Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Default What do you make of this people ???

Found this headline tucked away in the "business section" of my local state weekend newspaper "the sunday times western australia" Oct 6th 2008

".....US Arms Deal Angers China

WASHINGTON: The Bush administration has announced plans to sell $US6 billion in arms to Taiwan, a decision sure to anger Taiwan's rival, China, and one that could complicate stalled North Korean disarmament efforts.

The announcement of the apackage which includes Apache helicopters and Pattriot III anit-missile missiles, came in a notification to congress posted on the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency website.

The State Department said lawmakers, who were expected to leave this weekend to campaign for November's elections, had 30 days to comment onthe proposed sale> Without objections the deal would be complete.

The arms package enjoys support among senior lawmakers.

China, however, vehemently opposes the US provision of weapons to Taiwan, which Beijing claims as its territory and threatens to invade should the -governing island ever formalise its de facto independence......"

Would love to know if this particular piece of news has made it out to any other places in the world. Also what in your opinion is the significance of it - in view of the fact that all EYES of the world are currently looking at the financial crisis.

For me personally - its like - dont anger the sleeping giant!!! (China that is )

So to me it looks like another deliberate provocation for no other end at the present time than ensuring that EVERYONE is drawn into a global conflict.

Like the Fox Terrier nibbling at the heels of other dogs in order to cause mayhem and its own survival. The Rottweillers and Wolfhounds will fight to the death and the Fox Terrier barks its head off and stirs up all the mayhem and then waits on the sidelines to see which dog it will "bow" to.

Just my personal and very cynical take on the world at the moment people and I welcome any input.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What do you make of this people ???

That is most interesting. Good find!
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Conflicts and world tensions are good to arms dealers. The US is not the only guilty party.
China does not mind trading weapons for favors with parties that are not considered friendly to the US.
France doesn't mind acting as a ....
Germany, the UK, Russia, Canada for that matter, every weapon producing country rarely seem to mind arming enemies against each other while preaching for peace in front of the media.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Ruby - but i wouldnt call it a "find" thats the very thing that worries me!!! If its tucked away in some little weekend newspaper - and mind you it didnt mention any DATES or anything - im wondering of course - how much any of us can rely on NEWS as such.

I used to work in newspapers for years and the first thing we were told was
- have you ever noticed that anything that was reported that "personally" involved YOU - how much did they get wrong!!! even down to the marriage photo on page 79 that had the brides name spelt wrong or the place etc!!!
So why on earth would you think they wouldn't print other WRONG information!! lol

But yeah Ruby - i HAD to post this one to see if its been seen elsewhere!! and if so in what context. Seems to me like Pakistan, Iran , Russia aint enough - what the hell lets go all out here!!!

I am no historian or economist but i see the big picture in laymans terms. I remember reading the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and realising back when i was a teenager that back then at least ( i have NO idea HOW economies function nowadays - i really dont) but back then the only way to increase a nations capital wealth was to "take over another country" In simple terms same as the Romans did.

I have to laugh when i see GWB still saying the bailout will promote American "growth"

Now why the hell can't we have a staus quo?? It always has to be "growth" ffs im sick of hearing about GROWTH in a finite planet!!! The only GROWTH is imaginary dollars in imaginary markets that feed off of the take over of less economically empowered countries and therefore less empowered people.

Sorry people - I am on a roll here and when i want to vent i do!!! lol

I was a greenie before the word greenie was even invented - and i have always been severly distrustful of the whole "carbon emiisions scheme"/ as good as it seems on paper!!

What more is that than a way to ultimately "tax" us on the very air we breathe!!!

Nothing is free if they get their way!! And how many people have jumped on that bandwagon thinking they are saving the planet with their carbon trade offs while still burning up more carbon in one month than a whole african nation!!! lol

Ohh good i feel better now LOL

Anyway my point after i digressed is - what the hell are you doing US??

I NEED to talk to my dad soon - he lived thru the 2nd world war and remembers when the US went isolationist - or tried to - i dont know enough about the world economies etc but i would say they werent "allowed" to back then same as they are still controlled now.

And in the long run i know its ultimately up to what each of us as individuals thinks. acts, does - but please realise how hard a task this is when we the little people are faced with such in depth deception. That is why i feel it is important for ALL of us to know as much about the world as possible so we can get a glimpse of what THEIR big picture is!!

Then we know where we are needed and when to act accordingly.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

I understand what you are saying Richard - I am a realist!!! lol

In this case and given the volatile situation here (US and therefore wordlwide apparently) I was wondering if it had made media headlines anywhere else?

And also in view of the fact that the US has a huge deficit to china

it doesnt make sense to make a sh... load of money from the nation China doesnt want to be armed so they can in effect pay china back?? get my drift??

I know these deals have been going down since time immemorial but i doubt in such volatile times.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Genevieve,

This information can be found on news sites like CNN.

Although it has been posted on these sites, the vast public only will see what is being offered to them on mainstream television, which can only offer so much information in a simple way. That's why most people can tell you who won the last football game, but can't tell you the name of the French president.

It's comforting to know that people (like you and I) are actually looking for information and not waiting for information to fall onto our laps.

This info also needs to be included in the 'big picture' as it could be an important detail later on.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
Found this headline tucked away in the "business section" of my local state weekend newspaper "the sunday times western australia" Oct 6th 2008

".....US Arms Deal Angers China

WASHINGTON: The Bush administration has announced plans to sell $US6 billion in arms to Taiwan, a decision sure to anger Taiwan's rival, China, and one that could complicate stalled North Korean disarmament efforts.

The announcement of the apackage which includes Apache helicopters and Pattriot III anit-missile missiles, came in a notification to congress posted on the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency website.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
franciejones
Banned

I am in USA and have not heard or read of this anywhere...thank you for the info
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Steve_G

If you want to know how the entire financial system works watch this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05277695921912

Zeitgeist Addendum, and it ain't pretty.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #9
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Thanx for your comments and support Steve - I really KNOW i'm not nutty but its nice to hear some confirmation (we are such an inconfident species us humans!!)

And i had to LOL at you r remark about the football scores because over here in Australia that is always my pet grudge - ffs the world could go to pack but it will get second page news compared to WHO is playing football this weekend!!!

And yeah i watch - always have - just havent had the confidence to speak about what i see before.

I thank you again!!

Love and LIght
Old 10-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Oh, I think it's a find for sure. The important stuff is always buried beneath the more sensational "news". Our MSM is so biased here it's very hard to get to any truth at all. It's agenda driven.

Example- For the past week the MSM devoted a ginormous amount of time scaring people and telling us the world would end if we didn't get this bail out. Very little objectivity other than a few token interviews. They had on economist after economist telling everyone how necessary it was to pass it, nevermind that the same economists didn't see a financial problem even months ago and many of them work for the banks!

Now that the bailout has passed they've allowed interviews of dissenters. Showing everyone the other side AFTER they've gotten what they wanted. Now they are instilling a new kind of panic. It's so carefully planned really.

I can't remember which of the PC interviews it was, but one of the "insiders" claimed that we have an orchestrated war coming w/China and Russia...all planned out and not "real". That's what your post reminded me of, I just can't remember who said it.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #11
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

It is dangerous to believe that another country could not decide to play the game under its own rules from a point on, especially if the game is tied to war and economy. And the bear could believe the eagle to be wounded and incapable of flight, which would also be a grave mistake.

But there are those who now believe to be untouchable. They have no allegiance to any nation in particular. The loss of others is their gain.

What happens when they have lost everything and only you has it all?

The only capitalism is intelligent capitalism, and that is not the deal we got.
Its no wonder the bankers want no oversight, although they will take the cash.
They don't want free market, they want to impose their rules on the market.
So far as they are concerned, the market can be owned, it can be cornered.
A cornered market is not free.
Yet, those people who systematically eliminate competition are considered like geniuses by the equally greedy wannabe cornerer.

People want to play the game of risk without the possibility of losing. They want the cheat code. and a win win condition is not acceptable, because winning means being the only one left at the table. During that time, the others would have been quite content to simply not lose. But that won't fly because somebody has a fixation on winning, on his term, under his rules.

The rules are not the same for everyone. There are two sets. And the population believes there is just one set. Then they don't understand when something happens that was not written in the rule book.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote