Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
Rainchild
Avalon Senior Member

Angry How do you wake up people?

I've been telling my Dad to get gold, but he's not listening! He was advised by his bank not to get into the precious metals. Meanwhile I'm seeing everything fall apart before my eyes. and he just sits there saying "so what can I do?" (*Playing the victim) And when I suggest to talk to your congressman or get gold and stuff like that he says it's a waste of time. How am I supposed to convince my Dad to save himself?
Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
Egg
Banned

Default Re: How do you wake up people?

You lead by example young man, thats how.

You buy a few bits now and then, you get your emergency kit list up to scratch and all prepared, and then when you are getting it all added together he will hopefully ask you what you are doing.

Then you can say - "food for three months Dad in case theres an emergency, coupled with water / shelter / heat, some small amounts of gold for trading, and I sold X/Y/Z to fund a BOB (bug out bag).

If he doesn't take notice then or scoffs at you, well then there is an old Chinese proverb.

"If the fool slows you down, carry on without him and get ahead, or slow down and walk with him until some one passes you and see's two fools walking together".
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #3
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
You lead by example young man, thats how.

You buy a few bits now and then, you get your emergency kit list up to scratch and all prepared, and then when you are getting it all added together he will hopefully ask you what you are doing.

Then you can say - "food for three months Dad in case theres an emergency, coupled with water / shelter / heat, some small amounts of gold for trading, and I sold X/Y/Z to fund a BOB (bug out bag).

If he doesn't take notice then or scoffs at you, well then there is an old Chinese proverb.

"If the fool slows you down, carry on without him and get ahead, or slow down and walk with him until some one passes you and see's two fools walking together".

777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #4
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

All it took for me was to let my dad watch some good videos in a proper sequence. The first movies that got to him where Michael Badnarik's Constitution class, End the fed, Esoteric agenda. Now I have my father on my side and it feels great.
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainchild View Post
How am I supposed to convince my Dad to save himself?
Patiently attempt, but detachment necessary because very possibly you cannot.

Despite my warnings I too also have watched the destruction of both my parents and my wife's parents savings who were heavily invested in the stock market.

There are hard lessons in free-will and the law of allowance to be learned.

Another relevant proverb/saying: You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinamentum View Post
All it took for me was to let my dad watch some good videos in a proper sequence. The first movies that got to him where Michael Badnarik's Constitution class, End the fed, Esoteric agenda. Now I have my father on my side and it feels great.
Thank you for this! I found "Constitution Class By: Michael Badnarik Part 1 of 7" on Google.

But I'm not sure which End the Fed video you are referring to. Can you give more information or provide a link?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
Thank you for this! I found "Constitution Class By: Michael Badnarik Part 1 of 7" on Google.

But I'm not sure which End the Fed video you are referring to. Can you give more information or provide a link?
My apologies, End the Fed was the wrong title. Just a little too much

What I was referring to was "The Gig Is Up: Money, the Federal Reserve and You."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ient=firefox-a
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #8
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinamentum View Post
What I was referring to was "The Gig Is Up: Money, the Federal Reserve and You."
Thank you so much!

I think focusing on the Federal Reserve is a very smart way for us to get out of the mess we're in...
Old 04-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #9
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I've been telling my Dad to get gold, but he's not listening! He was advised by his bank not to get into the precious metals. Meanwhile I'm seeing everything fall apart before my eyes. and he just sits there saying "so what can I do?" (*Playing the victim) And when I suggest to talk to your congressman or get gold and stuff like that he says it's a waste of time. How am I supposed to convince my Dad to save himself?
rainchild ... it is not up to us to convince another to listen ... if they are not at a heart place whereby they are ready to save their own selves ... we can exert infinite energy into trying to make that happen for them ... but it will be a futile exercise if they are not ready ... they must do so their selves ... your father must find his way from victim to freedom ... you cannot make it happen for him ...

sometimes it is not without effort to stand by and observe how they navigate to their own truth ... we can only hold the space for them and when they are ready ... they will come ... when your father is ready ... he will come to you and your truth will then make perfect sense to him ... he'll align to it effortlessly ... that connection will occur ...

in the interim ... trust that he will locate what is beneficial and appropriate for him ... his way ... and as anchor so wisely wrote ... we must detach our selves from anothers outcome ... it is about freedom and it is about free will ... this IS the new way ... the freedom for others to choose and the wisdom in our selves to trust what they seek they will find ...

and when and if your father does ... then be there for him ... as a good friend and teacher tells me ... "when the student is ready ... the teacher will appear" ...

when your father is ready ... he will understand your truth ...

hold the space ... trust that he will ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

FRIEND please make sure you are awake to the fact
that there is only so much you can do to wake someone up!!! And are you awake yourself ?? this is your real
responsibility, realy the only responsibility then you can walk the talk .and be the living loving example
this is your beast hope to wake someone up !!
loving living rhythmmm ...be aware !!!
be the example !!!!
its realy quite simple then !!

rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:46 AM   #11
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Everyone`s clock runs at it`s own sync you know yours and thus are able to see and adjust to current conditions, its like time zones everyone is either a little ahead or a little behind sooner or later they will adjust there clock and will know its wake up time . If you try to force it on them they will look at you like your nuts and should be wearing a white dinner jacket that ties in the back. Go about making your preparations they will ask questions and thats when you give answers . buy water and food you can`t eat gold and you won`t be able to make change for it, heres a big hint if things get crazy make sure you have lots of toilet paper it will be like gold to and it makes a heck of a bartering tool.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:51 AM   #12
Rainchild
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
Everyone`s clock runs at it`s own sync you know yours and thus are able to see and adjust to current conditions, its like time zones everyone is either a little ahead or a little behind sooner or later they will adjust there clock and will know its wake up time . If you try to force it on them they will look at you like your nuts and should be wearing a white dinner jacket that ties in the back. Go about making your preparations they will ask questions and thats when you give answers . buy water and food you can`t eat gold and you won`t be able to make change for it, heres a big hint if things get crazy make sure you have lots of toilet paper it will be like gold to and it makes a heck of a bartering tool.
Thanks everyone this helps a lot!

Rainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:06 AM   #13
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a link that might help:

The Race to Financial Safety Is Now On
Old 04-23-2009, 04:21 AM   #14
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Salbuchi - Global Financial Collapse

I was reminded of your question when I saw this 2 part video:

This may be of help if your father would like to watch it.

Mike from FeverIAm is recommending this video on his blog today 4/22/2009: http://feveriam.blogspot.com/

Adrian Salbuchi, International Analyst (Argentina) *** Global Financial Collapse ***

Quote:
An excellent video to spread in a viral fashion... I simply don't have the time!

An excellent primer to give to your 'non-believing' family members. Time for people to get ready in a big way!!! Mike
Videos (14:64): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlDNM...layer_embedded
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:56 PM   #15
pushedforfreedom
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Salbuchi - Global Financial Collapse

I wouldn't be too concerned with changing people's perspective. I've come to realise that not everyone is going to be on the same level as most of us when these global changes start occurring.

Probably the best thing to do is STAY POSITIVE no matter what. Don't give in to hate, greed, or anything that stems from fear. By staying grounded, your energy will be felt by those around you who have the ability and the desire to change themselves.

Peace and love
pushedforfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #16
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

And, how do we know what tasks these people "came in" to do. Maybe their choice, before they incarnated, was to suffer through these times. (Just as I believe some children come in with "problems" because they have agreed with their parents in some time between lives that they all have to play out these roles.")

All I can do is offer. I told my favorite banker and personal friend today that I thought the financial crisis would get worse before it got better. He agreed. I asked if he had started a garden, he said he'd considered it. <smile> BUT, they're dealing, in that family, with a recent diagnosis of cancer to his older brother (and they all live together in a family compound of sorts - different houses, but close) - Distraction.

alys

Last edited by alyscat; 04-25-2009 at 12:34 AM.
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:23 AM   #17
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

this video helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKoIK...layer_embedded

wake up.

but it didnt work on my dad. work is his god.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:04 AM   #18
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
And, how do we know what tasks these people "came in" to do. Maybe their choice, before they incarnated, was to suffer through these times. (Just as I believe some children come in with "problems" because they have agreed with their parents in some time between lives that they all have to play out these roles.")

All I can do is offer. I told my favorite banker and personal friend today that I thought the financial crisis would get worse before it got better. He agreed. I asked if he had started a garden, he said he'd considered it. <smile> BUT, they're dealing, in that family, with a recent diagnosis of cancer to his older brother (and they all live together in a family compound of sorts - different houses, but close) - Distraction.

alys
Have you looked into cancer cure alternatives such as Dr. Johanna Budwig’s as a possible aid in your friend's family members cancer? It's worth a look.

A for family, I am sharing when possible, and hopefully I can set some supplies aside if they should see the light and be ready to go forward.

I send you peace, and positive light.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:22 AM   #19
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
...How am I supposed to convince my Dad to save himself?
Quote:
But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house
Best you can do is lead by example as was mentioned...and collect the good info and somehow get him to take a look at it
So he can actively see for himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
...heres a big hint if things get crazy make sure you have lots of toilet paper it will be like gold to and it makes a heck of a bartering tool.
hehe you never been to india have you lol

there they will use the left hand and water
to thoroughly clean their bottoms
instead of smearing it all over the place

at least they did so in the nineties

but they might have adopted it
as another luxury item of the west

Last edited by RedeZra; 04-28-2009 at 04:39 AM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote