View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #15
Shellie
Banned

Default Re: safest place in the world

N: It depends on your visa. Can you travel outside the cities without needing a stamp? There are natural caves in western KSA to hide out in. The rest is well... desert. Don't go east because that will make you too close to nuclear fallout and military issues in the gulf.

If it was me, I would get a visa to Yemen and hang on to it. That will be your best way out if you have to leave.

Otherwise, since you don't speak Arabic, I don't know how well you will get along over there if anything goes down. Censorship is an BIG issue, language is a BIG issue, and being a foreigner (esp. non-Muslim?) is an even bigger issue. Think of all the horror stories you've heard about Egyptians not getting paid, Indians getting attacked and Nigerians getting their passports revoked. That could be you. You should know the bureaucracy by now. Red tape and no communications can be more dangerous than no water in the desert (or the Somalis who make left turns from the right lane! sorry, just had to add that).

You know, you could always go to the suk and get yourself an abaya and niqab. Something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abaya2.jpg (9.9 KB, 11 views)
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote