Thread: Just saw Avatar
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #78
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Just saw Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdiamond View Post
Hello, watched the movie.. lots of hidden / underlying messages (need to watch again) -few things:

-What's with this theme of rebuilding from a great sacrifice? (all the dead blues)
-Genetic engineering can be fun?
-Can't remember if the mining executive dude got what was coming to him
-Unobtainium? WTF?
i dont think anything was very "hidden"
well, the heroes of the story are the na'vi and they certainly werent doing any genetic engeneering.

-they didnt rebuild they moved to a different part of the forest. (and even if they did i dont see what your getting at, this is all historical allegory)

-giovanni ribisi's character (the corporate douchbag) got booted back to the future wasteland earth witht the rest of the corporate/military folk.

-unobtanium is just a goofy name for a mineral and a play on "unobtainable" to me i took it as the corporate/military/imperialists/humans/us are looking for another resource that can fuel their biological stupidity and that it is "unobtainable"

i find myself defending this movie a lot when people call it hypocritical for having anti technology themes yet uses and advances the latest technology to say it (my analogy is if a train is headed toward a brick wall, do you tell the passengers to pull the brakes going cart to cart person to person, or do you get on the PA system and announce to everyone all at once to pump the brakes)

and people looking for some covert PTB/ illuminatti messages, programming etc.

folks this story is age old, its pocahontas, dances with wolves etc etc.
stories and myths are as old as humanity and this one is connecting to people because the theme of indigeneous people in balance being overcome by "civilization" strikes a chord with people.

the reason its important is because we are out of balance as a species , tribes have lived in balance and continue to do so despite civilzations attempts to eradicate them.

if we wipe ourselves out guess who will still be here?...tribes unconnected to society and knowing how to live simply off the land and in harmony with animals/plants etc.

if atlantis was true then our first go round with civilization failed and its not unthinkable to think this time might not work either. in the long run materialism and civilization just might be biological blips on the radar where we got it wrong.

of course if their are ET's and they somehow figured out how to have tech aaaaaand be in balance with nature, then maybe we can figure it out, but so far civilization has been a bad experiment.

like jake sully says in the movie, "They're not gonna give up their home. They're not gonna make a deal. For what? A light beer, and some blue jeans? Their's nothing we have that they want."

http://superstrangeland.blogspot.com/

-clark
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote