Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #151
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: The Sanctuary

What lies behind us and what lays before us are small matters
compared to what lays within us .

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 01-07-2010 at 07:54 PM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #152
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

The way I know my heart's agenda is the peace

it gives me. My heart wants only peace.

-Nikki Goodman

BC
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #153
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

The surest sign of the higher life is serenity.

-Epictetus

BC

Old 01-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #154
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

We talk to ourselves incessantly
about our world. In fact we maintain our
world with our internal talk. And whenever
we finish talking to ourselves about
ourselves and our world, the world is
always as it should be. We renew it, we
rekindle it with life, we uphold it with our
internal talk. Not only that, but we also
choose our paths as we talk to ourselves.
Thus we repeat the same choices over
and over until the day we die, because we
keep on repeating the same internal talk
over and over until the day we die. A warrior
is aware of this and strives to stop
his internal talk.

-From A Separate Reality

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #155
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.

-From Tales of Power

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #156
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The basic difference between an ordinary
man and a warrior is that a warrior
takes everything as a challenge, while an
ordinary man takes everything as a
blessing or a curse.

-From Tales of Power

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #157
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

We hardly ever realize that we can cut anything out of our lives, anytime, in the blink of an eye.

-From Journey To Ixtlan

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #158
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The world of daily life consists of two points of reference. We have for example, here and there, in and out, up and down, good and evil, and so on and so forth. So, properly speaking, our perception of our lives is two-dimensional. None of what we perceive ourselves doing has depth.
A sorcerer perceives his actions with depth. His actions are tridimensional for him. They have a third point of reference.

-From The Power of Silence

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #159
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Every living thing has been granted
the power, if it so desires, to seek an
opening to freedom and go through it.

From The Eagle's Gift.

The gift is Love

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #160
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

That which you are, your true self, you love it, and whatever you do, you do for your own happiness. To find it, to know it, to cherish it is your basic urge. Since time immemorial you loved yourself, but never wisely. Use your body and mind wisely in the service of the self, that is all. Be true to your own self, love yourself absolutely. Do not pretend that you love others as yourself. Unless you have realized them as one with yourself, you cannot love them. Don't pretend to be what you are not, don't refuse to be what you are. Your love of others is the result of self- knowledge, not its cause. Without self-realization, no virtue is genuine. When you know beyond all doubting that the same life flows through all that is and you are that life, you will love all naturally and spontaneously. When you realize the depth and fullness of yourself, you know that every living being and the entire universe are included in your affection. But when you look at anything as separate from you, you cannot love it for you are afraid of it. Alienation causes fear and fear deepens alienation. It is a vicious circle. Only self-realization can break it. Go for it resolutely.

Nisargadatta Maharaj as seen in the book I Am That

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #161
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

All my needs are taken care of as I follow my Higher Path.

-Karen Kingston

BC
Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #162
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Let us come together in the Spirit of Oneness inherent in Life ItSelf, and meditate upon that which connects us all. For all Life is One from Eternity to Eternity. And access comes only in the Present Moment.

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #163
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Authenticity

Know what is the real, your fact, because only a fact can be changed. If you want to transform yourself, you must know your facticity. You cannot change a fiction. You are violent and you think you are nonviolent-- then there is no possibility of any transformation. That non-violence is nowhere, so you cannot change. And the violence is there, but you are not aware of it, so how can you change it?
--------
First know the facts as they are. How to know the facts? Encounter them without your interpretations.
--------
If this consideration is there, by and by you will become authentic. And this authenticity will not be like that of an animal. This authenticity will be like that of a saint, because the more you know how ugly you are, the more you know how violent you are, the more you penetrate inside your facts and become aware of the nonsense that you are doing, the more this awareness will help you. And by and by your ugliness will drop away, will wither away, because if you are aware of your ugliness it cannot continue.
--------

You cannot deceive anyone unless someone is ready to be deceived; that is another thing. By authenticity I mean: remember you facticity. Always sort it out from your interpretations. Throw away your interpretations and look at the fact of what you are. And do not be afraid, then you will never be able to change it. If it is there, accept that it is there; consider it.

This is what consideration means: consider it, look at it in its total nakedness. Move around it, go to its roots, analyze it. See why it is there, how you help it to be there, how you feed it, how you protect it, how it has grown to be such a big tree. See your ugliness, your violence, your hatred, your anger, how you have protected it, how you have helped it to grow up to now. Look at the roots; look at the whole phenomenon.
--------
It is you who have been helping it to become rooted in you. It is your creation. You can drop it immediately-- just now. You can leave it, and then there is no need to look again toward it. But before you can do this, you will have to know it-- what it is, the whole mechanism, the whole complexity of it, how you help it every moment.

From The Book of Secrets by Osho

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #164
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

"If you really want to know who I am, you will have to be absolutely empty as I am. Then two mirrors will be facing each other, and only emptiness will be mirrored.
Infinite emptiness will be mirrored: two mirrors facing each other. But if you have some idea, then you will see your own idea in me."

Osho about himself

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #165
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Wise is the one who rides the world in selflessness and realizes more than one soul accounts for his being.

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #166
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

You are like a candle. Imagine you are sending light out all around you. All your words, thoughts and actions are going in many directions. If you say something kind, your kind words go in many directions, and you yourself go with them. We are ...transforming and continuing in a different form at every moment.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #167
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life-- happiness, freedom and a peace of mind-- are always attained by giving them to someone else.

Payton Conway March

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #168
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The Real Work

There is one thing in this world that you must never forget to do. If you forget everything else and not this, there's nothing to
worry about; but if you remember everything else and forget this, then you will have done nothing in your life.

It's as if a king has sent you to some country to do a task, and you perform a hundred other services, but not the one he sent you to do. So human beings come to this world to do particular work. That work is the purpose, and each is specific to the person. If you don't do it, it's as though a priceless Indian sword were used to slice rotten meat. It's a golden bowl being used to cook turnips, when one filing from the bowl could buy a hundred suitable pots. It's a knife of the finest tempering nailed into a wall to hang things on.

You say, "But look, I'm using the dagger. It's not lying idle." Do you hear how ludicrous that sounds? For a penny, an iron nail could be bought to serve the purpose. You say, "But I spend my energies on lofty enterprises. I study jurisprudence and philosophy and logic and astronomy and medicine and all the rest."
But consider why you do those things. They are all branches of yourself.

Remember the deep root of your being, the presence of your lord. Give your life to the one who already owns your breath and your moments. If you don't, you will be exactly like the man who takes a precious dagger and hammers it into his kitchen wall for a peg to hold his dipper gourd. You'll be wasting valuable keenness and foolishly ignoring your dignity and your purpose.

From The Teachings of Rumi

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #169
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Wise is the one who rides the world in selflessness and realizes more than one soul accounts for his being.

Love Always
mudra
OR:

Those wise ones who see that the consciousness within themselves is the same consciousness within all conscious beings, attain eternal peace.

-Katha Upanishad

Loving the words from the Wise,
Bushycat
Old 01-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #170
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Oooh.... that is truly lovely Bushy
Thank you my dear.

Love from me
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 01-13-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #171
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

One love, one heart.
Let's get together and feel all right.

-Bob Marley

We're On A Roll With Soul,
BC
Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #172
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Dreams

People come to me and I look at them, and I see
that they are fast asleep, dreaming. Their problems
are out of their dreams, and they want to solve
them. They cannot be solved because they are not real. How can you solve an unreal problem? If it exists, it can be solved-- but it
is nowhere; it cannot be solved. An unreal problem-- how can it be solved? It can be solved only by an unreal answer. But that unreal answer will create other problems which again will be unreal. And then you fall ad nauseam; there is no end to it.

If you want to come to meet reality.....And to meet reality is to meet God. God is not something hiddden somewhere in the sky, it is the reality around you. God is not hidden; you are hidden in an unreality. God is the nearest immediate presence, but you are hidden in a capsule of your own unreal world and you go on protecting it-- and the center of it is the ego.
----

Nothing real can be dissolved. How can you dissolve it? If something is real, it cannot be destroyed; it will remian. And it will remain whatsoever you do. Only unreal things can be dissolved. They can disappear, they can simply evaporate into nowhere, into nothingness. Your ego can dissolve because it is unreal. It is just a thought, a notion; it has no substance to it.

Osho from The Book of Secrets

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #173
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #174