View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #43
kevino

Default Re: safe areas in the UK?

Hmmm, some interesting responses here, so I'll add my thoughts.
Unless it comes completely out of the blue all the nuclear power stations will be run down and made 'safe' before the controllers 'leave the building' and turn off the lights. These reactors in the UK are mostly by the coast except for a few that are by large amounts of water (for cooling). I wouldn't worrry too much about those.
I would be more concerned about the reactions of all of the people who didn't see it coming who will be panicked and start looting etc. Towns and cities won't be nice places to be!
Anywhere you might want to run to will have to be close unless you make a break for it before the military close down all the roads and declare a dusk to dawn curfew and send up helicopters with FLIR to track down the runners. Make no mistake, if the balloon goes up martial law will come into effect very quickly and anyone caught is in deep trouble. There are MOD places everywhere (2 within 9 miles of here) and the army would be on the streets in no time.
If you can get away then go to the nearest safest high ground with spring water. I'd love to get to the highlands or the lake district but being on junction 10 of the M42 I know from my own experience in the military that I would never make it, even on my own. I'll be trying to keep a family alive.
One area that hasn't been mentioned yet is the peak district which is about 40 or so miles due north of here (Tamworth).
I learnt TM in the 80s and worked for the organisation so that I could learn the siddhi techniques without spending money. I stayed at a place in the Dane valley near Macclesfield and I know the area quite well as I spent my days off walking in the countryside. There is natural shelter there (it was used during WW2 by the locals) and an abundance of spring water as well as sources of food.
So, pick a place or places close by, get the OS maps and a good compass and learn how to use them (day and night), travel light and go to ground.
This is a short term measure. Long term if it goes down like this we won't survive anyway but at least you can get away from the horrors of mass panic and everything else that disgusts me about society these days.
Hope (and pray if you like) for the best but plan for the worst.
"Chance favours the prepared mind."
All the best to everyone, Kev