Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #51
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Best preperation: Get out of "survivor mode"

I haven't met a person yet who has conquered fear to the point of being invulnerable to apparent danger--are you at that point?

This sounds just like the 'don't give it negative support' argument. Great on the theortical level, but depending on where you are developmentally, hazardous.
sunnyrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #52
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

I love this post.
I like the energy behind the OP's point.

The problem with getting humans to agree on stuff like this is:
Some consider themselves "awake" because they know some stuff.
They feel what's coming. They smell the danger and they read some words some other guy wrote and they cleave to that. Which is fine. For them.

Others are "awake" because they've been working on their spirituality either because of, or in spite of the impending shift. And that's fine, too.

So to hope to ever have one see the other's point, IMHO is a fruitless endeavor. They exist outside of each other's paradigm.

VERY VERY few people are "AWAKE" on both fronts.
And alas... those are the only people who CAN populate a true radiant zone.

We see what we want to see.
Drop the swords and DO WHAT YOU FEEL YOU SHOULD.

LOVE and only LOVE,
C
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #53
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyrap View Post
I haven't met a person yet who has conquered fear to the point of being invulnerable to apparent danger--are you at that point?

This sounds just like the 'don't give it negative support' argument. Great on the theortical level, but depending on where you are developmentally, hazardous.
Very well said. And it certainly depends on where you physically reside.
Some places are definitely safer than others.
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #54
ricksfortune2004@hotmail.

Stop blaming fear for irrationalizations. Yes, people get scared. and they SHOULD. If I'm cooking on the stove and accidentally lean my hand on the burner and suddenly feel like my hand is on fire, I HOPE I get scared and FEAR burning and take my hand away. Instead, if I say (once my hand is on fire) that all I need to do is focus on "the light" and leave my hand on the burner, I FEEL I'm an idiot. I get the point of mind over matter, but until you can control that... don't convce others to rest their hands on a hot stove.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #55
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksfortune2004@hotmail. View Post
Stop blaming fear for irrationalizations. Yes, people get scared. and they SHOULD. If I'm cooking on the stove and accidentally lean my hand on the burner and suddenly feel like my hand is on fire, I HOPE I get scared and FEAR burning and take my hand away. Instead, if I say (once my hand is on fire) that all I need to do is focus on "the light" and leave my hand on the burner, I FEEL I'm an idiot. I get the point of mind over matter, but until you can control that... don't convce others to rest their hands on a hot stove.
That is not the "fear" we are adressing here. That is a natural reflex reaction, just like if you step into a bees hive and they all come buzzing after you you will run scared. That is in the moment and natural. Fear of what "might happen" in the future is not natural. It is based upon things that might or might not "be true" or "become true". It will make you live in a fearful mode all the time because of endless "what ifs" generated by the ego/mind who perpetuate itself true fear.

In fact; if you "buy into" the doom/gloom future scenario you are actually guilty of cocreating it. Have you ever thought of that? Every person that "wakes up" to these kinds of scenarios are giving their attention and thus power to them.

It is not enough to just wake up to the plans of the dark side and "react" to them. Then you are playing their game and walk into their trap. One has to transcend these plans and start to envision the future you would really like to see. The very least a conscious evolved person should do if unable to transcend the plan of the dark is to let go of fear about it.
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #56
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Sanat is right. Survivor mode is the taking over of the mind by animal instincts. And man must master the animality he has invested. We are not animals but we believe this is all there is.

Survivor mode is existence. When in survival mode, people exist. They do not live. This can only mean that life is not integrated at this level.

Because death is not part of life. Life cannot die. Existances can be wiped out into death.

Saying that death is part of life is an oximoron. It makes no real sense. But it is the conclusion of a person who survives, who exists, but who does not yet lives.

So I totally concur with the title of this thread. Man must be extracted from his existential condition, and lose his survival consciousness to start living.

This implies starting to act in accordance with light within, and that light has no fear.

The ego is constantly assaulted with the instincts of an animal body he is connected to and has lost sight of his origin. His origin is life, but now he dies. He lived, and now he exists.

But it is not his origin that dies but the memory of his experience. But the ego believe he is that memory. And the laws behind that memory is to survive. It is the function of memory to seek perpetuity.

The call of Sanat to escape survival and start living is a call to which I concur totally.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #57
SunRa
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanat View Post
There is no better preperation than that. Survivor mode is based on fear. Fear about what "might happen", and fear about "the future". This fear will block your inner peace and clarity. It will block your ability to relax and actually percieve "what is going on". Security does not come from having a bunker under your house etc. It comes from trust. Trust that you are were you are supposed to be and that you and all your loved ones will die when their time is up. No sooner and no later. You cannot escape death when your time is up no matter what. Existance knows what it's doing In fact, it is the only one who really knows...the rest of us must learn to trust it and enjoy the ride!

The name of the game is not "survival" as Socrates mentions in his famous Apology. It is doing what FEELS right and avoid doing what FEELS wrong. If you do not feel a strong inner urge to relocate you can trust that you are were you are supposed to be. Trust in Existance and not in all sorts of "outside sources" and "dire predictions".

this is most excellent advice
SunRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #58
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
That is not the "fear" we are adressing here. That is a natural reflex reaction, just like if you step into a bees hive and they all come buzzing after you you will run scared. That is in the moment and natural. Fear of what "might happen" in the future is not natural. It is based upon things that might or might not "be true" or "become true". It will make you live in a fearful mode all the time because of endless "what ifs" generated by the ego/mind who perpetuate itself true fear.

In fact; if you "buy into" the doom/gloom future scenario you are actually guilty of cocreating it. Have you ever thought of that? Every person that "wakes up" to these kinds of scenarios are giving their attention and thus power to them.

It is not enough to just wake up to the plans of the dark side and "react" to them. Then you are playing their game and walk into their trap. One has to transcend these plans and start to envision the future you would really like to see. The very least a conscious evolved person should do if unable to transcend the plan of the dark is to let go of fear about it.
then how does one take this into the NOW. to be present in a current situation. if the now shows certain trends or that there might be a period of adjustment before a change? where is the line drawn between preparation and panic? not to close ones eyes and chant OMMM very loudly as to drown out all else (actually i have been doing that lately when overwhelmed lol but i cant do it nonstop so...) how can one be both rational and realistic?
Seva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #59
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Sanat;18430]Security does not come from having a bunker under your house etc. It comes from trust. Trust that you are were you are supposed to be and that you and all your loved ones will die when their time is up. No sooner and no later. You cannot escape death when your time is up no matter what. Existance knows what it's doing:

QUOTE]

I need to know how to apply this in certain serarios. I have freinds who are stuck in great worry becasue they children to feed or other loved ones that depend on them? I think those factors may pull alot of people out of that presence and the inner mind becasue they have other beings to worry about and then they get caught up in the drama out of worry for them. I mean if your a mom of small children, what was said before about just be ok they will all die when its time, that would not really give that person with maternal instinct solace? Or a father with a family, wife and kids. Its hard for people to really take peace from that? Are there any people with helpless dependants or non-awake loved ones that this gives them peace? please let me know how to get there i cant figure it out? Wanting to make sure those basic needs of them are met (water/food/shelter) is one way to somewhat quell the worry.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #60
BJ ∞ Trust Yourself
Avalon Senior Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmB!
BJ ∞ Trust Yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #61
Carrie Todd
Avalon Senior Member

Seva, I totally agree with your frog story. I've heard it before and it definitely seems to fit what is going on.

Avid, I understand your plight. The doom and gloom news and supposition can be overwhelming. I, personally try to knock off early enough daily that I can wind down and find some peace.

But I think that was the original purpose of the post. If you don't have peace and joy in your life, you really don't have life. I liked Seva's comment about continuing life and living. It doesn't have to be frantic survival and paralyzing fear.

A group of us are getting together in Kansas City this weekend to share ideas and get to know each other. I think this sort of fellowship would help a person gain perspective; there is comfort in numbers.
Carrie Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #62
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ ∞ Trust Yourself View Post
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmB!
mmmmmmmmmmmB!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #63
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Best preperation: Get out of "survivor mode"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Todd View Post
Seva, I totally agree with your frog story. I've heard it before and it definitely seems to fit what is going on.

Avid, I understand your plight. The doom and gloom news and supposition can be overwhelming. I, personally try to knock off early enough daily that I can wind down and find some peace.

But I think that was the original purpose of the post. If you don't have peace and joy in your life, you really don't have life. I liked Seva's comment about continuing life and living. It doesn't have to be frantic survival and paralyzing fear.

A group of us are getting together in Kansas City this weekend to share ideas and get to know each other. I think this sort of fellowship would help a person gain perspective; there is comfort in numbers.
Thats wonderful i know alot can be acomplised with many calm heads with different perspective. maybe everyone should do roll call on that state listing so we can figure out who is around us state wise or even regionaly. Ive been looking over alot of things. the old is going down, which does mean trasition and adjustment and a period of confusion, but afterwards it gets to be rebuilt. In happy meditative periods ponder that, what would you rebuild? Harmony with mother earth, a close knit community, abdunance thta is shared amond all so there is no povery, no manipulated wars or confrontations. Soon will come the time when the true power of manifestion will be known, but alwasys remember beyond the visualization and accpetance there is the 3rd factor of "action" to bring a dream into reality.

Thats wonderful what your doing this weekend. the things that seem unreachable or too hard or impossible all begin with that first step and with that first person who has the courage to step into that unknown and try

in that note anyone here on the southern east coast?

NAMASTE
Old 09-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #64
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Seva!

I cannot tell you the "how" of anything. That is up to each person to find out for him/her self...

The line between preparation and panic is drawn inside each individual. Where else? If you do what you do because that feels right and it is an expression of your inner urge and Joy you can very well be preparing and be peaceful inside at the same time. Just like preparing for a party with good friends or familiy might make you peaceful. But if your preparation is highly motivated by all sorts of "what if" scenarios which have given your already present fear a lot of good excuses to "take you over", then you are moving closer to panic... Point is: Fear is there in the first place and has been for a long time, the outside events are just bringing it up to the surface and it is up to you how to handle that fear in order to grow out of it. All is an opportunity.

If you really feel the need to prepare, then there should not be any fear in it because you are doing what feels right for you and you are doing your best to express what feels right for you. No problem. However, if you are preparing because of "outside influence" when in reality your "higher self" is trying to guide you to move in another direction or do something totally "unexpected" or different, then you can easily move into panic because you are not listening to your own inner guide. You have given your power away to outside "authorities" which you might feel "know better" than you do. Nobody knows better than yourself what is right for you. Fear is blocking your ability to listen to your own guidence. Therefore fear must be dealt with by each of us individually. It helps to view everything as an experience for growth, and thus accept that this is what you must have signed up to experience. No matter what it might be...
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #65
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

All is an opportunity.
That says it all.

Unfortunately, when in opposition, instead of seeing the condition as an opportunity, which it is, people tend to look at it in terms of contrariety. Instead of using the event to strengthen their fields of force. they seek to avoid the experience.

And the experience is there for no other reason than that of opportunity.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #66
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

~ trust thy inner compass, a gift from self to self, happy birthday to thee ~
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #67
Carrie Todd
Avalon Senior Member

There are many different methods by which one can "enjoy the ride". I agree, a person must look within for his or her own path. I don't think there is a perfect one-size-fits-all solution.

Some will hunker down in their bunkers; some will store food for theirsleves and their loved ones; some will meditate with knowledge that everything happens for a reason. Some will refuse to look until it's too late. Awareness comes to different persons at different times in different ways.

Someone earlier mentioned the ant and the grasshopper. I plan to prepare with peace. Life can be a learning experience, as well as, a game. I guess it just depends on what you sign up for and what you come away with.
Carrie Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:04 AM   #68
Isa
Avalon Senior Member

((AVID)) !!!!! I hope you are feeling better soon. I have been in that horrid place yes, yes ~ of course and why not? When you know "too much" it is such a burden at first...

...but time passes and look, you are still here. You are gardening! (I am jealous) I hope you are talking to your plants; they are alive and so so so wise, aren't they? Yes, we are on this beautiful earth, still here and there you are planting and breathing... you see, this life is still here and precious today. All any of us ever has is this moment.

One thing that has helped me in the past has been to listen to uplifting, beautiful music. Earth sounds, chanting; whatever stops you from thinking. Our minds get too busy and chatter chatter chatter until we are just all wound up. Sometimes we have to just stop thinking and simply be. It helps to be while handling plants ~ that is a powerful way to connect to higher energies!

Consider yourself hugged, Avid and be cheered! There is much good in the world. There are good hearts beating across the globe. There are concerned minds focused on a better tomorrow. Many many many people want peace. Who knows what will happen, and yes there could always be a reign of chaos happening quickly, but even then it would be helpful to have a wealth of positive 'yesterdays' to strengthen us during such a time.

So today as I look around at all the miracles manifested right here before my eyes... I am filled with peace ~ and when tomorrow comes, whatever that may bring, I will be stronger because of this moment now.

I'm all for storing some cans in the cupboard; I am even more interested in becoming more self-sufficient ~ and not just as individuals but as communities. There may be a lot of 'sleepwalking' people but there are also a LOT of people coming together with sustainable living projects, community farms and so on. Reaching out to one another, offering comfort, sharing resources; this is what will help us to not only survive but to THRIVE with a new way of life where greed is no longer the ruling factor of EVERYTHING.

(whew!)
Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #69
asclepius888
Avalon Senior Member

Survival mode is not negative train of thought, it is being prepared in readiness for some unforeseeable emergency that might cause harm or even death. An example, 2 canoeist capsize in rapid waters, one panics out of fear and drowns, while the other instinctively decides to ride out the rapids to more calmer waters and increases his/her chances of survival. When the Yk2 happen, many took preventative measures only to feel either foolish or relieved the next day, yet it should have been seen as a firedrill.
asclepius888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:31 AM   #70
historycircus

For those who wish not to debate the merits of a survivor mentality any longer, see the thread I just created called "For Survivors Eyes Only." It is a place for those who wish to get down to the business of preparation for defense can do so.

Thank you.

HistoryCircus
Old 09-28-2008, 12:46 AM   #71
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Historycircus...

I feel your input at this time and how you present this..is pivotal to what Avalon is trying to achieve.

Bare with us..mods ..we will think this over very seriously.

Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #72
Shellie
Banned

After watching this forum for 3 weeks, it has finally dawned upon me:

First of all, there are TWO Whatever's taking place; the one that is starting to happen now (economy, elections etc) and the one that is *supposed* to happen in the next 4 years.

Here is the difference; Whatever I is man-made, and for many people who have just woken up, very scary.

Whatever II is probably NOT going to be man-made (or if it is, it will not be readily identified as such by the public).

Now, here is the practical difference: there is little disparity between the messages of say, George Green vs. Michael StClair. George Green and his camp are concerned with Whatever I; Michael StClair and David Wilcock are concerned with Whatever II.

History has shown us that in times of (local natural) cataclysm, people for the most part trust each other and bond together very well to support each other in things like earthquakes, fires, famines, volcanoes, floods etc. History has also shown that when chaos ensues because of man-made factors, people lose all trust in each other and tend to treat each other as the enemy, even if they previously were good neighbors (think Christians and Muslims in the Balkans).

IMHO, Whatever I is very much an old-paradigm situation that for good or bad will require a lot of old-paradigm thinking and preparation. Whatever II will be very much a new-paradigm situation where old-paradigm thinking and behaving (reacting) will be medieval and backwards.

We need to utilize both methods of preparation. Those who are thinking of spiritual ideals and nothing else will be in for a rough ride when Whatever I starts to affect them... but people more prepared for Whatever I will also need to keep the final goal of 10 years from now in focus so they don't turn into negative and destructive "survivalists".

AND, let's dissect this idea of a survivalist... a survivalist is someone who just barely eeks through when tshtf (which is any situation that you don't like and don't have control over). Even if we are preparing for the physical aspects of "survival", that is not enough. We need to prepare to THRIVE. Let's not be survivors, let's be thrivers. We don't need to create our own problems in order to define ourselves.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #73
showmemo
Avalon Senior Member

I do not see myself as being afraid as for being a realist nor do I want to be caught with my pants down in any situation. Yes to be rescued by aliens would be grand yet it is hard to fathom a race that would want to rescue another that expects it. As it would not be a learning experience it is as though you can do whatever than it is alright the ET's will help us, I ask why would they for what reason when everyone would lay down as sheep. I would want a fighter someone who is able to have the heart and WILL to survive as that is what would be needed. You have to think of the past of the men and women who lived on homesteads,farms and in the hilly rough country, they where rough survivors who produced their own food and traded for what they needed it is the mind set of working together whether a family or communitee to survive.

As for when your time is up it is up I agree but one must be able to survive you think the ET's are going to be the U.N. I highly doubt it as they would exspect peoples who can survive as the new world might be rough a new beggining it may have less people and the wally world may not be around. You have your thoughts and they make sense to a few peoples around the world and may agree with some form of it,yet at the end of the day I believe they (ET's) want people like the NATIVES around the world who where one with nature used all of what they had and had no need for waste.

There is no fear here I have my eyes open as well as my mind life is good and yes there is storage and seeds it is a gift to be living in these times that have been told of in proficies and in stories from natives to ones touched, what a gift from the higher power!

showmemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:42 AM   #74
Scooby

Default Re: Best preparation: Get out of "survivor mode"

Just click your heels together and say I'll be alright if I just think good thoughts. Sorry I mean this just like it sounds, What a crock of BS. God loves the prepared Man. Remember the parable of the man that built his house on sand and the man that built his house on rock? There are hundreds of examples in God's word that say as much. Now I mean no disrespect but I wonder what the real motive here is. There is no fear when you have real faith but God gave you a brain and a body to sustain your spirit . To say you can over come the coming problems with good thoughts or not having fear is crazy. Smart preparation is using God given talents and reason, anything else to me is a lie of the enemy. Fear is not modus operandi to live under of course but thats like a soldier laying down his arms and running headlong into the opposing army saying "I'm not Afraid, they cant hurt me" LOL sorry please but this is bad info that can effect the weak of mind or unlearned. please be careful you dont cause your brothers and sisters to be led asstray or you may pay a high price when you reach your judgement in the council of the god's one day. God's richest blessings~~

Last edited by Scooby; 09-29-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:50 AM   #75
Sol Invictus
Banned

I take both views.

When i am in the mountains in deep midwinter, I prepare, check, test and check and test again to make sure every thing and anything I am carrying is working.

Trusting it to work is not knowing it will work.

Big difference.

Secondly, survival.

If a huge flood hit a city, who would be better prepared? the man who has alot of stored wtaer and food along side a boat, or the man who trusted every thing would be OK? See Texas coast and New Orleans for your answer...

BUT......

Instincts. Trust them over every thing else. I have led a life guided by instinct and 'feeling' and it has kept me always in the right place at the right time, or out of the wrong place at the wrong time.

What i am trying to say is that yes, do what 'feels' right, but prepare for a world where things go wrong.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote