Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 04-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default What I want !

A world in which each person accepts responsibility for their thoughts, words, actions and deeds; where each person lives in harmony with themselves and all other selves, and in harmony with nature, the planet Earth, and all her creatures and kingdoms. It is a new world that is free from tyranny, and where the tyrants and pirates have all left, never to return.

In this world, each will measure his action by his brothers need.

For those who choose to remain, the Earth will become the place we need it to be in order to evolve together as one, in balance.

Each day, I intentionally go about the process of manifesting the above. I invite each of you to do the same.

I would like this thread to be focussed on elaborating on the vision of the world to be.

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

Love to all

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 05-21-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Wording update
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Default Re: What I want !

Good thread Anchor. I'd like to quote a very famous person who i resonate with....
I'd like him to say what he and many other people on this earth want.
" I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

Martin Luther King, Jr
Henry
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners View Post
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."
That speech makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up everytime I read it

Fantastic

Peace
Iain

Last edited by Kathleen; 04-06-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: entire post copied, can be read above
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I want no one to be without food and the other necessities of life, and I want the end of war.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
Myplanet2
In The Mists

I'd love to see a world where the changes already underway, and embraced with a sense of excitement and adventure, rather than reacted against with fear and trepidation.

I'd love to see a world where all people accept the truth that the world isn't something "happening to them" but rather that it's our creation, and that we need simply create anything that "isn't working for us" in a manner more consistent with our true nature of Love and harmony.

I'd love to see a world which dropped the idea that they had to fight and resist the "dark forces" and simply adopted the idea that creation together of what we DO want, is infinitely preferable to reacting against and fighting what we DO NOT WANT.

They used to say "it takes two to fight". I've come to see that as literally quite true and wise.

If you can perceive a rift, you are aiding in it's manifestation. So if you, on your side, decide there is no rift, then it ceases to be. It's that simple.

Last edited by Myplanet2; 04-06-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

From this day forward i take responsibility

for all my words actions and deeds

for the good and the love of the whole

in unconditional service

i shall indevor at all times to

to do and be the best i can be

in truth as i know it

and as i shall know more i become more

in loving service rhythmmm
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm View Post
From this day forward i take responsibility

for all my words actions and deeds

for the good and the love of the whole

in unconditional service

i shall indevor at all times to

to do and be the best i can be

in truth as i know it

and as i shall know more i become more

in loving service rhythmmm
You have brought a smile to my face and an overwhelming feeling of warmth in my heart.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
vipassana
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Anchor;126376]A world in which each person accepts responsibility for their thoughts, words, actions and deeds; where each person lives in harmony with both themselves and every other person on the planet; where each person also lives in harmony with the planet Earth, all her creatures and all her kingdoms, and that is free from all tyranny.

I'm with you on that Anchor. For several years that's the kind of world I've been working for.

I like this quote to encourage me to never give up:-

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has (Margaret Mead)
vipassana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I like the threads that are coming forward now. They are doing/action/moving on/Loving threads, especially this one. I endeavor to every day be the changes I wish to see in the world, and it is so.

Love and Light

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

You are going to get your wish. It won't be very much longer now. Relax and allow yourself to be in the moment.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
You are going to get your wish. It won't be very much longer now.
I know

A..
Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #12
Blisstasista
Avalon Senior Member

Great thread. I wanted to share with you one of my favorite quotes:

Evoking the Soul

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to
draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of ini-
tiative there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which
kills countless ideas and splendid plans: That the moment
one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.

All sorts of things occur to help one that would otherwise
never have occurred. A whole stream of events and issues
from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of incidents
and meetings and material assistance which no person would
have believed would have come their way. Whatever you
think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has
magic, grace and power in it.

-Goethe
Blisstasista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 AM   #13
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Goethe passage. Eliminating all war and debt would go a long way toward giving us the world which most people want. Engaging in constructive competition and paying as we go might be a good place to begin. Only one problem...it makes sense.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #14
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Eliminating all war and debt would go a long way toward giving us the world which most people want.
Doing that would be interesting, but the way most people are in the first world soon there would be dog-eat-dog again, rich exploiting poor, and critically : people not taking responsibility for thier actions.

Responsibility is key. If you dont take responsibility - conciously for each little thing you do, then where is the motive to clean up your act?

When you realise that the exploitation of some poor third worlder who has to work in a userous system just to buy food is as pointless as self-harm, then you wouldnt do it. Understanding that we are all one, and whatsoever we do to others we do to ourselves is the responsibility factor that we have to get first.

Just having our problems wiped away, probably would not help that much in the long term as it would remove the catalyst that will end up with us fixing things properly.

To me constructive competition is an oxymoron. In a competetive situation, one man's gain is anothers loss - why is that a good thing?

A..

PS: Oxy, there's an obvious joke about your handle in my last para, but I promise I am not making it. I mean it literally.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #15
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I'd love to see a world where we could all speak the same "language" and help each other out. I'm skeptical that it will ever come about but who knows?

Also, we must learn to avoid making enemies or classifying people we know as enemies. I believe that an enemy is like a friend that has gone astray. They must be guided back.

Forgive your past trangressions and live in the now, not in the past or in the future.

I certainly hope you don't mind that last bit of advice, Anchor. It has worked for me to live in the now and do whatever I've wanted to do to enjoy life.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #16
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I certainly hope you don't mind that last bit of advice, Anchor. It has worked for me to live in the now and do whatever I've wanted to do to enjoy life.
Not at all, keep it coming

To be honest this shouldn't be about me really its about us.

Love is the only force that can transform an enemy into a friend.

(That last line was seen on a large banner in a shop window in one of the main streets in Sydney's CBD - amazing - I loved it, and will pass it on)

A..
Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #17
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Responsibility is key. If you dont take responsibility - conciously for each little thing you do, then where is the motive to clean up your act?
I see what you're saying. You're right. The other things will follow.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #18
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Okay, here's one from me, and overdue it is too.

I have tended to jump in boots first and not thought through things. In a different post (and I see the fight rages on) I allowed my ire to get the better of me and should have held my tongue. Whether right or not, I should have kept quiet. SO.....

As with immediate effect, I will keep my trap shut at all costs UNLESS I have something to say which is edifying and of use to all in moving forward in the search for our common goals.

I will only say things that are of LIGHT SOURCE and not allow ego to step in and cause havoc.

and this time I really do mean.....Love and Peace to all, may we really be one. Not that I didn't mean it before, just a lot more thought into this particular post.

Phew, that actually got a load off. It has been bugging me that I turned out to be so human after all......

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #19
Dakini
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainl140285 View Post
That speech makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up everytime I read it

Fantastic

Peace
Iain
You know what? Me, too.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #20
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Doing that would be interesting, but the way most people are in the first world soon there would be dog-eat-dog again, rich exploiting poor, and critically : people not taking responsibility for thier actions.

When you realise that the exploitation of some poor third worlder who has to work in a userous system just to buy food is as pointless as self-harm, then you wouldnt do it. Understanding that we are all one, and whatsoever we do to others we do to ourselves is the responsibility factor that we have to get first.

Just having our problems wiped away, probably would not help that much in the long term as it would remove the catalyst that will end up with us fixing things properly.

To me constructive competition is an oxymoron. In a competetive situation, one man's gain is anothers loss - why is that a good thing?

A..

PS: Oxy, there's an obvious joke about your handle in my last para, but I promise I am not making it. I mean it literally.

I agree that Responsibility is Key. Constructive Competition, Positive Response Ability, and Constitutional Responsible Freedom are at the center of my philosophical edifice. They are interlocking and interdependent. I tend to incorporate them into discussions regarding the U.S. Constitution.

Competition is an integral part of Freedom. Competition is an integral part of Game Playing. Competition involves challenge, adventure, and interest. However...the greater good for the entire community must always remain at the center of things. If the good and ethical people decide to stop competing because it is wrong...and the evil and unethical people decide to compete with even more enthusiasm...the bad guys will end up with everything...and the good guys will end up with nothing. Our world is sort of like that right now. Irresponsible and Destructive Competition is Rewarded. This needs to change. Irresponsible and Destructive Competition Should Be Punished. The most Responsible people should win...and the most Irresponsible people should be locked up!

When two baseball teams play a baseball game...both teams make money...the fans get a good show...the vendors and park owners make money...the players get physical and mental exercise...and usually no one gets hurt. This is Constructive Competition.

When two countries go to war...both sides endure horrible atrocities, hardships, wounds, fatalities, loss of property, etc, etc. The bastards who started the damn war...and financed both sides...get obscenely wealthy with blood money...and make even more money financing the rebuilding of both sides. This is Destructive Competition.

Constructive Competition. Oxymoron...or Wave of the Future?

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 04-16-2009 at 11:25 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #21
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Anchor;126700]Doing that would be interesting, but the way most people are in the first world soon there would be dog-eat-dog again, rich exploiting poor, and critically : people not taking responsibility for thier actions.

To me constructive competition is an oxymoron. In a competetive situation, one man's gain is anothers loss - why is that a good thing

I disagree a little with that ,thinking that most humans left on their own
volition would not abuse another human if not the system set up
by the minority that don't have that ethic or spiritual aversion
to hurt or abuse other humans .and the system is set up
to sugest a lack or not enoughnes of stuf be it energy or food
brainwashing us into believing this lie ,so we can then attack one another
fighting for survival in this dog eats dog terrarium
and in effect behaving as animalistic and brutal as the sadistic minority
by now fat in spoils and power taken by any means no mater how inhuman .

all the while there is enough for each of us .There is enough energy
in the Universe ,one can only can look up is starry nite to know that ,
enough information on any subject ,and enough Love
which is what in the end energy in this Universe is .so no need to fight
or to panic ,that is exactly what enemy of common man wants ,
the doom and gloom stories the more the better for PTP
to keep us where we are ,under tight control .
jazzgad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:30 AM   #22
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

what i want for this world ... what i feel may be beneficial ...

is for everyone to take responsibility for their thoughts ... words ... and actions ...

for us all to realize that who we are ... is who another is ...

that we truly are one ... with each other ... and this earth ...

that what we direct at others ... we directly receive within our selves ...

for us all to realize ... we are the creators of this world ...

our thoughts ... words and actions create the world in which we live ...

that every moment we are here experiencing this life ...

we are creating a world for our children's children ...

to realize we are that powerful ...

if we could all speak less ... listen more ...

listen to others ... listen to this earth ... listen to the silence within us ...

to unhinge our selves from past emotions ... to unleash our stories ...

for they are of the past ... to release our selves from the fear of what was ...

for they block our selves ... from experiencing fully ...

the now ...

to realize there is only forward movement ...

and to not have expectations of the future ...

to allow ... and trust ... and create ... but not expect ...

expectations remove us from our ability to create freely ...

and such we hand our power over to another ...

for us all to realize the divine power we have within us ...

and to utilize such power for the good of all ...

in selflessness ...

for us all to realize we are not alone ... that we have each other ...

and to support each other ... in wisdom ... and in kindness ...

and respect ...

to allow another's truth ... with understanding ... without ego ...

to conclude fuelling fear within us ... to know we do not live within limitations ...

that our limitations are only our fears ... our illusion ...

that we are not contained by them ...

that we are free ... free to soar to the highest peaks of our being ...

and to love ... without conditions ... our selves and others ...

to love this earth ...

our home ...

unconditionally ...

to not place parameters upon how we love ... and how much we love ...

for love is infinite ...

we are the love we seek ...

it is within our being ... we are beings of light and love ...

we are infinite ...

as infinite is our love ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:38 AM   #23
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

if I can make a few wishes.

food and shelter would be a right not a privilage. land would not be for sale and natural resorces would be a nonprofet. and so would health care. and the people would know the truth. that would be a start.

the rest should work itself out.

Last edited by dagon; 04-17-2009 at 03:42 AM.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #24
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member

I want the taboo to be against self interest at the expense of others so that we can have a chance to see how much better it can work when we all have each others' backs. And I agree, responsibility is key, but we all need some help occasionally to make the right choices.
cantaloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #25
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

Futureyes ............ you are a seer
you truely are gifted at stringing together
words into sentences into paragraphs into messages
which reach out and touch
and evoke emotion

we are so happy you are in our gang not to mention lucky

from Roger Waters