Thread: C a n a d a
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #50
NatureGirl

Red face Re: C a n a d a

Born and raised BC'er, here - although I have lived in both Quebec and Alberta. I've always had a sixth sense that's been very strong my whole life - to the point of seeing full spirit apparitions and being able to communicate with them (at times). In fact, the energies around me were so strong growing up, that my Mom could see one of my Guides. Thankfully, my parents were very open minded and helped me to accept that there is much more to life than what we can actually see. I spent my evenings as a child watching the stars with my Dad, discussing what was out there and looking for satellites and UFO's, going on nature walks with my parents and learning about appreciation and respect for all life. When Dad died in 2004, I really began to change spiritually. I have always believed in living close to nature and being in balance with her, but after Dad's death I went into slow down and appreciation mode. I was tired of the "speed" with which my friends and co-workers lived their lives, never having time for anything or anyone - running in circles, chasing their tails. They seemed to base their self-importance upon how "busy" their life was. It seemed like an unfortunate game - you can only juggle so long and eventually the ball has to drop. I also learned a valuable lesson when I saw just how many friends came to my aid when I needed them most. Let me tell you, the numbers are not all that high, but the ones who come to you when you most need them are true treasures to be cherished forever.

Currently, I continue to find material that I find enlightening. I listen to my heart and accept that we may not know all of the answers to life's questions, but we can continue to learn and grow and open our minds to possibilities that feel right within. I am especially interested in eco-villages and wish that some could form in BC. Greed, consumerism and distraction seem to have permeated our societies like a contagious disease - where all concerned would rather ignore what's real until it finally hits where it hurts - the pocketbook. My husband and I have lived with very sparse means for many years because I've had a non-life threatening chronic illness since I was 15 that (at the moment) prevents me from working outside of the home. This does allow me much time to reflect, observe and study. I love possibilities, sincerity, imagination and kind-hearted people, I am fascinated with the paranormal, I love the outdoors, physical fitness, animal rights and I am vegetarian.

I am so happy to see a forum for Canadians - I was waiting for just the right time to join in and this gave me the opportunity. May we form the light needed to guide us away from a path of destruction - it is within our power, live strong and with positive intent in your heart.

NatureGirl

Last edited by NatureGirl; 10-07-2008 at 08:18 AM.