Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
TheRebel
Avalon Senior Member

Default India to Have Own Panel on Climate Change

It is interesting to note that India will soon be forming its own panel of leading scientists parallel to IPCC as it does not want to rely completely on IPCC. Union Environmental Minister Mr. Jairam Ramesh has indicated that India is not satisfied with the work done by IPCC in terms of climate change, especially the dates of melting Himalayan Glaciars..

"There is a fine line between climate science and climate evangelism. I am all for climate science but not for climate evangelism. I think people misused the IPCC report," Ramesh told a news channel here. Stressing that the IPCC's weakness was that it didn't do original research and derives assessments from published literature, the minister announced a climate change panel for India. He said that IPCC has "had goof-ups on the glaciers, on the Amazon, on the snow peaks." However, he added that the IPCC with a network of 200 scientists worldwide was "a responsible body"

Couple of weeks before, Indian Environmental Ministry has conducted its own study into Himalayan glaciers and found out that IPCC claims are not accurate.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...ow/5535830.cms
TheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: India to Have Own Panel on Climate Change

That certainly is interesting and I am very curious as to the outcome of this.

I also wonder if it will make a difference as we all know if its a panel of honest men and women it should
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
TheRebel
Avalon Senior Member

I personally believe it would make difference; as I am from India and it is widely known that how India's role in international institutions; and because of India's foreign policy; it is still away from UN security council permanent membership. India has always protected the interests of developing countries in UN, WTO, and recently, at Copenhagen as well.

When recently, Union Environment Ministry published its own study about Himalayan glaciers and refuted the claims of IPCC, which said that glaciers would melt by 2035...After this report, i emailed Union Minister Mr. Jairam Ramesh about his good work and congratulated him, and also gave him some information about global warming, and I am really happy to see that they are going in right direction now....
TheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

This looks like very good news, thankyou for posting
aroundthetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Hopefully they bring in Hoagland / Wilcock to present the info on how the other planets are changing as well. I would not hold my breath though.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote