View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #16
Kamikaze
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Knowledge that, once accepted, causes insainity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkspllmn View Post
I know what you are saying here and I appreciate it. I know that, theoretically we can all have the life that we want. The question is what impact does it have on others when we are getting everything we want. If we get more, someone else will get less. Happiness is really all about the money (those who have enough money will deny this). Starving people who sleep outside in the cold are not happy. But they put themselves there by not getting what they need from others. People who have enough are free to "make their own reality".

Nobody wishes this was not true more than me.
Happiness = money? I would not want to make that link. You can for sure be happy to great extent even if you don't have all the money you might want.
The way society is working right now money makes things seemingly easier but it's also the cause of continued misery. The money system is nothing close to fair or good or anything to it. It's purpose is to rob those that have little to give to them that have many and it continues to further the shovelling over of the dough continually more and more.
By "yearning" for it you play into their game and push it further.

I'm poor... I have no income and haven't had for 1.5 years. I'm grateful that I can stay at home still for free to leech! But I'm nearing the end of this capability. Where will I end?
To be serious? I could go out and live in the forest if I need to and have the things necessary to be able to be there. Sure it may be boring but who cares? I would not mind for a while. Would be interesting.
More likely situation is I find some job to pay something so I can live in somewhere decent. But I know even if I do not I will be able to get enough money to still have a place to call home!

I have learnt and read much on the internet but also much time "wasted" but right now I have understood and learnt some important things to myself. I have understood much on how I need to go in respect on achieving what I want. Some wishes are thorny so it pushes me back a little but I see that I must just go through whit it in return to achieve the things I would love.
And the things I to great extents want to achieve? Well ideally none of them requires money! But society as it is makes them, requires money.

I my self will manage whit minimal amounts. Damn I've spent so little these past years it's ridiculous. I don't look poor as I am currently and have been for quite some time... Much thanks to been taken care off by family to great extent.
So I've been getting happier and happier about my "existence" that people seem weirded out that I'm not bothered by their concerns of my situation. Much to my struggles on to overcome the fears that are portrayed.
Sure it isn't the greatest in sociological situations but I do manage better and better actually. I'm on my path to reconquer that social stuff even if I have no money! Just means I might not befriend and mingle whit those I would normally.
But things are going good concerning things anyway.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote