Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #51
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: !!! Threadstorm !!!

Quote by Anchor
Quote:
We are one.

Namaste

A..
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
Spoken as a true gentleman.
Quote:
(posted by The Exchanger):

thumbs up, like a true gentleman

to both of you
Quote:
The damage has been done already!...
Susan has read it!
So it is TOO LATE!

You see, GOPL, no damage done, so no reason to panic.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:22 AM   #52
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Trancoso said:

"What I want to debate is:
Should there be a limit on the amount of new threads one person may start in a 24 hour time period?
Just to avoid somebody launches a 'Threadstorm'. (Another new word & also mine, but this one I'm willing to share!)"

To answer, I don't think a rule such as this makes sense. Firstly, I don't know that it's possible. Perhaps there is a provision in the vbulletin software to facilitate it. But secondly, rules feel more and more obsolete to me now. It's like we ought to be spending our time removing all the myriad rules and laws and statutes and what have you that have been piled on, century after century.

It's always a minority who abuse the lack of a rule to take personal advantage, yet the rules then seek to govern everyone.

On the other hand, I don't see the threadstorm in question as a positive for the forum either. If anything, I think it added more confusion than just leaving the empty threads resting in peace. They were resurrected without explanation or warning. They just started to arrive. And without explanation, they allowed many to believe that they were current threads, with current news, when in fact, many were news from a year ago. I read peoples responses and they seemed to think that the thread titles reflected something happening right now. And there were a couple who seemed to think, based on their responses, that links in the "current" prior posts, had "already" been removed, when in fact they had simply died of old age.

I don't really know what that was all about, but I acknowledge Trancoso's right to bring it up, as it was really weird and disruptive.

I can't see it ever happening again, so don't see a need for a rule about it. I don't think anyone else has hundreds of their prior posts in need of restoration.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:39 AM   #53
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I don't think anyone else has hundreds of their prior posts in need of restoration.

You ain't seen nothing yet, MyPlanet2.
I've got thousands in store for you.
Just hired 15 (wo)man to edit them.
January 2, mark that day in your agenda!
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote