Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #51
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: To the founders of Avalon2: Think and feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Stay strong

Love from me
mudra

You know it hahahahaa!!!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #52
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Ok, I will begin by explaining why I have not posted more than 10 words in the last week, or so.

It can best be explained by the fact that when I went to the "New Posts" page, this morning, 12 out of the first 25 threads were nothing but sniveling, whiny, ill-informed, ill-meant posts by the REAL people who have destroyed this form.

Congratulations! The two-faced, back-stabbers and their uncanny ability to kick a sick dog in the stomach, when it isn't looking, has really shown me the path, and behavior of the truly enlightened.

Next!
Now that I have already run off everyone with absolutely no interest in them... allow me to provide some actual AV2 facts:

1. PM's and personal pages:
Yes! There are "personal pages, where people can mark each other as friends, share quips, quotes, pictures, links, just like this place.

Now, I know just what all the good-hearted, trusting people here will say, "Oh he is possessed by Satan, or his bride, or hell why not... he IS Satan himself, the father of liars". So... while I attempt to straighten a few things out, I will provide fake photographic evidence, to prove it.

Exhibit A:

Boy, if I didn't know better that looks like a "personal page", of someone else, with a message on it, from me. But wait... it gets better.

You have the ability to not only "have a page" to share, it has 3 additional things (I've found so far) to boot:
  1. You can have a collection of things there which are visible to everyone.
  2. You can have things in a "private section" NOT visible to everyone.
  3. You even have a third place where you can store notes and links solely for yourself!
Finally, yes you can send PM's to anyone on the forum!

2. Guidelines:
Quote:
I won`t refer to all rules/guidelines of Avalon 2.
Just this - too rigorous!
First of all, I read the guidelines page as well. I've been looking at "forum guidelines" pages for about 11 years now, and I don't see much that is different from any other one. Yes, they are about a page, and a half long, but they get that way, when you are forced to pry something as simple as:
"If you don't know how to act like a guest in someone's home, use the door, or we'll have to show it to you."
into language any Internet Lawyer can pour over for hours, and hours, looking for loopholes that give them, and only them the right to act like a complete jerk.

I see nothing in these, I haven't seen in many other forums. and YES, that includes reserving the right to either alter, or delete anyone's post, any time, for any reason. I'll also say that, from my experience, a forum that doesn't do that, probably lasts 10-30 days.

Next, let me take the opportunity to add that, for those who think Mists Of Avalon is God's own answer to this, there are already posts over there complaining about threads being (gasp!) deleted, and threads being edited by the mods.

Wait! I just checked. Not only are several threads missing, but the thread complaining about missing, and edited threads is missing too! Aw gee. paradise lost, so soon.

Quote:
Mudra;
There isn't any Spirituality subdivision either in PA2.
Well, Mudra said it, so it must be true, right? So...

I guess there is no Spirituality section, and there isn't already 5 posts in it, including one of mine.

While I am on that, Mudra...
Didn't you decide this place was unworthy of your continued attention, so you were leaving 3 days ago ? Yet here you are, posting in one of the "Let's beat a dead horse" threads... still.

I also notice that the special section, at M.O.Av. with your name on it was also deleted in the last 15 minutes (6:15 PDT).

Let me ask all the AV 2 detractors a simple question:
Were any of you logged in while you were there?

You see, much isn't visible yet, to people who aren't logged in. That also is a management decision. You see when someone pays for someplace to exist then, just like their home, they can do things like that.

Understanding this though, would take one of two things:
1. Having a bit of trust or faith in what Bill Ryan intends, and waiting.
2. Being a guest in someone's home.

It has been very hard for me to keep my mouth shut, while people I once had respect for, have used zero information, bad information, assumptions, even assumptions made by others, and outright lies and pettiness to make a place I really loved, into something I still love, now covered with bovine excrement; and laughing while they did it.

But I gave my word to keep quiet on many subjects until PA 2 development was farther along. I kept that promise. Meanwhile people I once respected lined up around the block to pee on someone elses tree, "out of respect".

This explains why this post isn't full of "sweetness and light". Trust me, it is no form of apology, either. I'll save that for Bill Ryan, if he thinks I was out of line here.

I do wonder what happened to people practicing a little faith, and trust. Has gratitude come up, lately?

I'm done.
Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat

Last edited by Fredkc; 03-16-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:03 AM   #53
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

So I take it that most of you humbly accept an invitation to participate in Avalon 2, whereby you also sanction the way in which this Palace Revolution has been accomplished?

No, but... Yes, but... No, but...

Free will, free choice, free dumb.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #54
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
So I take it that most of you humbly accept an invitation to participate in Avalon 2, whereby you also sanction the way in which this Palace Revolution has been accomplished?
I'm actually completely disgusted, there has been a major revolt, people pounded to stakes and burned, names smeared friends that have tore out each others throats...

and what was all this mess over?

a new piece of software that's all it comes down to...

we haven't changed, we are the same ones that have been here from the beginning.

getting over the pain of a disagreement is easy but black eyes take a little longer to heal...

it's time we started.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:21 AM   #55
Agape
Avalon Senior Member

My vision of this place was one meant for free people, free thinkers, who don't have to be taught culture as kids do .

Guidelines should be the technical upper limit, something no one needs usually.

To be guest-in-someones-home on internet can be compromising and suggests there will be always some parent-like figures around .

It's not that any of the MODs or ADMINs do ANY wrong. It's simply that under too much mind controls, most people end up behaving like puppets.

The stage has been set up........

A
Agape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #56
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape View Post
To be guest-in-someones-home on internet can be compromising and suggests there will be always some parent-like figures around .

A
does it take a parental figure for you not to throw a cigarette on the carpet and crush it in?

maybe you prefer peter pan no parents just kids eating candy and drinking soda no rules no bed times...

There is a thing called responsibility, you don't need to be an adult to understand.

and if a child is welcomed into another's home just because the parents are still working doesn't mean they can't abide by simple rules like kicking off their shoes at the door.

If they leave big old muddy tracks walking around the home in their shoes do you think they will be invited back?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:06 AM   #57
BraveHeart
Unsubscribed

Its obvious what's going on here, the "click' will be invited over to the dark Avalon, I mean avalon2, where this new Avalon will have much tighter post restrictions, where humor will be frowned upon, differing opinions unacceptable, un suitable avatars removed due to new rule restrictions, and the content strictly policed and monitored to ensure everyone will conform to the new standards of this form of Internet chat.

Its no wonder quality members have left in droves or been forced to move or silenced, but having the old Avalon been made a "read only" and all removed posts mysteriously brought back to life will continue capturing the unsuspecting researchers to the dark side whom are truth seeking only to find this cleverly planned material online.

Sounds like the new world order has arrived in Avalon big time, but Avalon showed its hand by allowing the Poohban , sorry thuban soul catching program infiltrate and seduce the weak and uninformed, not to mention the hundreds of guest who visit the site daily. Yes the re writers of history have yet again shown themselves using mass deception as their tool. Having this thread continue after page one was confirmation alone.

So the breaking up of bill and kerry shows what really is going on behind the scenes, and watching the fiasco transcend itself with the banning of members and behind the scenes " in the mists/ smurf " campaign tells the whole story. Looks like the people in charge of the forum have found themselves being under control of some other source.

People are so angry because they feel they will have no place to chat (confusion unable to connect the dots), this is an another example of the loss free will, loss of sovereignty, people so upset at having the floor removed underneath them is a common theme in life why should this website be any different. A meeting place for like minded was a dangerous concept but in typical illuminati fashion, soon infiltrated.

Avalon is the guinea pig it seems, the trial run of the new world order has arrived and people are all too happy to accept (young souls opening arms in complete ignorance) as they fear they will be lost and will comply through complete victim consciousness.

Congratulations people you have been made !!

Blessings
BraveHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:15 AM   #58
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Well Braveheart let's think of it this way.

You have incredibly important news to share with the world you should be allowed a thread to lay out important facts and how it all came together.

Do you want 5000 other nonsense posts thrown in to bury the important truths you are sharing.

it goes both ways what I have watched is complete disruption over the last few months and I myself would rather see someone like you share what you have with the world in a concise hard fact read for those who are following.

Garbage be gone... I'm all for it
Old 03-16-2010, 03:27 AM   #59
BraveHeart
Unsubscribed

So why is it, people with information are prevented from continuing ?? Hmmm gee

A wise man once told me," truth is always presented in a BS sandwich, its only the non ignorant whom can filter out the BS", problem is there is too many BS experts with opinions and not enough truth experts heard.

now go back in time and workout how the distruption come to pass,maybe we had a new partner anounced in avalon and also the forums was put into non pay format .... hmm just an observation

Blessings
Old 03-16-2010, 03:30 AM   #60
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
<rant>Ok, I will begin by explaining sniveling, whiny, ill-informed, ill-meant destroyed two-faced, back-stabbers kick a sick dog Satan or hell liars fake prove Boy complete jerk delete is God's complaining
Wait! right? So... </rant>

[pertinent section begins here]
is no Spirituality section, and there isn't already 5 posts in it, including one of mine.

While I am on that, unworthy of beat a dead horse detractors a simple question:
Were any of you logged in while you were there?

You see, much isn't visible yet, to people who aren't logged in.
[pertinent section ends here]

<rant>pays for trust shut, zero assumptions lies and pettiness loved bovine excrement gave my word to pee respect
I'm done.</rant>

Fred
Fred, please return to being somewhat reasonable. It should be clear to you that those of us incapable of logging in to PA2 can, in fact, not see the spirituality section. You hinted at this, let me verify it as someone that cannot log in. It is not present as read only.

I hope you don't take offense at my shortening of the rant part. A little humor can sometimes dispell anger. And perhaps you will recognize that this is how many people read posts loaded with so much negativity.

We can agree that the new house rules are not unusual. Enjoy your new forum.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:54 AM   #61
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart View Post
maybe we had a new partner announced in avalon and also the forums was put into non pay format .... hmm just an observation

Blessings
Well you know that might have been partially my fault, I had an incredible revelation and even though I hadn't been to Avalon in a year I hopped in to post and found out I couldn't so I appealed to someone dear to all of us to give me the freedom to speak...

Kerry said she would make it happen and suddenly the forum opened up again to the public, so all of you can blame that on me for believing I don't get paid to share my truths but then again don't feel I should pay money to be heard.

go ahead, tie me to a stake and set me on fire...
Old 03-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #62
BraveHeart
Unsubscribed

the throng of banned come rushing back, most members were calling it the troll society ....... but i was pointing out the reason why the forums was made available for all. kerry said it was financially not worth the effort ....... washing of the hands and letting it go so to speak, and here we are now.

Blessings
Old 03-16-2010, 04:08 AM   #63
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

I - for one - was glad to have it opened back up to free status. I have the experience to get a fairly good paying job, but that would have meant that I would have had to sacrifice the time needed to get help for my kids, so i chose to downgrade for awhile.

and I did start up a subscription, because I thought it was important to be here, but if truth were told- I would have rather put that money to better use by getting community awareness projects started...

xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:15 AM   #64
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart View Post
the throng of banned come rushing back

Blessings
no one was ever banned...

They were given time away to contemplate if they wanted to continue, those who came back understood they are a big part of Avalon, most would be considered the heart behind it that made it a great place to be.

you never heard me call anyone a troll, they were all a part of me that I greatly mist...
Old 03-16-2010, 04:25 AM   #65
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi all,

For those who think AV2 is going to be a dark place, an elitist run forum, will humour be allowed? (as suggested by swanny) then dont register, go elsewhere.

Of course none of the above is true so until you register to find out for your self you will not know for yourself. Some of you are hell bent in assuming it will not be the place for you. Just register and see, tho anyone, who from past posts experience show that they are distructive wont be invited and they are few. So register, then we invite you, if not already invited, remember there are several thousand members. As per Bill Ryans request for the forum.

Those who don't register then find another forum that you do like or perhaps start your own, no easy feat, Admins, Mods and yes $$$ amongst plenty of other issues.

As a Mod and a volunteer this job is not easy i assure you! especially when there are far more serious issue to attend to, like family, work, paying bills, tending to flood damage the last 2 weeks, maintaining relationships, keeping grounded, getting enough sleep, lawns and gardens that are in serious need of attention, etc, ect.

I'l remind some here that when a 'real crisis' rears it head in ones life, like serious injury, ill health, very sick children, death to close ones etc, then PA/AV2 will be the lest important thing on your mind, then, one is reminded of whats really important.

Peace to you all

Sincerely

Ross H
Old 03-16-2010, 04:25 AM   #66
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Why not leave the current Avalon forum...as is...and add Avalon 2? The current Avalon would be oriented toward those who wish to take off the gloves and get metaphysical ...while Avalon 2 would be oriented toward those who wish to hold hands and sing kumbaya. Then...make both forums $5/month. Additionally...have Avalon and Avalon 2 conferences...oriented toward each group. This would calm things down...and make everyone happier. Money may not be a spiritual consideration (I think it is)...but I'm thinking $250,000 gross and $125,000 net per year. Don't shoot the goose with the golden egg...and cook your own goose! But what do I know? Gotta match Rocky?

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 03-16-2010 at 04:30 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:29 AM   #67
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

Oliver , I appreciate you trying to downplay avalon 2. So my next question is who made the cut? Who are all of the AV2 people. And you guys realize all they are going to talk about is how avalon 1 sucks. "Hey did you read this thread", yeah avalon 1 is for the mentally un evolved people. Then they are gonna come in here and post on avalon 1 threads , thinking they are better than all of the AV1 people, and sad to say it but they are, because guess what they get to go to AV1 and AV2 and You yes you who are reading this right now dont. So back to the original question how does that make you think and feel?
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #68
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Ortho,

There is merit and sense in what you say. This has been suggested, however the logistics are many. We are all volunteers with sometimes very limited availiable time.

You want to see my inbox...

Peace
Old 03-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #69
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

where there are donations there are special interests, where there are special interests, there is corruption...

where there is corruption is a group that tells you to dig a hole... and now fill it...

there doesn't need to be 2 forums once again some of you are attempting to forcibly divide a group meant to be together.

The new forum is ready and where I will be moving to continue what Avalon has been so generous to offer me...

a place to share my truths, and learn of others...
Old 03-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #70
BraveHeart
Unsubscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
while Avalon 2 would be oriented toward those who wish to hold hands and sing kumbaya. e:
theres some quality there

Blessings
Old 03-16-2010, 04:37 AM   #71
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Fred

Plenty of what you said is absolutely correct. Assumptions and supposition are breading discontents. I have tried to be positive about it by NOT jumping to conclusions… as seen in the quotes below.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...2&postcount=28
I’ve just read those rules. They are not far off most forum rules. Seems to me they have covered all the bases with the exception of one (below*). I think that the rule are fair and still leaves plenty of leeway. It’s basically about common sense curtsey and reasonable posting etiquette.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...1&postcount=84
I think people are paying to much attentions to something taken out of context.

Fred, I can understand your frustration towards members that are tacking things out of context or jumping to conclusions. However you need to redirect some of that venting to the root cause. Everything compounding the members angst is due to very poor PR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
The MODS are working on lists of people they will invite personaly (by email) to join PA2. What their criteria for choosing is not something I know. Why even add this bit? It will cause fear and misunderstanding. gawd sake.
These first members will be able to invite people once the registration process is compelte (more information on that to come).

In the very near futur there is going to be a link made available to ask for an invite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post

This is absolutely atrocious PR

It would have been best if Garath or GaiaLove made these announcements at the time or day before going live. Better still it would have been best if Bill said it.

All you are going to achieve, considering the discourse within the forum, is scare people. Who ever told you to release this information now has potentially caused further mayhem on this forum. Unless that’s the intention.
In response to the above

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...5&postcount=36
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaLove View Post
There will be an announcement very soon made by either Gareth or Bill and the link from the main page will go to the new location. Until that time the new forum isn't to be considered "live".

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...8&postcount=37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
You know there has been discourse and worry on the forum. There are threads after threads going on and on about this and that. Folk are speculating, picking apart and taking things out of context to the brief post made by admin / mods. This speculation is driving an ethos of fear.

It’s good to know that a high-ranking announcement will be made soon but hasn't the announcement just happened. The cat is already out the bag. My concern was that this premature statement would add further to the forum unrest. It is with that in mind that I state this cat out of the bag is a PR farce. I hope my estimation of further discourse is wrong and that things run smoothly.

But today we hear, not from a big high ranking announcement, that people are already invited in and that the forum is up and running.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21007
There are others here who are already members at PA2 and could maybe share their opinion?

Again I share your frustration but fairs fair with the allocation of blame. I appreciate the free work done by the mods but the heartache is due in part by them. Perhaps a lesson can be learnt as who makes announcements and more importantly WHEN.

Sorry mods but I had to point it out.......& set Fred straight.

Last edited by SteveX; 03-16-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Added line in "response to the above" + others lines for clarity to copy
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #72
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

My question is how can we know that problems are fixed before we move on to avalon 2. And do we even want to! There is some good points about simply doing some upgrade to the current house...maybe add a couple rooms and so forth. There is a poll and its looks like the people are speaking!

PEOPLE GOT MISTED!!! THIS HAS CREATED A HUGE SPLIT!!!

WE CAN NOT JUST FORGET AND MOVE ON!!!

This must be solved to restore the INTEGRITY OF AVALON!!!

WHOS RUNNING THE SHIP!!! AND WHO DO THEY WORK FOR!!!

I mean what just went down here!!! How do we know this won't happen again! Can we actually work as a team and trust that we are all working for the great good of the planet and humanity!!! Not only that but there are members here that seem to have agendas other then sharing and learning metaphysical science and ufology and current galactic events sort of stuff,,,They seem to be leading conversations in the wrong direction... IM NOT BLIND>>> I GOT MY EYE WIDE OPEN!!! I SEE WHATS GOING ON!!!

I know whats at steak here. So do many others!!! THAT'S WHY THERE IS ALL THE DRAMA!!!

AVALON THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO TRULY SHINE!!!

JT!

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 03-16-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #73
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post
I know whats at steak here. So do many others!!! THAT'S WHY THERE IS ALL THE DRAMA!!!

AVALON THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO TRULY SHINE!!!

JT!
Who are you? Who do you work for?

Gosh I had a feeling that steak attracts reptiles...

truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #74
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post
PEOPLE GOT MISTED!!!
JT!
the Mist of Avalon...

was the Missed of Avalon...

not even thought of at the time but there are always important meanings to everyone here in this group that sometimes aren't noticed at first glance.

It has been a long time since my dream where Theresa and I led a group on a "field trip" we were surrounded by millions of tiny lights...

we had already found the door and were guiding others along on our step forward.

I am already in Avalon II

they haven't moved in the furniture yet, but I think it has the makings for a very nice home we will all be comfortable with.

I'm not leaving here until all of you are ready to join me...

Rocky
Old 03-16-2010, 04:56 AM   #75
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseekerdan View Post
Who are you? Who do you work for?

Gosh I had a feeling that steak attracts reptiles...

Yeah and they are running around the forum unchecked because they are snakes hiding in the grass!!! And have been causing problems all over the planet!!!