View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #69
Nenuphar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

I love this thread! Thank you!

Put another log on the fire, and I take my coffee with a bit of sugar and lots of milk!

It's a sunny, mild day in northern British Columbia. Our Spring came early this year. I am so grateful, the sun feels fantastic. Our winters here are long and get pretty darn dreary and cold. (My record for "walking to work in unreasonable weather" happened several winters ago, in -55 degree temps. Arrived with iced up eyelashes and frostbite on my nose. Not something I will do again!)

I was feeling homesick this morning (though I've lived here for almost 11 years, I am from Nova Scotia, and still think of it as Home). So out I went this morning, with my cup of tea, to sit on the front doorstep in the sun and listen to the birds. Even *they* are happy it's Spring. Very peaceful. I did some clearing out of the flower beds (as much as I could...the ground is still frozen *L*) and then started some seeds indoors, in our plant room, to put in the garden this summer. (Things I've never tried: eggplant, chocolate peppers, celery, and silvercup flowers. We have a short growing season, but I am optimistic. Fingers crossed!)

...odds and ends...am enjoying my new business, though also missing the students (and, I admit, the regular pay cheque) from my old job...craving a cafe au lait, now that we've mentioned cozy conversation and coffee...broke out the juicer this morning and made carrot/celery/lemon juice, it's like drinking liquid sunshine...wondering, with some dismay, how to rid myself of the winter hibernation weight I have put on ...love getting to know people on this forum in a more personal, down-to-earth way, so please keep these posts coming.

Have a great week, everyone!

Nenuphar
Nenuphar is offline   Reply With Quote