View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #45
cedarboy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Book Recommendations

I am curious to know why nobody has mentioned the Urantia Book. This book that I found in a metaphysical book store in 1993 has impacted my life like no other. It was so compelling that I read over 2,000 pages in about 45 days. The last third of the book has the most beautiful and detailed description of the complete life of Joshua Ben Joseph (Jesus) that I have ever seen, and is free of any church dogma. It seems to me that even reading the book as fiction would awaken spiritual growth from your innermost being just because of the sheer beauty of the concepts and thought stimulation from the book. The Urantia Book is called the Fifth Epochal Revelation, but states that it will become less relevant and true as time passes and man evolves. Nothing that man touches can possibly capture infinite truth or be perfect, not even divine revelation.
Does just about everyone in this forum think that reincarnation is an absolute certainty? I believe that people's experiences of past lives are real, but those past lives are not their own. The Urantia Book has similar concepts of many lives after death while evolving toward pure spirit, but that there is only one completely physical death.
Other books I have enjoyed are the Ringing Cedars of Russia series, the Seth Books by Jane Roberts, the Edgar Cayce material. I am fascinated with David Wilcock and want to read the Law of One books.
cedarboy is offline   Reply With Quote