View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
nameless
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "Conspicary Theory" with Jesse Ventura

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl11 View Post
I understand your viewpoint and respect it, but I have to disagree with your overall judgement of Ventura's impact on the populace.

You have to remember that, often times, preaching to the choir is something which is done very often in an unintended fashion through the marginalized or non-mainstream media forums such as Project Camelot, Prison Planet, Media Conscious Network, etc. but try to think back to what it was that first got you into some of these areas of interest in the first place- something had to pique your interest. I'm willing to bet that, at the very least, thousands of people first visit such sites after encountering an overly brief and topical exposure to a particular area of interest for them, and that was enough to catalyze them and trigger them on their own quest or journey. And it's better that it's brief and topical, that it does not capture the full depth of the topic- all the more impetus for the seeker to pursue this on his/her own, in their own fashion.

Jesse Ventura is not a final word, but he is a springboard for many who need just the right trigger released in their mind, and he does his work within a framework that many of us gave up hope on long ago, the mainstream media. It does not need to be a perfected art for him; in fact, the more sculpted and articulated his message, the more in-depth- the more likely to lose the interest of the many who are still entranced and deeply conditioned at a subconcious level and will find it to be too wide a gap to close in their minds. I applaud him for his efforts, I would not have the patience to deal within that framework as he does, and his rudimentary fashion is exactly what is most needed to be effective at that level.

I think your points are pertinent and quite true. However I think in this case he is doing more harm and good. I understand a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down but this is sachrine processed syrup. Look at the way its hot, the confrontational aspect of his "interactins" the crass naff round the table investigative cop show table thumping, c'mon , please. Shown to a bunch of neaderthralls, the message is sullied, you are taking a topic which is important and showing it in a dramatic way, you are confusing the viwer into thinking this reality is another fantasy. you cant make entertainment out of real topics. These programmes are entertaining, they are satisfying and push the right buttons. Ventura is giving people what they want, not what they need. Thats the difference. The problem predominantly being the medium overweighing the message.
nameless is offline   Reply With Quote