Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #351
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

I starved my ego by not giving it any fine degrees at all the right schools -- all that it wanted I denied it -- it was a battle royale, but i won
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #352
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi
I posted this on Gnosis5 thread regarding spiritual teachers
and thought it worth putting here.

"Think it all depends on your spiritual energy and end goal.
Dr David Hawkins has developed a map of consciousness.

http://www.veritaspub.com/

Thats his publishers website.

He teaches that we all have an individual level of verifiable spiritual energy.
Can be checked by Kinesology testing, as can other things, as long as the question is integretous.

For example on his scale of consciousness Jesus, Krishna, The Buddha all calibrate at 1000, enlightenment 600, unconditional love 540.
He states that as long as a teacher calibrates over 200, the level of integrity, then thats a valid teaching.
Also he maintains in the book "Truth versus Falsehood" that it is essential you test the level of the teacher because you are trusting your soul to them.

A student at a calibrated level of 400, the intellect, would relate to a teacher in the 400,s well but might have problems with a teacher in the 600s
It is essential to know that one level is as good as another, it just denotes/qualifies the work to be done in this life time, the obstacles to be overcome.

If the goal is enlightenment then it is imperative to read books by those who are in that state or those who were before exiting the world. Christ, The Buddha, Krishna, more recent Nasargadatta. Ramana, Ramesh Balsekar, (Recent ones all 750)
Still of this world, Dr David Hawkins Eckhart Tolle, there will be others but there are only about thirty fully enlightened beings in the world at this time according to Dr Hawkins, awakened is not fully enlightened.

There is a situation where by proximity with the enlightened teacher there is a transference of energy vibration from auric field of the the Sage to auric field of the student. This is called also the Grace of the guru. This raising of spiritual energy will assist the student greatly.

Hawkins says devotion is due only to God, respect your teacher but dont be a devotee, it will hold you back as you have assumed an identity.
Buddha said "Put no head above your own" good advice as all are equal in the eyes of God.

Regards Chris "
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #353
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi tintagelcave
I really enjoyed your sharing.
Thanks
Chris
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #354
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks again for the David Hawkins assistance. Sounds like a good diagnostic tool. Currently I get my independent diagnostics from this lady:

http://angel-light-love-healing.blogspot.com/

I believe she uses a pendulum to assist her "knowingness".

cheers!
Gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #355
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Trainedobserver
as part of our discussion I would like to run this by you.

Taking it that an atom is alive because it is in movement.
Stones are alive because they are composed of atoms, however they are not conscious that I know of anyway.
Studies seem to prove that plants are conscious because they react to being loved by humans or react to being about to be "injured" ie tomatoes featured in such an experiment.

Now taking your theory that perhaps humans were engineered in labs.
I can see thats its possible to modify change life to varying degrees but I know of no case where life was created from scratch. There has to be some existing life form ie the atom to process into whatever.
To my "mind" consciousness can come into form but it cant be created, it does not need form as out of body experiences seem to suggest. Some people have recall of previous lives, young children have been know to give very specific detail of places unknown to them in this life.

There may be aliens of extreme intelligence but I doubt if even they could create life/consciousness from absolutely nothing.
Therefore I believe in a creator which I call God.

With respect for all points of view
Chris
ps I dont personally need external proof, subjective experience is beyond intellect and beyond mind which will die with the body. Experience of course needs mind so its not the right word, There is just a nonverbal knowing.

Last edited by greybeard; 02-05-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #356
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dr. David Hawkins on a belief system versus an experiential subjective reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNJUfCBtU20

I pasted this from Gnosis5 thread regarding spiritual teachers
thanks Gnosis5
Old 02-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #357
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #358
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Taking it that an atom is alive because it is in movement.
I don't know that I buy into "movement" equating to "life".

Quote:
To my "mind" consciousness can come into form but it cant be created, it does not need form as out of body experiences seem to suggest.
I think medical science and the study of the human nervous system demonstrates that consciousness is a function of a living brain. Altering the brain alters the consciousness. Failure of the physical structure of the brain causes consciousness to collapse. OOB experiences are illusions I am afraid. I have seen no verifiable evidence that OOBs actually occur. I have discussed this with people who claim to have OOBs and they refuse to run simple experiments which would prove it.

Quote:
Some people have recall of previous lives, young children have been know to give very specific detail of places unknown to them in this life.
There could be several explanations for this beyond a recycled "soul" or "spirit" (which I am sure you realize I do not "believe in"). Personally I find the idea of reincarnation to be truly a horror almost beyond words.

Quote:
There may be aliens of extreme intelligence but I doubt if even they could create life/consciousness from absolutely nothing.
Therefore I believe in a creator which I call God.
Why not call it Jimmy? But seriously, why? Something like that would by definition be "alien" to the planet Earth and perhaps the Universe. Your labeling such a creature "God" assumes attributes that are unnecessary for its existence and operation. If there is a creator does it deserve reverence, worship, and devotion or would it even desire them? Why would we assume so? Could someone or something "lie" about being the creator or about representing the creator? How could we tell? We could not.

There is no difference between saying there is an eternal omnipotent being that has no beginning and no end and saying that the universe itself has no beginning and no end. Absolutely none. The universe, strictly speaking, does not require a "creator" as the human imagination has constructed such a being.

That's what I'm thinking anyway. Cheers. Smoke 'em if you got 'em and so forth.

Last edited by trainedobserver; 02-05-2010 at 05:54 PM.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #359
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Trainedobserver
havent experienced out of body myself but the Munro Institute used to teach it.
If we can believe stories, Goverment agencies CIA etc are suposed to have remote viewers to spy on the "enemy". Not sure about that one.

As for prayer the Sages say God dosent need or desire anything as He is complete.
The prayer is for our benefit in order partly to cultivate humility. The ego cant stand humility.

God is just s name and is not a subjective reality.
The god of the old testement was a paranoid judgmental dictator, the view of god has evolved over the years and still flawed.
You cant apply any human concept to God in my opinion.

Universes come and go.

Have a look at the Dr Hawkins link above its short.
He is very zen like and in you face so to speak.

His "intellectual " explanations are very profound, He was reading Plato and the like in his pre teens, searching for truth even at that age.

Anyway as long as you are happy its a "So what"

Have fun
Chris

ps the thinkingness links supplied by mudra are Dr Hawkins audio.

Last edited by greybeard; 02-05-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #360
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
I don't know that I buy into "movement" equating to "life".

what is the matter

compositions of energized point particles

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed

but both Nature and Man can manipulate and transform it

if Energy cannot be created

then Who did

Come on Say it with me

God

Hereby not only His Handiwork

but Himself

are Proven beyond a reasonable doubt

RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #361
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

RedeZra
you said it -- clear and concise.
I get the essence of things but I cant all ways articulate it.
I really enjoy your visits.
Chris
Namaste
Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #362
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

RedeZra,

Why would there need to be someone to create or destroy anything? As I've stated before it is just as easy to say and "believe" that the universe and everything in it has always existed as it is to say it was created by a being who always existed.

Human beings can imagine practically anything ...it doesn't mean it is so. I spent over 35 years or so believing in a god RedeZra so I think I understand the concept pretty well. I simply no longer can justify such a belief. Since a search for truth begins with personal honesty I had to abandon my unjustifiable beliefs in the supernatural, god, and gods. I really don't think all the little quipy quotes and clever turns of phrases in the world could change that.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #363
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=trainedobserver;234015]RedeZra,

Why would there need to be someone to create or destroy anything? As I've stated before it is just as easy to say and "believe" that the universe and everything in it has always existed as it is to say it was created by a being who always existed.

Trainedobserver
First I respect your honesty and integrity.
Does time even exist? I dont know.

Its all a puzzle to me.
Universes come into existence then decay
New universes are being formed and the current universe is expanding.
Things happen at the speed of light. All by chance? I dont know.

Ramana said "There is no creation or dissolution"
Perhaps the mind is dreaming it all. And thats ok.

The Sages say uniformly. We existed before all universes and will exist after all universes dissolve.
The in breath and the out breath of God.
Indras dream.
So many paradoxes in spirituality.

However

All I know is that against all odds I am sober, alive, well and in good humour.
I can ask for nothing more and it is my choice to believe that through a Higher Power I am in this state.

I am as I said happy for you to believe whatever you wish to believe.
Whatever turns you on, whatever works for you.

Regards Chris
Old 02-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #364
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

"Every phenomena that exists is a creation of thought; therefore I need but empty my mind to discover that all of them are void."

Huang Po

Love Always
mudra
Old 02-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #365
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

"The ultimate Truth is beyond words. Doctrines are words. They're not the Way. The Way is wordless. Words are Illusions."

Bodhidharma, founder of Zen

Love Always
mudra
Old 02-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #366
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote from the book " I _ Relativity and Subjectivity" By Dr David Hawkins, MD., Ph.D.

"Having lost the innocence of the Oneness of nonduality, the human was then saddled with a defective ego/mind that was without protection from error due to its inability to recognize the presence or absence of Truth. The minds limitations of dualistic perception marked the nature of the fall from Grace.
Instantly the ego was labeled as sin since it marked the loss of innocence of nondualistic vision, which is represented by the innocence of the Garden of Eden. The basis for human suffering is seen to be the birth of the ego via the the onset of dualistic perception which operates with the impairment of positionalities.
This results in the illusion of pairs of opposites which culminates in suffering, sickness and death.

Q: What is the reality of seeming opposites of good and evil?
A: They are not opposites but alternatives and merely graduations along a common basis of choice.
like temperature there are only degrees. There is no such thing as cold versus hot; they are not opposites but only graduations.
Evil represents not the opposite of love but the absence of love."

This is a short extract but Hawkins use of language is very precise.
Its my belief that he is a present day Mystic and coming from a back ground of being a professional Psychiatrist if anyone knows about the mechanism of the ego he does in my opinion.

Have a look at the videos posted by Mudra that brief ex certs from cds of him.

If you are new to this thread welcome.
Please start page one as there are great posts with a mix of view points, Well worth the effort of reading.
Regards Chris
Old 02-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #367
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #368
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Mudra for your input.
Yes I believe it as said in the quotations you posted.
Eckhart said. " There never was anyone there to do anything to you"
Now and again he reveals "Absolute Truth" however most are not ready for that so to my mind he meets people where they are to begin with, giving "practical solutions" for being in the illusion then slowly leads one out of it. even if only the practical solutions are sought then a raising of consciousness through being more positive is bound to occur.
All to the good.
Hawkins dosent give an inch so to speak after "Power versus Force which is for the intellect with glimpses of the ultimate, the next few books are really going deep into the world of the Mystic-- nonduality.

I enjoy all your threads know exactly what I am going to find when I visit, Peace and Love in action - or is it non-action? - smiling broadly.

Chris
Namaste
Old 02-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #369
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

You are right Chris .
I read somewhere that it is'nt because we have mastered the game that we give up the game.
I believe we are all exactly where we need to be expressing Consciousness in our own peculiar ways.
The ocean of Consciousness has many ripples giving it momentum and yet out of " no time " the ocean it is always the same.

Love for You
mudra
Old 02-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #370
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 02-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #371
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post

God is not a being as Self is not someone

It is the Only One Always

Being Aware in Bliss

I Am That I Am

the Universe is an Appearance of Self as the Body of God

by the power of imagination we believe ourselves to be separate and distinct from this and that

there is no mine and thine no me and you and there is the Universe

God as Self is Everything Everywhere Ever

so who are you and who am I and what is the Universe

Come on Say it with me

God
Old 02-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #372
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

I'm a little late coming in this thread... definitely have not even attempted to read the entirety but I just want to say what I've come to understand for myself, as simply as possible in hopes that it clicks with someone else.

The ego mind for me, is thinking that my subjective perspective is better or more astute than what the big picture expresses in itself.

From where I'm standing, things are relative to me. When I catch myself thinking this way, I always remind myself that life is bigger than me!
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #373
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi dddanieljjjamesss
Thanks for your contribution.
Well said.
Chris
Old 02-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #374
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddanieljjjamesss View Post
The ego mind for me, is thinking that my subjective perspective is better or more astute than what the big picture expresses in itself.

in the Dream

I cut the Big picture

into puzzle pieces on the floor

and went to work

to rearrange the pieces

but there are plenty of pieces

and the Night's too short

Last edited by RedeZra; 02-06-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #375
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Me, me, me , ME ! Can I have one.. ? Sir, please , please please ., oh pllleeeaaseee !!!

What is it you're giving away ???

Oh, ego ? Sorry.. I've got the wrong thread.. I'm hanging on to mine....

Whooooo ! Whehasahhhh !!

Look at all those cool things you can do with it... like, er... ...

well, it always tells you when you're late for a start !

And...er.. when it's time to shut up... like... er now....

Thanks for the continuing story Greybeard... just my way of saying thanks...

K

P.S. Reading The power of Now... erm.. Now ! fansastic. Every ego should have a copy.
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote