Thread: New Jersey
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 03:53 AM   #16
Ceilidh_Madigan@yahoo.com
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: New Jersey

I'm in the capital... Just the worst of the worst. Trenton was entirely set up to be maintained militarily in case of emergency, i.e. the road systems and bridges can easily be locked down. I can only hope there is enough forewarning of ACTUAL necessity to evacuate. Everyone here in central/south jersey should take care to understand that if checkpoints are ever established in a national disaster scenario, it's already too late for us, being a peninsula we only can reach mainland by bridge. This means everyone will flock north, and bottleneck going into NY state. I plan to keep my ear to the ground and wait for the most convincing piece of evidence to prove imminent disaster. Right now, the most concerning thing going on is our government's bailout of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae... if it weren't for tax money backing them, we would be in a global economic emergency, if not full collapse, this was stated on NPR. The thing is, we back them with US dollars, and if come sept. 30 the US dollar is found to be bankrupt... then that backing means nothing, and so the whole house of cards finally falls. Any thoughts on this?
Ceilidh_Madigan@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote