Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:21 AM   #26
celestine420
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Time to Infuse Terence McKenna into Camelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaLove View Post

My findings?
After several weeks of exploring different time lines i found it inconsistent but still managed to line up here and there with major events.
but even a broken clock is right twice a day eh

[/INDENT]
I've made this point on other forums but I will reiterate it here:

There is a decent chance that what goes on behind close doors, within secret organizations and societies and in the "black projects"; may be so massive in the novelty scale that it overshadows known events in the fractal confines of the timewave.

In other words, maybe the absence of major events on the timewave graph is evidence that we the public have absolutely no idea of what's really going on in our own time.
celestine420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #27
physics envy
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a link to a site that provides a few Timewave Zero calculators based on different versions of the I Ching (as well as Ben Franklin's magic square).

http://www.timewave2012.com/

There may be many others out there as well...this was just one I happened across doing a quick search.
physics envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #28
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Self-transforming machine elves ?

A..
Wiki: a term coined by the late ethnobotanist, writer and philosopher Terence McKenna to describe the apparent entities that some people claimed to become aware of after having taken tryptamine based psychedelic drugs, especially DMT.[1] References to such encounters can be found in many cultures ranging from shamanic traditions of Native Americans to indigenous Australians and African tribes, as well as among Western users of these substances.[2]

Culture May Be Encoded in DNA
By Lizzie Buchen - May 3, 2009
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...ngbirdculture/
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #29
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Brook already added one link here to other pages on the forum. That one is called

The Singularity
09-13-2009, 07:51 AM

More discussions:

Terrence McKenna - Ground Crew Pioneer.
dayzero - 11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...rrence+mckenna

Terence Mckenna :: Timewave Zero.
Antaletriangle - 09-13-2008, 11:33 AM
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...erence+Mckenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyShadow View Post
Also a good starting point for newbie's to McKenna is his talk on 'Culture is our Operating System'. That one really opened my eyes to some things!

Last edited by no caste; 12-27-2009 at 06:17 AM.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #30
WineHippie
Avalon Senior Member

terence is so cool, i have been listening to his presentations
as i fall asleep... i, too, love his voice and humor and speaking
rhythm... i have mentioned his time wave zero/i ching in other
posts, and while most gobble him up with enthusiasm, i have
had conversations with folks who dispute his theory and reference
starfire tor's time shift theory as throwing a major wrench into
the works.... for me, the jury is still out, as it is for so many
hypotheses out there..... for me, it is about tuning into higher
frequencies/vibrations so that i may discern more successfully.....
WineHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #31
carriblu
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestine420 View Post
I've made this point on other forums but I will reiterate it here:

There is a decent chance that what goes on behind close doors, within secret organizations and societies and in the "black projects"; may be so massive in the novelty scale that it overshadows known events in the fractal confines of the timewave.

In other words, maybe the absence of major events on the timewave graph is evidence that we the public have absolutely no idea of what's really going on in our own time.

I was just listening to terence today and thinking that if he had lived to see this decade, he would have considered it incredibly uneventful compared to what he expected. in the talk i was listening to called "Light of the 3rd Millenium" he figured that by 2004 or 5 eveyone would be hooked into some sort of artificial hyperspace grid through nanotechnology.

but then i thought something really similar to what you're saying, maybe all this novelty is going on behind the scenes. i wish terence was here to talk about all this and i wounder what he would say about this last decade. we really don't seem to be anywhere TOO far ahead of where we were ten years ago but maybe we are and i have missed it or it's happening in some way that we can't pick up on or see.

according to terence, humans took on the flow of novely in our advancement and creation of language and tools and culture and so on, so maybe something else has taken on the flow now, other than our flow of culture, maybe novely is being expressed through technology or art. or yea, the other option is that it is happening behind the scenes like you said which would also explain it.
carriblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #32
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=carriblu;218958]I was just listening to terence today and thinking that if he had lived to see this decade, he would have considered it incredibly uneventful compared to what he expected. in the talk i was listening to called "Light of the 3rd Millenium" he figured that by 2004 or 5 eveyone would be hooked into some sort of artificial hyperspace grid through nanotechnology.

http://www.nanotechproject.org/inven...se/categories/

Maybe we are

Just not quite in the way he envisioned!

El
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote