Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 10-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
The_Fool

Default Army Reserve Forces Training

I live about a half a mile from Camp Parks Reserve Forces Training Area (PRFTA). Camp Parks RFTA is a vital part of the total Army in the Western United States. A sub-installation of Fort McCoy, Camp Parks is the only training facility within a short drive for 11,000-plus reservists in the San Francisco Bay Area. Firing ranges and a wide variety of training facilities are available. The post is home to state-of-the-art facilities: the Regional Training Site-Intelligence, Regional Training Site-Medical and the 91st DIV Battle Projection Center.

Normally, I hear gun fire and mortar training on the weekends, very sporadically and it is very rare to hear training going on during the week, although it is not unprecedented. Today, Camp Parks has been loud with activity since early in the AM and it continues unabated. I will keep everyone updated because this is a strong indication that something is going down.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Army Reserve Forces Training

Thanks for the heads-up, TF. Ears to the ground, that's what we need.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote