View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #25
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The PTB are up in arms over Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke View Post
Hmmm, surprised nobody's saying much about this aspect. Murdoch's up there with some pretty bad dudes, he's probably the hardest driving force behind the 'internet 2.0' idea where nothing is free, subcriptions for everything etc.

I was actually expecting someone to suggest an ulterior motive in the film, as it was obviously green lighted by the higher ups, at which point I would offer a counter pov, but since no one has, I suppose I'll argue with myself!

The way I see it is, and I find this very interesting, tptb are figgin greedy as hell among many other character flaws, but greed is pretty high up there, and as long as it isn't blantantly obvious (metaphor, parody etc..) they seem willing to undermine their own (long term) survival in exchange for $$$$. I wonder if we could just pay 'em all off and they could go live on mars or something.

Or get busy on Earth...
greed can become so self spiralling upon itself it becomes oblivious to anything beyond ...
and THAT ... will eventually be its demise ...

yes raulduke ... let's package up tptb ... place a pretty bow on the box and send 'em elsewhere ... when shall we start ...

oh ... i think it's already happening ... hmm ... wonder if THEY know it ... nah ... too oblivious ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote