View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Canadian PM Harper Considering Prorogation (Again! Jan 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
The Conservatives are pretty good so far at swinging public opinion, and the lowest common denominator aspect of it IMO. The last prorogation they did the national sovereignty *specter* - with the irony (I guess???) of Quebec BQ and NDP cooperating.
I've been thinking about this - the first *spectre* - national sovereignty. Really, what would Quebec (BQ) have done? Send tanks throughout the country? Made moves to destroy confederation? Invaded the other 9 provinces with its air force? Emerged as Canada's break away province, a new sovereign nation? At the time, the BQ was just opposed to [all that was going on], like the others were.

Here's my brief sh*tlist about this government (SPP list not included). There's really actually too much to document IMO, when I start thinking about the late appearances at photo shoots and embarrassment internationally etc.
__________________________________________________ __

Tory attack ads staved off an election, Harper says

PM posits that Ignatieff saw the light about Canadians not wanting election after Conservative barrage of negative advertising changed his mind

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1197754/

What an interesting posit. Does he eat the water glass next?

- Fixed election dates (?)

- Original sin (party merger - Harper, MacKay, Orchard)

- Closing access to information vs transparency

- Imperial leadership aka undemocratic

- Inept Cabinet Ministers (Raitt [where's my recorder, sexy?], Ritz[listeria jokes], Bernier [where's my NATO file, honey-boobs?])

- Losing Quebec in a fireball

- Lack of respect for Office (e.g. Louise Arbour at UN, Linda Keen re nuke safety)

- Soliciting David Emerson in Vancouver Kingsway, Chuck Cadman (despite his contrary stance as Opposition leader)

- Income Trusts

- abandoning lucrative, global isotope business, no vision, defeatist! public asset giveaways!!!

- Kelowna Accord

- Duplicate speech (John Howard), 2003

- MP newletters & ads

- medical isotopes, selling a Crown corp (public investment $20b) this is a BIG **** up - talk about trade partners and duties, responsibilities - we look like ****
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote