Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

Default Im sure Kerry will love this

yet another "bad aliens" out to get us ala "V"
is it any wonder you never see a "good guy" alien series, this goes right along with kerrys whole "were at war" deal. its too bad spielberg is involved, at least he gave us ET and close encounters many years ago.

"Untitled Alien-Invasion Series

In this series from DreamWorks Television, Noah Wyle will star as the leader of a rag-tag group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force. The project is being executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, along with DreamWorks Television heads Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank and screenwriter Robert Rodat. Rodat, who earned an Oscar nomination for his screenplay for Saving Private Ryan, wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg. The pilot was directed by Carl Franklin (One False Move, Out of Time).

"This series has the potential to be one of the most exciting and provocative shows on television," Wright said. "It grabs your heart and mind from the start and doesn't let go. It combines personal human drama with dynamic action to create the kind of series people will be talking about the morning after. We are especially thrilled to be working once again with Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Television, as well as Noah Wyle and the extremely talented cast of veterans and newcomers around him."

The series opens shortly after aliens have wiped out most of the human population. The aliens are now rounding up the few people left, but they are met with strong resistance from a group of soldiers and civilians who fight for their survival all while struggling to maintain their humanity.

Wyle plays Tom Mason, a former college history professor who becomes the reluctant leader of one of the resistance groups. Also starring in the series are Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) as Anne Glass, a therapist who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic situation; Drew Roy (Lincoln Heights) as Hal and Maxim Knight (Brothers & Sisters) as Matt, Tom's two sons; Jessy Schram (Crash) as Karen, who is one of the survivors' motorcycle scouts; and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) as Lourdes, an orphaned teenager who helps run the group's commissary. "

-clark

http://superstrangeland.blogspot.com/
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:53 AM   #2
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Im sure Kerry will love this

Oh my....

I fell asleep right after "...a rag-tag group of soldiers and civilians..."

this whole concept desperately needs Mel Brooks...

"...a rag-tag group of very strict bus-boys and over-sexed librarians...."

NOW we got something!

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:05 AM   #3
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Regarding "V"...I have high hopes regarding Anna and her daughter. The guy who is always with Anna gives me the creeps though. I continue to think that the DUMB's, Secret Space Program, Extraterrestrials, Gods and Goddesses, Angels and Demons, Reptilians and Greys...are a mixture of good and evil...and a continuation of an ancient "War in Heaven". I sense that Bill and Kerry are genuinely trying to reveal what's really going on...rather than a sugar-coated version. I like "V" so far...and I love Stargate SG-1...which delves into exotic science, Egyptology, good and evil aliens...in the context of a non-horrific DUMB and a Secret Stargate Program. I think that watching this sort of thing is very good for helping us face a Brave New Universe. The best science fiction adventures for me...are the ones I conjure up in my imagination...which are based upon contactee and whistleblower claims...combined with Theology and Egyptology...and Hollywood productions. I think that Steven has known the whole story for decades. I keep saying I want to have a beer with Lucifer when this mess gets resolved...but more recently I have considered the possibility of having a beer with Gabriel, Michael, and Lucifer...who just might be 9 foot tall Draconian Reptilians. We could go to the Star Bar from Star Wars! Siriusly! I think these three names are extremely important regarding Universal and Earth History...and regarding the major factions who have been in conflict for thousands of years. I'm still trying to figure out who's in charge of Gizeh Intelligence...and who's really behind the New World Order.

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-22-2010 at 05:26 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
Oh my....

I fell asleep right after "...a rag-tag group of soldiers and civilians..."

this whole concept desperately needs Mel Brooks...

"...a rag-tag group of very strict bus-boys and over-sexed librarians...."

NOW we got something!

Fred
You know I was thinking Monty Python and the ETs (Eternity Tuggers)

A few musical numbers

Don't let them eat your brains
Whistle while the grey matter drains

(humm ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE for the above)

Weird morning....scuse the intrustion

Peace SG
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
yet another "bad aliens" out to get us ala "V"
is it any wonder you never see a "good guy" alien series, this goes right along with kerrys whole "were at war" deal. its too bad spielberg is involved, at least he gave us ET and close encounters many years ago.

"Untitled Alien-Invasion Series

In this series from DreamWorks Television, Noah Wyle will star as the leader of a rag-tag group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force. The project is being executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, along with DreamWorks Television heads Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank and screenwriter Robert Rodat. Rodat, who earned an Oscar nomination for his screenplay for Saving Private Ryan, wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg. The pilot was directed by Carl Franklin (One False Move, Out of Time).

"This series has the potential to be one of the most exciting and provocative shows on television," Wright said. "It grabs your heart and mind from the start and doesn't let go. It combines personal human drama with dynamic action to create the kind of series people will be talking about the morning after. We are especially thrilled to be working once again with Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Television, as well as Noah Wyle and the extremely talented cast of veterans and newcomers around him."

The series opens shortly after aliens have wiped out most of the human population. The aliens are now rounding up the few people left, but they are met with strong resistance from a group of soldiers and civilians who fight for their survival all while struggling to maintain their humanity.

Wyle plays Tom Mason, a former college history professor who becomes the reluctant leader of one of the resistance groups. Also starring in the series are Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) as Anne Glass, a therapist who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic situation; Drew Roy (Lincoln Heights) as Hal and Maxim Knight (Brothers & Sisters) as Matt, Tom's two sons; Jessy Schram (Crash) as Karen, who is one of the survivors' motorcycle scouts; and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) as Lourdes, an orphaned teenager who helps run the group's commissary. "

-clark

http://superstrangeland.blogspot.com/
I haven't seen it but may I say this is more programing to achieve exactly what TPTB want, wipe us out

AVATAR at least has a more positive message, not ideal but better

Maybe we should boicot them and stop watching their programing and concentrate in working out why we are creating this scenarios that are somehow already percolating into reality i.e. global cooling after "the day after tomorrow" and cataclisms after "2012"

Love
PS lets be wild, lets see ourselved in utopia
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardustaquarion View Post
PS lets be wild, lets see ourselved in utopia
i couldnt agree more!!!
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote