Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default "Renegade" Stars Tearing Across Universe, Hubble Shows

Ripples in cosmic gas that resemble speedboat wakes have revealed a new population of young, renegade stars barreling through the universe at more than 112,000 miles (180,250 kilometers) an hour.

As they careen through the cosmos, the stars' winds slam against nearby gas, creating enormous bow shocks billions or even a trillion miles wide.
So far astronomers have found 14 of these rogue stars using images from the Hubble Space Telescope. But study leader Raghvendra Sahai, of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, thinks the stellar interlopers will turn out to be common in the universe.

The stars may be the ousted members of two-star systems that were ejected when their partners exploded as supernovae.
It's also possible that a binary star system would collide with another binary set or a single star and the interaction would fling one of the stars into space. In either scenario, the ousted stars go shooting away to follow their own unique paths, Sahai said.

"We think the massive runaway stars observed before were just the tip of the iceberg," Sahai said in a statement.

Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "Renegade" Stars Tearing Across Universe, Hubble Shows

The universe is a very dynamic "place" and hopefully with disclosure, we will know who else is out there.

Wouldn't it be neat to one day be able to dial up another being in another galaxy? I know it sounds silly but I want disclosure badly.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "Renegade" Stars Tearing Across Universe, Hubble Shows

I agree Humble, I want disclosure now!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote