may also be able to assist,

Will be great to see you all in person.

John has reccommmended to me the option of using SKYPE for some of our communications sounds like a great idea perhaps we could all make that step forward e.g no extra cost involved in speaking to one another across the globe providing we have internet access and a suitable headphones.
Yes, please take sirdiablo's recommendation of downloading Skype so we can do conference communications. Much easier that typing all day.
My Skype contact is: johnnoavalon
If any one would like to Skype me, just let me know and we can set up a day and a time that will suit both.
Here's the link's to download Skype:
Windows

Mac OS

Linux

Best regards,
Johnno
Relayer
Old 12-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #290
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Melbourne/Victoria

3rd Meeting of the Project Avalon Melbourne/Victoria Ground Crew

To be held on Sunday the 14th of December 2008 at 1:00pm
Please PM me for a map and address details.

Attendees:
Relayer and a good friend and her mum, my next door neighbor
mulder
AussieG
sirdiablo69
Lt Ripley, Frank (Partner) and perhaps Don'tPanic
Robski

6:35pm 06/12/08:
Response has been a tad slow. We only have just over a week, so please let me know either way. Please don't make me have to PM you.
Also, any non-Victorians are more than welcome to attend, just PM me.

10:20pm 12/12/08:
I have to say I'm a little disappointed that no one else has stepped up to the plate. What do I have to do, squeeze balls? Not to worry, the meeting will still be great, even if there were only two of us. I would have liked to know the exact numbers, but no worries. Any late comers are welcome, you can just rock up.

Last edited by Relayer; 12-12-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #291
Dakini7
Avalon Senior Member

Hiya Melbourne GC

Sorry to advise that I won't be back in Melbourne in time to attend the upcoming meeting. Please do keep me in the loop thought, as I'd love to be at the next one. I hope it's a fruitful meeting for all involved.

Big smiles & much hope to you all
Dakini7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:45 AM   #292
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini7 View Post
Hiya Melbourne GC

Sorry to advise that I won't be back in Melbourne in time to attend the upcoming meeting. Please do keep me in the loop thought, as I'd love to be at the next one. I hope it's a fruitful meeting for all involved.

Big smiles & much hope to you all
Hello Dakini7,
Not a problem in regards to not being able to attend.
We will definitely keep you in the loop, so don't worry there.
We all look forward to seeing you at the subsequent meeting you can attend.
Please take care my friend.
Best regards,
Johnno
Relayer
Old 12-09-2008, 04:58 AM   #293
Dakini7
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
Hello Dakini7,
Not a problem in regards to not being able to attend.
We will definitely keep you in the loop, so don't worry there.
We all look forward to seeing you at the subsequent meeting you can attend.
Please take care my friend.
Best regards,
Johnno
Relayer
Thanks Johnno, likewise
Dakini7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #294
Robski
Avalon Senior Member

Welcome back Johnno,

Love life I say!

I've been absent from the forum for a while as I've been entrenched in reading books that seem to be increasing by the day on my desk, whilst little time has been allocated to read any of them.

I'm looking forward in attending the forum this Sunday.

Lots of smiles
Robski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:08 AM   #295
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robski
Welcome back Johnno
Thank you Robski, its very much appreciated.

Quote:
Love life I say!
I agree 100%. Of late I have been embracing life with a passion.

Quote:
I've been absent from the forum for a while as I've been entrenched in reading books that seem to be increasing by the day on my desk, whilst little time has been allocated to read any of them.
I noticed yesterday in your profile that you hadn't logged on for a while, and I was getting a tad worried. Glad your ok and soaking up books.

Quote:
I'm looking forward in attending the forum this Sunday.
Cool. Looking very much to seeing you again.
I'll PM you with my address details.
Please take care my friend and I'll catch you on Sunday.
Best regards,
Johnno
Relayer
Old 12-13-2008, 05:50 AM   #296
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

Well guys it looks like D day has arrived!

Who is staying and who is going?

How many have installed SKYPE?

Peace
Aussie Babe
Barb
Old 12-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #297
sugar
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Hi My name is Chris, I have noticed something wrong with our planet for years,but always thought it was just me, I am new on this forum,are we already leaving this forum? Let me know how we all can get together for talks,I feel that by the year 2010 i will know whenever to stay put or move.In my dreams my dad showed me flooding to occur but it looked like the NSW flooding,not giant waves,the weather seems so strange now,not what i remember when i was young.
LETS KEEP IN TOUCH.
Take care
sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #298
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmm... Looks like my last post was deleted by the mods. I guess they know what their doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar
Hi My name is Chris, I have noticed something wrong with our planet for years,but always thought it was just me, I am new on this forum,are we already leaving this forum? Let me know how we all can get together for talks,I feel that by the year 2010 i will know whenever to stay put or move.In my dreams my dad showed me flooding to occur but it looked like the NSW flooding,not giant waves,the weather seems so strange now,not what i remember when i was young.
LETS KEEP IN TOUCH.
Take care
Hello Chris and a very warm welcome on the Forum. Unfortunately the welcome won't be long lived due to subscriptions commencing very shortly.
I will PM you my details so we can remain in contact.
Even though the subscriptions will kill off many members, Ground Crew meetings will still continue regardless, so don't worry there.
Never ignore your dreams, they have a special meaning, and thank you for sharing it with us.
Take care Chris and we'll definately keep in touch.
Best regards,
John
Relayer
Old 12-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #299
Relayer
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Melbourne/Victoria

To all Melbourne/Victoria Ground Crew Members

If you don't have my details, then please e-mail me at the following address:

lavertonpark@yahoo.com.au

This will probably be my last post, so lets please keep in touch so we can continue the work of getting ourselves organized.
At this point I'd like to say to all Ground Crew members that it has been an extreme pleasure to be associated with you.
I have to thank Bill, Kerry and the mods here on Avalon for the inception of the Ground Crew's. It has bought like minded people together and I give extreme thanks for this introduction. I have found many true friends on this Forum, and without Bill and Kerry providing the spark, I would not have gotten to know all of you wonderful people.
Best regards always,
John
Relayer

Last edited by Relayer; 12-13-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #300
Ngai Te Rangi
Avalon Senior Member

NSW have their Ground Crew meet up today as well. Expecting another exceptional turnout. Lots of food, drink and of course, great eclectic conversation and ideas.
You guys in Melbourne also have a great day.
CIAO
Ngai Te Rangi is offline   Reply With Quote