Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #1
LOCOAZ2008
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation No denying it: It's war in Pakistan

The army in engaged in full-scale battles against the Taliban and Al-Qaida. Tens of thousands of civilians have fled, and there is no end in sight.
By JANE PERLEZ and PIR ZUBAIR SHAH , New York Times
Last update: October 2, 2008 - 8:41 PM

We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth... For my part, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst; and to provide for it. --Patrick Henry

Posted On: Friday, October 03, 2008, 8:35:00 PM EST

Gold and Dollar Market Summary

Author: Dan Norcini

Click here for this week's action in the US Dollar Index, the Dow/Gold Ratio and the XAU/Gold Ratio with commentary from Trader Dan Norcini

Posted On: Friday, October 03, 2008, 8:06:00 PM EST

In The News Today

Author: Jim Sinclair

Jim Sinclair's Commentary

This is going to stand the world on top of its head financially primarily in oil and gold. It has the capacity of being the one piece of straw that breaks the banking system's back completely.

This is no longer an if but a when. It looks very close to me, perhaps weeks, not months.

I would say the odds of this happening before the election is now north of 65%.

No denying it: It's war in Pakistan
The army in engaged in full-scale battles against the Taliban and Al-Qaida. Tens of thousands of civilians have fled, and there is no end in sight.
By JANE PERLEZ and PIR ZUBAIR SHAH , New York Times
Last update: October 2, 2008 - 8:41 PM

PESHAWAR, PAKISTAN -- War has come to Pakistan, not just as terrorist bombings, but as full-scale battles, leaving Pakistanis angry and dismayed as the dead, wounded and displaced turn up right on their doorsteps.

An estimated 250,000 people have now fled the gunship helicopters, jets, artillery and mortar fire of the Pakistani Army, and the assaults, intimidation and rough justice of the Taliban fighters who have dug into Pakistan's tribal areas.

About 20,000 people are so desperate they have flooded over the border from the Bajur tribal area to seek safety in war-torn Afghanistan.

Many others are crowding around the city of Peshawar, in northwest Pakistan, where staff members from the U.N. refugee agency help at nearly a dozen camps.

The International Committee of the Red Cross flew in a special surgical team from abroad last week to work alongside Pakistani doctors to help treat the wounded in two hospitals. "This is now a war zone," said Marco Succi, a Red Cross spokesman.

Not since Pakistan forged an alliance with the United States after 9/11 has the Pakistani Army fought its own people on such a scale and so close to a major city. After years of relative passivity, the army is now engaged in heavy fighting with the militants on at least three fronts.

WHAT DO YOU THINK
LOCOAZ2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:43 AM   #2
LOCOAZ2008
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: No denying it: It's war in Pakistan

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/03/wo...3pstan.html?em

ANOTHER SOURCE
LOCOAZ2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:13 AM   #3
truth-freedom
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, I think this has been planned for a while. A friend in US military told me a few weeks ago he and many others were being prematurely placed on Global Response for action in Afg/Pak. They were all being trained to use the personal rocket launchers in two man teams. Guess that's what they have to do in the mountains of the border region. This must relate to the whole pipeline deal that BushCo has been promising the PTB to get done his whole presidency. He is now almost out of time and I think this is why the bailout package was brought to congress/the house as a big emergency. They need access to more funds and a distraction for the American gov and people while they try to avoid the IBS wrath. Russia kicked booty and stopped the Georgia plan and there are only so many countries to run a pipeline through. Running out of options and getting desperate. We've gotta keep all three eyes on every move BuchCo makes until he's outta there. Hope we make it til then.
truth-freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:32 AM   #4
Hypnotize
Avalon Senior Member

this is probably just 1 more step to WWIII.
Hypnotize is offline   Reply With Quote