Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 01:48 AM   #1
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default A favor to ask to all at Avalon!

My life is great now. Everything seems to be working out perfectly for me except for one thing: My parents.

I moved back in with them a year and a half ago when I moved back from Florida. I wasn't on staying with them long, but several fortunes and synchronicities, along with my own intuition told me to stay at home with them. I realized they needed me more than I needed them, especially my twelve year old brother.

Anyways, my parents do not appreciate me for who I am really (deep down that is not true I know). They have very capitalistic mind sets and do not understand who I am at all. They just want me to go to college, as I've they said twice this week, "I hope it makes us a bunch of money."

For the most part they think I am crazy. My dad even confronted me last week and said I needed to see a therapist (I had the best rebuttal ever in the world for that, and the conversation quickly ended). Last month, he said everything that comes out of my mouth is irrelevant, and with every week I always here, "You got a lot to learn son. You don't understand the real world at all." And moments later he swears at the top of his lungs for dropping his pencil. I've 'felt' his anger all my life and it really hurts. I see it eat away at him day in and day out.

This year have really tried to open the minds of my parents with absolute failure. They always attack me on the notions of conspiracy theories, even when I try to show them something that is just full of beauty.

I want my mom to come to one of my fire dance performances alone, or look at one of my photographs, and say to me, "Hey Greg (they don't call me Gregor), that's beautiful!" instead of only bringing her friends to them when they're out drinking, or shoving my photographs into their faces. That's her being, "Hey, look at my son!" versus "Hey, isn't this beautiful? Greg took it."

Yesterday, my mom asked rather sarcastically, "So what are you going to do with all this information, heh? Your constant studying and so called research?"

"Is there something I have to specifically do with it? Can I just simply enjoy the pursuit of knowledge?"

"Well, it's not doing anything for us. I want to see something tangible out of it."

She doesn't consider me inspiring others to be something tangible or useful, as I implied that is my main goal with it.

So, this is where you come in. Any person I meet, I am great at making them think. That's what I am good at. My parents and I have years under our belt, along with some of my friends, and they've developed this natural barrier against me with my thoughts and concepts. I was hoping that any of you on this forum who believe I made you think, even for a heartbeat, and gave you some form of inspiration from my ideas in metaphysics to mathematics, could you post (PM/email if you want too) either a sentence to a couple paragraphs of how I made an impact in your life, as small as it may of been.

I plan to get all my friends to write something, along with many of the students who I have befriended at school these past couple years, along with the faculty. There are also many other people in my community who I can think who would surely have something to say.

I then want to take all of these comments and put them into a packet, so I can give my mother [and father] something tangible of what I have done with my time, intelligence, and passion.

I think this may be the spark to help my parents wake up a little, at least to who their son is and capable of. And heck, it could even save their marriage.

It occurred to me that it may not be myself who makes that spark in them, but all of you! Thank you everyone so much who helps me on this. This really has been the number one thing bringing me down on a daily basis for a long time as I love them so so much. Namaste.

Note: If you can address me as Gregor in the third person, and leave your first name if you can, or at least an initial(s). It sounds better than a username!

Last edited by GregorArturo; 11-21-2008 at 01:52 AM.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:18 AM   #2
Lunaris
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A favor to ask to all at Avalon!

wow! i wish i thought of this 12 yrs ago!!!

ahahahhahhaaaa...

me thinks it's just the way it is for us..that's what the elders tell me...

i have been doing spiritual work and helping people for many many yrs now...not only do i get no thanx i also get scapegoated and made fun of!!!

ahahahhahahha...

but i would love to tell ur parents u r very well appreaciated in the metaphysical sense if that's what u need...

om shanti!
Lunaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:24 AM   #3
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

ha...well as soon as I get my own family to open their eye and not be "crazy" anymore, I will be in a better place to help you with yours.

Here is a link that was posted here and she says many things about sometimes we just need to let go of trying to wake people up. You cannot help someone that dose not want it or is not ready for it.

The Greatest Challenge of Ascension
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oyTF_f-84

How Others Treat You is How You Treat Your Inner Child
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQsQhruh5kc

I never worked a day in my life, I just laid back and let the big beat lead me.
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #4
Lunaris
Avalon Senior Member

i actually did try and do that...

i asked all my spiritual friends in LA to tell the people here in vancouver that i am really NOT crazy and that i am just trying to help and to stop gossiping and saying such mean stuff about me...

...they all refused ....to do that would not be ok in their view spiritually cuz they would be essenyially telling lesser beings that they are such...

so good luck with that!!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:30 AM   #5
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

i believe you and i share something in common as my wife thinks i`VE LOST MY MARBLES BUT HERE IS A THREAD THAT MAY HELP DEALING WITH THE LAW OF ALLOWANCE SORRY 4 THE CAPS
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ight=allowance
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #6
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Gregor

Perhaps it's best to just speak to people who you sense will be open to this

Begin gently - feel your way. If the person doesn't want to know now, perhaps they will in time. And if they don't, well - let it be.

The more you persist - the more unhelpful it will become.

It's never wise to insist on someone seeing things your way.
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:57 AM   #7
Lunaris
Avalon Senior Member

if you weren't like THEM in some way you wouldn't care about going to school etc etc etc...

why don't u go out on ur own then??

i left home at 13....

u seem kinda spoiled to me now...sorry! maybe its cuz u r so young but....

if u read anything about anyone elses issues you would know that it is the way it is...

i'm glad this forum is closing

it bollocks
Old 11-21-2008, 06:04 AM   #8
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Gregor-

I enjoy your posts immensely even though I don't always comment. Here's my advice fwiw- I won't be offended if you think it's silly and please ignore if you think I'm off the mark.

You came to this earth willingly and you chose the parents you have. Why? What did your soul seek to learn from them? Or perhaps they're "stuck" and part of your path is to help them? If that's the case I'd consider your vibration. It's high. What happens in one area when there are low vibrations and a higher vibration? The lower vibrations will rise up. Just by being there and being YOU! You ARE helping them. Right now their egos are fighting it but hold fast. Work harder. Not on them, but on yourself. Start creating the homelife you wish to have. Start being thankful for it now. Go out of your way to appreciate what you already have- love, right? And work in that gratitude for what you want but not from a place of lack. Trust that if you desire something it will manifest. Tap into that. It's very difficult to change a person with words they don't want to hear but you can be the light that enables them to seek the changes themselves over time. It's hard work but worthwhile.

Right now I'm reading a book that was loaned to me over a year ago. I never picked it up before and it just sat on my bookshelf. I did open it once, read a few pages, and it just didn't resonate with me. I judged it to be a Christian oriented book and I'm so not that (turns out, neither is the book). Tonight, for some reason, I went to my bookshelf and picked it up. I noticed the author's name is Neal Diamond Walsch. It sounded familiar for some reason. Then I opened my mail and I had ordered a netflix by...Neil Diamond Walsch. Just randomly- I always stack my netflix queue w/spiritual movies w/no rhyme or reason. THEN, I went to ronpaulforums.com and there's a little box at the top of random news stories. One of the titles was "Letters to God". How does all this tie together? The book is Conversations with God and it's about a man who carried on a convo w/God via letters. Now, just 2 weeks ago I had an experience while meditating where I was told to pray in response to questions about my own spiritual path and then I witnessed a ray of light filled w/swirling glitter sweep across the room where I was sitting. I'm not good at praying and I thought then that I needed to start journaling to my higher self...I didn't. Tonight that smacked me in the face I think. And I'm not sure why I'm telling you this right now but I think the book might be a good read for you, too. I think that sometimes when I focus on someone in an attempt to help that person the advice that comes from me isn't really coming from me...
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:43 AM   #9
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you everyone for responding. However, I realized I didn't fully imply my goal of this. I wasn't purely trying to wake up my parents, for them to change their spiritual path. In essence, that is wrong. You are right on that.

My main goal with it was to show my parents that I was doing something with my obsessive reading and research, and making something out of myself, but not in the traditional material sense that are capitalistic society entails. Giving someone hope, or putting a smile on their face, or even making them think outside the box, I would trade that for an entire day's pay of work. To me they don't even compare.

My parents do not fully see that point of view within me. I've talked to them very little about torsion field theory and its possible implications such as anti-gravity. They both have told me on separate occassions "I hope it makes us a bunch of money."

And each time I responded, "No, that doesn't matter at all. What matters is getting this technology out into the world for all to have for free!" They both cannot comprehend me on that notion, but I know they are capable.

I feel hearing someone sharing their views in that notion, could bring that capability into light, and maybe they would be interested in funding some of the experiments I want to try to test these theories, because without experiments, they are just theories (I don't divulge all my ideas on here :-p).

However, it seems that this idea may not work with the Avalon side of my life from your responses.

Also, on being spoiled. My parents may pay for my ridiculously cheap schooling, feed me, and house me. But I walk everywhere for the most part (in Maine btw!!!), sometimes survive on one meal a day (like I had a yogurt, banana, and some oatmeal for over 12 hours today until I got home after 10), I wear t-shirts and pants that are from my middle and high school days, and I ask my parents to smile each day (I really do haha, and it usually works. My dad can be a hard one at times.)

And so many people don't get it. I am at home because I choose to be home. My place is here. If I had left, I am almost positive they would have gotten a divorce and that is the last thing I want (things got pretty rocky in September here). My parents have a great marriage and I feel they are made for each other. They just have a hard time with communication and if they were only more open with each other and our family things would be much better. Life is not about the individual. I believe in family. I believe in community. So many humans forget that they are apart of humanity. We are an organism as a whole, and thus with Earth and the universe respectively.

I honestly feel so many problems in society today could be resolved if we all just sat down with our families each night and enjoy dinner together like we all use too. The family dinner is integral to society.

I was just thinking, I really wish I could show everyone true beauty. I wish I could really bring it out into the world. Then it occurred to me, I am doing it right now.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 AM   #10
evollove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
Gregor-

You came to this earth willingly and you chose the parents you have. Why? What did your soul seek to learn from them? Or perhaps they're "stuck" and part of your path is to help them? If that's the case I'd consider your vibration. It's high. What happens in one area when there are low vibrations and a higher vibration? The lower vibrations will rise up. Just by being there and being YOU! You ARE helping them. Right now their egos are fighting it but hold fast. Work harder. Not on them, but on yourself. Start creating the homelife you wish to have. Start being thankful for it now. Go out of your way to appreciate what you already have- love, right? And work in that gratitude for what you want but not from a place of lack. Trust that if you desire something it will manifest. Tap into that. It's very difficult to change a person with words they don't want to hear but you can be the light that enables them to seek the changes themselves over time. It's hard work but worthwhile.
That is so wonderfully put. This is what I believe too, at times forget it, so thanks for reminding me.

Gregor, I was in pretty much same situation, at first you try hard to make them look at things from another angle, finally you let go. But just your presence influences them immensly. In a few years you'll see they'll come around. Mine did, now they say when they hear/read something "this is what you've always said, you were right" and their beliefs have changed a lot. It's very not easy to go through this period with them, but you just need to be you, and one day you'll just realize they're changed. So just hold on.
evollove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #11
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks evollove

I just wanted to make a comment, in that I was on the phone for about 4 hours tonight with this girl from Massachuetts who called me completely out of the blue who I've never talked to before besides a couple emails on self sustained communities. And it was a very enlightening conversation, even though I did most of the talking, but we were also sharing stories. At the end of it, she said how she wish she could give me a hug and thanked me for everything I shared with her.

Now this didn't happen this time, but my mother would get mad when I was on the phone, or responding to long emails all the time where I was helping out people, when she'd rather me do a chore or something. I understand that chores needs to get done, but she has no clue or respect in terms of me helping out, comforting, inspiring people on a daily basis. She thinks I am just entertaining myself, being a young person engaged in his social life. I wanted to show them that I am indeed helping people, that's all.

However, I think I got some great advice in terms of what I need to do, or in essence, just keep being me
Old 11-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #12
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

Gregor,

There is a way that seems right for a man but in the end leads to death.

Denying one's self to honor their father and mother is the first step to becoming a man.

All this math and mysticism can be endless and futile. Take a break and go against your grain and find a nice, unseemly, unpretentious, bible church in your area and get all your questions out and listen. Be patient, hear the whole equation out.
Kelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #13
eaglespirit
Avalon Senior Member

Gregor,

There is a way that seems right for a man and in the endless realm of time leads to loving immortality...because we ARE love and immortality!

Allowing one's self to honor their father and mother and forgiving and loving unconditionally is a step to becoming the man you are.

All this math and mysticism can be limitless and fruitful, for you and your endeavors to help others selflessly that resonate with this to see their own talents and unconditional loving possibilities blossom in the now.

Take a break and find a nice, natural, country path full of Mother Nature's Glory; a stream, a brook, a mountainside full of life, a sunrise beach; and get all Your questions out to Spirit and listen with Your Heart. Be patient, hear the whole equation out.

Onward and Upward!

And some times Gregor...
just Be "more" of what You would like Your Parents to Be
without any expectations of Them and in loving gratitude...
and It Will Be!

Last edited by eaglespirit; 11-21-2008 at 01:58 PM.
eaglespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

you are indigo greg, i always felt like i had the wisdom of an old man way before any of this new world order stuff. i knew it was all wrong(life) i just didnt know the extent of it and that it was all a manufactured game.

im in the exact same spot with my family, although i dont live with them anymore. i try to visit them at least once a week and tell them stuff but my mum keeps going on about seeing a shrink lol. my step dad is interested in this stuff and half beleives whats going on.

onve the economy collapses totally and we get hyperinflation and it gets tough they will come to you and ask questions.you will then be the leader to help them and take them out of trouble as best you can.. the next big event will bring them closer to you so dont sweat it. i got super frustrated with my family and now i know they will come round to me soon.

im going visiting them to day and i know the first thing my mum will say is 'have you got a job yet'. its tuff to tell her its all going to end and that working in the lucerferian systyem is wrong and not the answer.i like to tell them what is gonna happen on and around a certain date and then they get curious as to how i know.. 14th october for example started the economic collapse with the guarantee of money markets. in may i told her to buy gold and silver because the economy would collapse end of september and i was right obv just by following documents and the banksters own information..

they will come round to you soon but the circumstance wont be pleasant to force them that way . i mean the fact that the research you are doing has to be free and that money is a dead energy that needs to ber laid to rest. i always say to people think about hwat you said for a minute 'make lots of money off FREE energy' lol .... its a total contradiction

namaste brother (keep that other thread rocking )

Last edited by pineal-pilot-in merkabah; 11-21-2008 at 12:49 PM.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

I believe we choose our parents before we come in, but not necessarily because of karma with them - but because their genetics will provide us with opportunities for our own soul's growth.

You parents are as they are. They are definitely enmeshed in social consciousness and that is their "trip" for this lifetime. That forms their values. They are judging you from their values, and I'm guessing that a part of it is based on their fears for you. All they know, see, and understand are their values.

I'm not sure that providing them with documentation from others about how you've helped and inspired them will raise any comment other than "your friends are crazy, Greg." This is because they only have one set of filters. That set of filters doesn't allow them to see other types of values.

That said, Gregor, you probably will need to get out and self-supporting or return to school before they will begin to value what you term as your life's work. Will going to college cause that to happen in the length of time "left" (whatever that is)? Probably not. We both know it. But because you're "in the process of" accomplishing whatever, they'll overlook it.

For them, life is going to be ongoing, there is no financial collapse, and there definitely will be no catastrophic earth changes. And you will not be able to convince them that things will be different. The attempt to convince will simply assure them that you are "crazy," too.

That is if you want to have your parent's approval and positive thoughts and words. You won't be able to change them, you will only be able to change you.

JMHO, based on my life's experience. (so this is my reality, not necessarily yours <G>)

alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #16
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Gregor... Thank you for providing detailed equations and support of your conclusions to frequency's and tones. The pictures and graphs portray stimulating responses inside of me and helps me to visually understand how the inside of me rises up and projects out the frequency's, tones and colors that make up my 7 DayLights of creation.

Your passion is inspiring and your persistence to move past and through the confusion for others awakening has made many frustrating questions of life easier to assimilate into workable and forward progress in becoming a Self-Empowered person. Even just you being you energetically effects all those around you and also comes through your words here in the forum.

As far as eating... maybe our bodies are really reliant on electrical food more than on caloric food! Applying your perception on frequency generation seems to have a large impact on the livelihood of nourishing the body even though food may not be available... perhaps a simplified orientation could be sought to help focus that North and South orientation in the physical body and for those now and in the future may not starve if food is scarce. In fact not eating much at all may be the very thing that changes what we are!

The light always shines the brightest amongst the darkest place. Reaching across the 'aisle' changes the patterns that may have become static, and provides a new path for new energy to flow into.

Thank you for reaching across the aisle to effectuate that new path.

And may the answer to what your highest and best purpose for all come shinning through!

Christopher
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #17
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo888 View Post
Gregor... Thank you for providing detailed equations and support of your conclusions to frequency's and tones. The pictures and graphs portray stimulating responses inside of me and helps me to visually understand how the inside of me rises up and projects out the frequency's, tones and colors that make up my 7 DayLights of creation.

Your passion is inspiring and your persistence to move past and through the confusion for others awakening has made many frustrating questions of life easier to assimilate into workable and forward progress in becoming a Self-Empowered person. Even just you being you energetically effects all those around you and also comes through your words here in the forum.

As far as eating... maybe our bodies are really reliant on electrical food more than on caloric food! Applying your perception on frequency generation seems to have a large impact on the livelihood of nourishing the body even though food may not be available... perhaps a simplified orientation could be sought to help focus that North and South orientation in the physical body and for those now and in the future may not starve if food is scarce. In fact not eating much at all may be the very thing that changes what we are!

The light always shines the brightest amongst the darkest place. Reaching across the 'aisle' changes the patterns that may have become static, and provides a new path for new energy to flow into.

Thank you for reaching across the aisle to effectuate that new path.

And may the answer to what your highest and best purpose for all come shinning through!

Christopher
Mmm... You got me thinking now!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #18
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

yeah, if you want yur parents to see that your "actually doing something"... show them. If they wont /dont see it, at least you tried.

Nobody on a forum can make your parents see that your doing something "worth while"

if they dont see it, they dont see it, which means they are not ready to see it.

just do you, man.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #19
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Gregor.

I dont know exactly how im going to word my response to your post so i will just go with the flow.

My parents are somewhat conventional people. They believe the world is as been portrayed by their teachers and the authoritarian figures that have been the main source of 'reliable' information down through their lives. For them, the world was never supposed to be 'ideal' , pain and suffering are as natural a thing in life as breathing and sleeping. So as a result they have taken on the attitude of 'no point trying to fix something that isnt broken'.

My father has become very receptive to the 'invisible' side of life. I'm quite suprised by this actually considering he is fifty six odd years of age and grew up in a world dominated by very biased information.

Your parents will never appreciate the work you do while they do not understand the actual importance of it. They see you as trying to fix something that is not broken, because for the majority of the people who live on this planet their priorities are based on a reality that does not really exist. How can you explain the beauty of colors to a man who was born blind?

The law of allowance is something that it looks like you are supposed to learn when confronted with this situation. And its quite obvious that it isnt an easy lesson for you. Very few times there is an easy lesson for an indigo, our lessons here are very powerfull but when fully understood and incorporated into our being it only furthers our path to self empowerment and personal sovereignty.

You will find that when you fully acknowledge your parents attitude and accept it with your loving embrace they will start to 'change their tune'. It was not until i let go of my parents choice to keep their eyes closed to the world that they eventually started to open them.

Whenever we are confronted with a situation that is difficult for us, we are offered an opportunity for growth. And when we change ourselves the lesson is learned and the situation will eventually dissipate. We are confronted with these 'difficult' scenarios in order to expand our being.

All the best on your journey my friend,

Jack
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #20
Aisuru Chiku
Avalon Senior Member

I know ...My own mother thinks I'm nuts!
I love her so much it really really hurts.
But for your own good...You need to move out TODAY!
your father is really worried that you might not make it on your own. YOu should check out PLANET B-BOY(movie) it might just answer your question. you can see at netflix for free.
Aisuru Chiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:07 PM   #21
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
My life is great now. Everything seems to be working out perfectly for me except for one thing: My parents.

I moved back in with them a year and a half ago when I moved back from Florida. I wasn't on staying with them long, but several fortunes and synchronicities, along with my own intuition told me to stay at home with them. I realized they needed me more than I needed them, especially my twelve year old brother.

Anyways, my parents do not appreciate me for who I am really (deep down that is not true I know). They have very capitalistic mind sets and do not understand who I am at all. They just want me to go to college, as I've they said twice this week, "I hope it makes us a bunch of money."

For the most part they think I am crazy. My dad even confronted me last week and said I needed to see a therapist (I had the best rebuttal ever in the world for that, and the conversation quickly ended). Last month, he said everything that comes out of my mouth is irrelevant, and with every week I always here, "You got a lot to learn son. You don't understand the real world at all." And moments later he swears at the top of his lungs for dropping his pencil. I've 'felt' his anger all my life and it really hurts. I see it eat away at him day in and day out.

This year have really tried to open the minds of my parents with absolute failure. They always attack me on the notions of conspiracy theories, even when I try to show them something that is just full of beauty.

I want my mom to come to one of my fire dance performances alone, or look at one of my photographs, and say to me, "Hey Greg (they don't call me Gregor), that's beautiful!" instead of only bringing her friends to them when they're out drinking, or shoving my photographs into their faces. That's her being, "Hey, look at my son!" versus "Hey, isn't this beautiful? Greg took it."

Yesterday, my mom asked rather sarcastically, "So what are you going to do with all this information, heh? Your constant studying and so called research?"

"Is there something I have to specifically do with it? Can I just simply enjoy the pursuit of knowledge?"

"Well, it's not doing anything for us. I want to see something tangible out of it."

She doesn't consider me inspiring others to be something tangible or useful, as I implied that is my main goal with it.

So, this is where you come in. Any person I meet, I am great at making them think. That's what I am good at. My parents and I have years under our belt, along with some of my friends, and they've developed this natural barrier against me with my thoughts and concepts. I was hoping that any of you on this forum who believe I made you think, even for a heartbeat, and gave you some form of inspiration from my ideas in metaphysics to mathematics, could you post (PM/email if you want too) either a sentence to a couple paragraphs of how I made an impact in your life, as small as it may of been.

I plan to get all my friends to write something, along with many of the students who I have befriended at school these past couple years, along with the faculty. There are also many other people in my community who I can think who would surely have something to say.

I then want to take all of these comments and put them into a packet, so I can give my mother [and father] something tangible of what I have done with my time, intelligence, and passion.

I think this may be the spark to help my parents wake up a little, at least to who their son is and capable of. And heck, it could even save their marriage.

It occurred to me that it may not be myself who makes that spark in them, but all of you! Thank you everyone so much who helps me on this. This really has been the number one thing bringing me down on a daily basis for a long time as I love them so so much. Namaste.

Note: If you can address me as Gregor in the third person, and leave your first name if you can, or at least an initial(s). It sounds better than a username!
You are in the right place. I've always felt that you are a very old soul just trying to remember as we all are.You are building the house not made by hands.Its the least popular occupation.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #22
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Gregor,
If your parents won't listen to/understand you...why would they listen to me?

It's almost impossible to define a person concisely...opinion is required.
If there were a reliable way to define a person, I would think that it has to do with evaluating and judging the questions one asks. Questions show where a person is coming from...so to speak. Questions reveal intentions...indirectly.
The questions you ask reveal you as a person who genuinely cares about others. They show the fact that you have an excellent grasp of a 'bigger picture'.
Keep asking those important questions.
You will find the answers within.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #23
HOPEFUL
Banned

Last edited by HOPEFUL; 12-15-2009 at 02:42 PM.
HOPEFUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #24
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPEFUL View Post
I remember you're having a presentation comming up (I think at your school).
Will your parents attend? I think they should see for themself the impact of your research and goodness of heart in public setting rather than private conversation.
I'm sure your speach will be a sucessful one. Invite your parents to stand by you while you're receiving post presentation comments. Let them hear from others what a treasure you are.
If it's an open event maybe some of New England crew members could attend as well. I'm a bit too far, but I would love to see it. Did you think about recording it and sharing it with us?

Hopeful
It's a two and a half hour presentation that I am calling "The Logic of Beauty: A new and unique kind of social experiment exploring the secrets of the universe." It's focused on the universal truths of reality (logic, thought, & beauty) and then branching out from there into history, science, and philosophy. It's also quite a bit more than a lecture. I am trying to get the auditorium reserved at my campus which can hold 1,000 people, and I have a feeling it could turn into a big deal (get alot of attention/publicity) because it's not everyday a 23 year old wants to give a lecture on the secrets of the universe.

And yes, I plan to invite my parents, my family, my entire community! And I'll actually be having professional cameramen who filmed the Olympics in China, filming the event hehe. I'm going all out hehe.

And again, thank you everybody! I believe it really does just come down to patience, and continuing to be just me everyday keeping my smiles and positivity flowing through the house.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #25
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Hiya

There's lots of good advice - I rather liked Jack's

For many, many young people there is a wall of sorts that exists between parents and their kids - it's as perennial as the grass and is only temporary from what I've seen and feel to be true from my own experience.
It may even be there when you've got kids, Gregor. You won't always understand them, they will hardly ever understand you The wheel always goes around. I believe even Socrates had a beef with the young people of his generation

What I've learned is that when people appear to be argumentative or difficult - or in any other way negative towards you, is to look for their 'intention' rather than their arguement or the words they use to express it. What lies behind them?

From where they view the world, your parent's 'intention' towards you isn't a bad one - they just want to see you get on in the only way they can perceive to be valuable. It isn't a valuation of you as a person - just a sort of worry that you aren't doing it in the way they understand. They don't intend any 'harm' towards you, and I'm pretty sure they love you dearly. Otherwise they wouldn't give a monkey's what you did.

Step out of the confrontation for a bit and see if you can find their intention.
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favor