View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 AM   #41
Opal
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Book Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein

Many here I am sure have read this book.
For those that have not and are interested then I strongly suggest reading the 1991 version over the 1961 version.

Wiki Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_a_Strange_Land
Hi,

I too highly recommend this book! In factI consider Robert Heinlien, as well as Asimov and Michael Moorcock, some of the greatest Sci-Fi writers about.

Funnily, I have found that if not all than a good 90% of the sci fi books I collected in my teenage years, all have basis in things that are now being discussed within this whole forum!!
eg: AI intelligence, Interdimensional beings, Multiverses, Robotics/Cyborgs, PSI gifts, etc etc etc
So perhaps, back then, that was the way, that the info was being sent out, via Sci FI books ?

I do have a Q? for Stephen, why do you suggest to read the '1991' version over the 'original' 1961 version?? [which is the version I have]
What is different in the 1991 version?

BTW..for those who still like to read sci fi/fantasy, check out an Australian author by the name of TRACI HARDING. Her books, are so amazing, they speak of things which again is discussed here in this forum, including Spirituality, Time Travel and the Great War for Souls - which is what I feel~believe the current battle to be.

Cheers
Opal
Opal is offline   Reply With Quote