Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #101
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Hey mudra, mntruthseeker, the Chinese buffet is now open!

Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #102
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Mntruthseeker."hey Ambrose, why we in this subway tunnel?" "

"Jiss keep walkin" LOL
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #103
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

I am getting in line for the Chinese buffet it looks so good.

Look who just stepped on center stage.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNAeELQ_Z8
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #104
efields
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
I am getting in line for the Chinese buffet it looks so good.

Look who just stepped on center stage.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNAeELQ_Z8
I'm buying everyone a Cosmopolitan, It's a sweet drinkd that goes down like cool aide!!! My favorite Doubles on request... ... ...
efields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #105
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I was sitting in the corner by myself and I got drunk. Too many tequillas. I think I'll take a day off tomorrow.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #106
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

We have taxis available!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #107
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Now that efields> here> things are going to get interesting... Cos> efields so good> when he's around

Windows vs macintosh> the battle continues>not!

A Joke or did this really happen?
Three Microsoft engineers and three Apple employees are traveling by train to a computer conference. At the station, the three Microsoft engineers each buy tickets and watch as the three Apple employees buy only a single ticket.
"How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks a Microsoft engineer.
"Watch and you`ll see," answers the Apple employee.
They all board the train. The Microsoft engineers take their respective seats, but all three Apple employees cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, "Ticket, please."
The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes the ticket and moves on.
The Microsoft engineers saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Microsoft engineers decide to do the same on the return trip and save some money.
When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Apple employees don`t buy any ticket, at all.
"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" asks one perplexed Microsoft engineer.
"Watch and you`ll see," answers an Apple employee.
When they board the train the three Microsoft engineers cram into a restroom and the three Apple employees cram into another one nearby. The train departs.
Shortly afterward, one of the Apple employees leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Microsoft engineers are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please..."
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #108
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Phew...
posting and researching is thirsty business!
Just nipping in for a Drambuie and Lucozade to go with me warm Complan, I reckon I'll sleep well after that

It's funny posting 'globally', as some folk are only dimly aware they are alive when posting first thing in't mornin', and the same thing happens much much later Sorry - a 'Groundhog moment'...

Thanks for all the wondrous posts everyone
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #109
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

good one gio, and to everyone, watch this 6 minute video of all famous actors in famous film clips that all have Jack Daniels in them! From John Belushi to Jack Nicholson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abgEpNdDDpk
Old 01-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #110
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
good one gio, and to everyone, watch this 6 minute video of all famous actors in famous film clips that all have Jack Daniels in them! From John Belushi to Jack Nicholson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abgEpNdDDpk
Jack?? speaking of Jack? Where is Jack??? Do you think he's enbarrassed to be seen with you and me?? Naw!! Not Jack?? Yeah... but maybe Steve?? or Colin? or even Carol? Was it something I said?? Naw?? Nobody reads my post?? Was it my taste in material?? Naw?
I'll post anything Antaletriangle hasn't .. Oh well...back to work> googlingmy life away Ohhhh!
thats it> my sense of humor!! Gi

Last edited by giovonni; 01-09-2009 at 01:57 AM.
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:43 AM   #111
karelia
Avalon Senior Member

Oh, what a great place this is! Did I see tofu on the menu? *is delighted* And great music, too!
karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:13 AM   #112
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

hey everyone ... we have a birthday in the house !!!

can we all sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to KARELIA

ok, on the count of three ... one, two ...

CHEERS KARELIA!!!!
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 AM   #113
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to KARELIA

LOVE /SUSAN
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:19 AM   #114
karelia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post
hey everyone ... we have a birthday in the house !!!

can we all sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to KARELIA

ok, on the count of three ... one, two ...

CHEERS KARELIA!!!!
*laughs in delight* Thank you, futureeyes! And thank you for inviting me here! The tofu was very delicious. I think a glass of wine would go down well. Round is on me. Have whatever you prefer.

k
Old 01-09-2009, 03:23 AM   #115
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Here ya go,happy birthday!
Old 01-09-2009, 03:29 AM   #116
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

have fun karelia, could be a looooooonng night for ya, don't say i didn't warn you ...

ahh, it's all fun and it's your birthday ...

ENJOY!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 03:30 AM   #117
karelia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to KARELIA

LOVE /SUSAN
the eXchanger
Thank you!

I've seen how love has been multiplying all day just in my little corner of the universe, and it is an incredible sensation, one I hope I can hold on to for many eons and one I hope will multiply across all the universe.

Some music, perhaps?

Wow, and talking about Across the Universe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-4t9drUlM

Blessings,
k
Old 01-09-2009, 03:31 AM   #118
karelia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Here ya go,happy birthday!
Excellent fare! *raises glass*
Old 01-09-2009, 03:38 AM   #119
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

The Beatles, good choice, don't drink to much wine, LOL!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:47 AM   #120
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

What do you mean... too much wine? I never heard of such a concept. Thanks for the Tull... I ended appropriately with "Thick as a Brick".

Cheers,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:55 AM   #121
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I booked some entertainment for tonight! LOL!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:11 AM   #122
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

now, let's see ... what three stooges do we have in the lounge this evening ...

what three stooges do we have in the lounge EVERY evening ...

i LOVE the three stooges
Old 01-09-2009, 04:27 AM   #123
karelia
Avalon Senior Member

*laughs*

*wipes eyes*

Oh, the enJOYment has reached new heights! That picture of wine shelves? Classic!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 AM   #124
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karelia View Post
*laughs*

*wipes eyes*

Oh, the enJOYment has reached new heights! That picture of wine shelves? Classic!
oh yes, i so do love all the pretty colors on the shelves too, so many to choose from ...

hadn't realized the lounge was stocked with so much abundance

who manifested all this selection ???

Old 01-09-2009, 04:52 AM   #125
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Here's some geek facts for you to read.

648 B.C.
The first know record of a total solar eclipse is made by the Greeks.
Celluloid becomes the first plastic to be patented. Read more about the history of plastic.
The American Chemical Society is founded by a group of thirty-five chemists who meet at the University Building of New York University. Visit the official American Chemical Society website.
George Eastman releases the first Kodak Camera to stores.
First animated cartoon film, Humorous Phases of Funny Faces, by J. Stuart Blackton, is copyrighted in the US. Despite the film’s rough use of simple animated chalkboard drawings, it is a revolutionary achievement. Watch Humorous Phases of Funny Faces in your browser at Wikipedia. Read more about the history of Animation at Animated Divots. IMDB listing Running Time: 3 mins

Imperial Airways becomes the first airline to show a film on a scheduled flight. The first film shown is First National’s classic silent film, The Lost World. IMDB listing
Executive James Dewar of Hostess invents Twinkies, small shortcake treats filled with banana cream filling. Visit the official Twinkie website.
Experimental television station W2XCD of Passaic, New Jersey, operated by the De Forest Radio Corporation, broadcasts the first of six daily installments of the full-length feature film Police Patrol. It is the first full-length film to be broadcast by a television station.
The Little Orphan Annie radio series premieres on WGN in Chicago, sponsored by Ovaltine. The show will eventually graduate to a national audience on the NBC Blue Network. The fifteen minute episodes air six days a week at 5:45pm. It will grow in popularity until October 30, 1936, when Shirley Bell Cole, who played the part of Annie, quit the show over a contract dispute.
Universal Pictures releases the first of thirteen episodes of the science fiction serial Flash Gordon, directed by Frederick Stephani and starring Buster Crabbe, Jean Rogers, Charles Middleton, Priscilla Lawson, and Frank Shannon, to US theaters. The serial was produced on a budget of US$350,000. IMDB listing Running Time: 4 hrs 5 mins
Du Pont researcher Roy J. Plunkett discovers Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), later renamed Teflon. Plunkett and his lab assistant Jack Rebok were researching the chemical reactions of the gas perfluoroethylene when he discovered an apparently defective cylinder of the gas with the same weight as the other full cylinders. Inside the cylinder, they discovered a slippery white powder with unusual chemical properties, such as being an exceptional dry lubricant and having a very high melting point, PTFE. Visit the official Teflon website.
Universal Pictures releases the science fiction comedy film Abbott and Costello Go To Mars, directed by Charles Lamont and starring Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Mari Blanchard, and Dudley Dickerson, is released to US theaters. The film was produced on a budget of US$762,000. IMDB listing Running Time: 1 hr 17 mins
Swanson & Sons puts the first TV Dinner on sale. Visit the official Swanson TV Dinner website.
The New York Times publishes a page-length column reporting the discovery of Carnegie Institute astronomers Bernard F. Burke and Kenneth L. Franklin that the planet Jupiter emits radio waves resembling short bursts of static like those which interfere with radios during lightning storms. It is the first time that radio waves have ever been detected emanating from any planet within the solar system. The discover was announced at the semi-annual meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Princeton, New Jersey.
Intelsat 1 (Early Bird), the first commercial communications satellite to be placed into a geostationary orbit is launched from Cape Canaveral, following the Russian’s earlier launch of the “WORM” test satellite. Visit the official Early Bird website.
The Star Trek episode “The City on the Edge of Forever” first airs. (No. 28) In it, the Enterprise discover a portal that leads to other places in time, and McCoy accidentally enters and alters Earth history. Kirk and Spock follow him in order to stop the Nazis from winning World War II. The first draft of the episode was written by acclaimed author Harlan Ellison, who receives credit, however, the screenplay was edited several times before being finalized. Memory Alpha entry
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer releases the science fiction film 2001: A Space Odyssey, directed by Stanley Kubrick and starring Keir Dullea, Gary Lockwood, William Sylvester, Daniel Richter, Leonard Rossiter, and Douglas Rain, is released to US theaters, four days after its April 3rd premiere at the Uptown Theatre in Washington, D.C. It will be nominated for four Academy Awards and win one for Best Visual Effects. Produced on a budget of US$12 million, the film based on the Arthur C. Clarke novel 2001: A Space Odyssey. IMDB listing MPAA Rating: G Running Time: 2 hrs 19 mins
The final episode the science fiction Western The Wild Wild West, “The Night of the Plague,” airs on CBS, after four seasons and 104 episodes. The series follows two Secret Service agents through the old west as they foil the schemes of madmen using a wide array of unlikely gizmos. The series is notable among geeks for its gratuitous use of gadgets. TV.com entry
NASA launches the Pioneer 11 spacecraft on a mission to investigate the planets Jupiter and Saturn. Unlike Pioneer 10, which only explored Jupiter, Pioneer 11 will use Jupiter’s mass as a gravitational slingshot to alter its trajectory to a path towards Saturn. On September 1, 1979, Pioneer 11 will become the first space probe to perform a flyby of Saturn, passing within 21,000km of the planet’s cloud tops. Visit the official Pioneer Project website.
The anime series City Hunter premieres on Animax and Yomiuri TV in Japan. It will run for four season and a total of 140 episodes.
Tecmo releases Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) in Japan.
At the Comdex/Windows World conference held in Chicago, Illinois the Microsoft Corporation introduces the Windows 3.1 operating system, which provides IBM and IBM-compatible computers a graphical user interface (GUI). Windows 3.1 features improved support for CD Audio, MIDI, modems with speed up to 9600bps, sound cards, and Super VGA monitors. The operating system abandons “Real Mode,” a vestigial environment dating back to the Intel 8086 processors. It introduces scalable TrueType fonts and the Control-Alt-Delete command (also known as the “three finger salute”), and it refines the object Linking and embedding (OLE) concept, allowing users to cut and paste data and objects between applications. In total, the software is comprised of over three million lines of code. Price: US$149.00

Konami releases the run and gun Contra III: The Alien Wars for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) in North America. Visit the official Contra 3 website. ESRB: E (Everyone)
The explosion of a radioactive waste tank at the Siberian Group of Chemical Enterprises military research facility at Tomsk-7 releases an enormous radioactive cloud over Russia 1,700 miles east of Moscow. It is the worst nuclear accident in the country since the incident at Chernobyl in April 1986. Read more about Tomsk-7 at the Global Security website.
Namco releases Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES).
Sony Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA) releases the racing game 2 Xtreme for the PlayStation in Europe.
BBC Books publishes the science fiction novel The Hollow Men by Martin Day and Keith Topping. (ISBN 0-563-40582-1) It features the seventh Doctor. Outpost Gallifrey entry Length: 288 pages
Jasc Software releases version 5.0 of Corel Paint Shop Pro for Windows. This version features several improvements in its user interface and, for the first time, support for layers. As the lack of an ability to work with layers was the application’s major disadvantage in the graphical editing software market, version 5.0 is a major advance. Visit the official Paint Shop Pro website.
Del Rey releases the fantasy novel Enchantment by Orson Scott Card as a hardcover. (ISBN-13: 978-0345416872) It is the story of a Ukraine-born, American graduate student who is transported to the ninth century to take on the role of the prince in a Russian version of Sleeping Beauty. Visit the author’s official website. Length: 400 pages
International Business Machines (IBM) introduces the RS/6000 Model H70 as the world’s fastest 64-bit, four-way web server. The server, designed to host ecommerce sites, bench tests at 11,774 hits per second.