Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Slver buys food and supplies in California!

Just searched for silver and this movie came up

Interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xnIFzP2bTY

You obviously can't eat gold or silver but some people will trade it... but here this guy shows that precious metals is the next best thing to having supplies... If there are any left in the shops

An interesting discussion on a similar subject:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfolhbwBCB8

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 01-24-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: addition of info
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Slver buys food and supplies in California!

Awesome video... copy the video and send it to every business owner in every country!!!!

Probably only franchises and large conglomerates will not participate.... so I guess the shopping would have to be done with the local mom and pops. And the locals can remain stocked up with local goods and services from the people of their own community.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Yup. All of this guy's videos are quite good. You can see links on www.inflation.us. This type of ground reporting is what we really need right now because we're not going to get this information from any "official" source and unfortunately, we're also not going to get it from any economist who knows what's going on because it's a reflection of how people are adapting to the current times: this is not the type of information that will show up on a statistic or survey.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

A counter report:

a month ago, I tried to make a "certain type" of purchase, offering a $20 silver piece for equal value "in kind". T'was an experiment, to see just what kind of reaction I'd get.

My solid silver, US minted coin sat there un-taken for nearly 2 weeks! The guy who finally took it acted like he was doing me a huge favor.

My silver stash went back in the safe. Wherever it is we're headin', we ain't there yet.

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote