View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #11
dolphin
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: DMSO Real good stuff for your Health

i just did a quick search on info of dmso. and i found this disturbing statement coming from a holistic doctor:

"DMSO (di-methyl-sulfoxide) is an exception. DMSO is not an herbal medicine, vitamin or a supplement. It is a man-made solvent derived from the pulp and paer industry. Its main use is as an industrial solvent to clean heavy equipment. DMSO does have some medicinal uses, primarily for the treatment of interstitial cystitis, and to help race horses cope with the strain on their unnatural bodies"

he further explains that it can do severe damage to your skin and blood-brain barrier.

"You may think that 99% pure DMSO sounds pretty pure, but actually it isn’t. DMSO is a great sub-dermal delivery system. It penetrates through your skin, through your cell membranes and is one of the few substances that penetrates your blood-brain barrier which protects your brain. 1% impurity makes any non-pharmaceutical grade DMSO too dangerous for human use. DMSO will also carry anything on the surface of your skin right into your body with it- bacteria, viruses, and toxins. DMSO also can burn and cause severe irritation to your skin."

i'm really getting confused about all of this since jim humble said mms is safe, and now others are posting it can be harmful

Last edited by dolphin; 09-27-2009 at 06:31 AM.
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote